Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mistake EVERYBODY Makes Against Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    That Uncle Tom should just limit her hate by directing it only at her people, filipinos. Asians as a whole are too broad. Japanese people for example are very different from pinoys culturally.
    LOL Michelle Malkin in a sad case indeed. She really is no different from Amy Holmes or Juan Williams.

Comment

• Personally, while styles do matter I believe that you are only beating an elite fighter if you yourself are an elite fighter. If a pressure fighter is good enough, he will impose his style on Floyd and beat him. If a defensive counter puncher is good enough, he will impose his style and beat Floyd.

When you are talking elite fighters, it all depends on which fighter is mentally tougher and which fighter can make the other fight their fight. That is especially true of fighting Mayweather. If you don't fight your fight against Mayweather, you have no chance. You have to know your advantages and focus on taking advantage of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rambov View Post
        No it should not imo. What would constitute as a block then? Well body maybe.
        That is what I'm asking. If Floyd Intentionally takes a punch off his body (as he does all the time), should that count as a landed punch on the judges' cards, compubox, and that new punchtrack that HBO uses?

My opinion is that it SHOULD. My guess is that the judges view it in their minds as a block, and don't "score" it for his opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Now that was funny.
          Yeah ... it sounds funny, but its very, very true.

They pay lots of money to "yuppify" themselves. They wear blue and green contacts, they dye their hair blond and they pay lots of money for those speech classes.

To really see this you'd have to live in either Hawaii or California. Its such blatant self hatred and a disregard for all things indigenous that its sad and pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Personally, while styles do matter I believe that you are only beating an elite fighter if you yourself are an elite fighter. If a pressure fighter is good enough, he will impose his style on Floyd and beat him. If a defensive counter puncher is good enough, he will impose his style and beat Floyd.
            Apologies, bojangles... but history has shown that not to be the case.

I realize that you are talking the rule, and not the exception. But history is littered with too many examples of one guy (middling maybe) who just has another guy's number. Based on size/style or a combination thereof.

I believe that Zahir Raheem will ALWAYS beat Erik Morales.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              That Uncle Tom should just limit her hate by directing it only at her people, filipinos. Asians as a whole are too broad. Japanese people for example are very different from pinoys culturally.
              Oh my... VERY much so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                Apologies, bojangles... but history has shown that not to be the case.

I realize that you are talking the rule, and not the exception. But history is littered with too many examples of one guy (middling maybe) who just has another guy's number. Based on size/style or a combination thereof.

I believe that Zahir Raheem will ALWAYS beat Erik Morales.
                True, but you could have come up with a better case than Raheem vs. Morales. That had as much to do with Morales simply being crap at lightweight than Raheem having his number. There are of course exceptions to every rule, but in general I would say that when elite fighters match up, the winner is the guy who is better at their style rather than focusing just on the styles themselves, and who is the tougher, more determined fighter in the ring that night.

Comment

• Right now Floyd is the best fighter that adjustes in a fight. Don't think boxing him is going to work cause the pace will slow down and he will be even thinking more what is he going to do.

A master counterpuncher with good defense good luck with slowing the pace of the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Personally, while styles do matter I believe that you are only beating an elite fighter if you yourself are an elite fighter.
                    I love that you said that. The only thing I would add is that even elite fighters get old and in some cases loses discipline like in the case of Mike Tyson and James Toney for a minute.

You could argue that some elite get caught and lose, but how many elite do you remember getting KO'd in their primes by C & D fighters over and over again?

Wlad Klitschko and Lennox Lewis .... both whom I NEVER considered elite anyway. Ross Purrity and Corrie Sanders both KO'd Wlad in his prime. Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman KO'd Lewis in his prime. They were both really tall guys who hid behind reach and a jab. Nothing elite or great about either.

I agree with you on that point. Very good, sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                      Right now Floyd is the best fighter that adjustes in a fight. Don't think boxing him is going to work cause the pace will slow down and he will be even thinking more what is he going to do.

A master counterpuncher with good defense good luck with slowing the pace of the fight
                      You don't need to knock Floyd out. Or to "dominate" him. I think that is what guys go in there thinking.
                      You need to win seven rounds. In the minds of two judges.

And Floyd is always very comfortable giving 2-3 rounds away at the start of a fight.

So, basically, you need to fight Floyd "even" from rounds 4-12.

Ricky Hatton: I'm stronger than him. I'm going to maul him.

Shane Mosley: I'm bigger , stronger, just as fast, and he can't take my power:

Naazim Richardson: Anything Shane hits will fall. Shane can knock out a farm animal. In fact, we are bringing oxen and water buffalo in as sparring partners.

Victor Ortiz: I'm going to destroy Mayweather, then KO him.

See the trend?
                      Last edited by Gino Ros; 08-22-2011, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X