Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao "I Don't Need Mayweather; Fight Could Happen Next Year" (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
    I think you mis-quoted him. I have never read or heard Floyd use those words. Floyd simply says you don't all of a sudden become a great fighter in your late 20's. 3 yrs ago against JMM he looked like a shot fighter, according to Emanuel Steward. Then he gains weight, gains speed, gains strength. (And ran from JMM for three years) Now he sees JMM, a 38 yr old lightweight fading, he will give him the fight. 75% of Pac's last 15 opponents have come off career defining or career threatening losses. When is the last time he fought an up an comer? A long, long, time.
    Arum will allow the fight to happen when he thinks his cash cow is about to retire, or if Mayweather looks bad and sluggish against Ortiz.
    A lot of fans and boxing writers don't seem to be able to grasp what you've written simply here, and to make matters worse they don't seem to grasp the minimal threat most of Manny's recent opponents actually posed. It's as if whatever Mayweather does, whoever he fights, or whatever he says is wrong and a Pacquiao fan is bound and determined to prove it irregardless of the facts.

Manny hasn't been tested in a long time and I seriously doubt they'll put him in with anyone that can, not with him being so easy to hit. The thing about this is that Pacquiao fans don't seem to care at all who he fights, as long as he laces up his gloves is good enough for them. Personally, I think it matters tremendously if the fighter you're facing is, old, on a losing streak or coming off of the biggest win in his career.

The only way Floyd Mayweather has any fans is because there are still a few people left that can reason logically and aren't passionate/irrational supporters of Manny Pacquiao.
    Last edited by Slip Stream; 08-19-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Spare us that kind of crap both of you. Roach had been calling out Floyd for like hundreds of times. Yes, Floyd the best fighter in the world (wink, wink). Floyd came up with tons of excuses not to fight.

What are you talking about?

;-|
      Last edited by maguirre; 08-19-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

you're the underdog against him manny...... so you need him....
        Last edited by skillswin; 08-19-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

awwwwww!!! so manny was willing to put lead in his pants to fight...by any means necessary type of attitude, eh? hmmm..................

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
            you're the underdog against him manny...... so you need him....
            Pacquiao has been an underdog many times before and your point is?

Comment

No surprises there.

Floyd calls out Manny on live TV, and Manny says: "I don't need him".

Keep living in denial, *******s. Be glad he's not facing Floyd anytime soon.

Comment

they say Floyd is a coward....I find that hard to co-sign....when he moved up to WW...Floyd was coming in on fight night at 148 or something like that...he fought Hoya at 154....Hoya was at full strength....he fought Hatton when his confidence was sky high....when he was a ****** to losing....he fought Shane when he was the top dog at WW...coming off a brutal beatdown of the then top dog Marg.....Manny fought Hoya at his weakest EVER...fought Hatton after Floyd popped his cherry....fought Shane AFTER Roach declined a few years earlier and AFTER Floyd ran the tables on him from rounds 3 to 12 and Mora revealed that there were no more bullets in the gun slinger's guns....and he could've fought Sergio to compensate for the bs schedule he fought....making ppl pay to watch him beat up dudes who ALREADY had the fight beaten outta them....Manny and his LEFTOVERS tour will go down in history....not saying history will be kind...but this **** is being recorded!!

Comment

Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
                  Pacquiao has been an underdog many times before and your point is?
                  my point is take the ***** test and fight......

Comment

Pac career from 135 and below already matched Floyd achievement. Pac career from 140 and above a slap to Floyd face left and right. Floyd in 6 year at welterweight did nothing but in less than 2 years, Pac fought all those he avoided and retired those he fought. Floyd ducked so many fighters in the name of fake retirement and fake vacations. His name is good for Pac resume but if he doesn't want any part of Pacquiao it should be fine. Pac doesn't need that coward for his legacy.

8 division champ
                    4 lineal champ
                    3 times fighter of the year
                    fighter of the decade
                    from 106 lbs up to 150 lbs

will Floyd can match one of those achievement let alone all of them? NONE! So Pac is right he doesnt need that coward.
                    Last edited by straightleft; 08-19-2011, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                      Fine. Take it from me. An asian guy who is a fan of BOTH Manny and Floyd. I believe Manny should take the test. To be honest, its not a big demand. Seriously, when did taking a teaspoon of blood become such a big deal? Why did Floyd agree to the outrageous 10 million dollar for every pound overweight demand if he was really ducking? He could have just said no and it would have been normal for a guy who loves money to do that. You have a guy who has come in over the weight limit in the past willing to give up 10 million dollars for every lb, and you have another guy not willing to give up a teaspoon of blood. And people are saying the guy NOT willing to give up the teaspoon of blood is the one who wants the fight and the guy who is WILLING to give up 10 mill for every lb overweight is the one who doesn't want the fight. Do you see the irony here? I mean come on, let's be normal here.

And I don't believe Pacquiao's team agreed to the extra testing. Don't believe everything you hear in the media. Especially when the media is controlled by Bob Arum. I mean, when you have Koncz saying one thing, and Bob Arum saying another thing, then you have Manny himself saying another thing, SOMEONE is lying. So it's not that hard for a logical person to believe that when a camp can't get their stories right, they become a little su****ious.
                      Hey asian, it was only Koncs who said something different, Arum, Manny and the rest of team Pacquiao where in unisonce in saying there is no more any issue in regards to OST, they are agreeing to everything Floyd wanted and they are just waiting to sit down again with Floyd.. And Koncs is just a glorified waterboy...

Comment

Working...
                      X