Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you score Calzaghe-Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly it was an awful fight, a real let down.

On the night i had it close, but tipped towards Joe. On watching it again i gave it much wider to Joe, 116-111

But as far as I’m concerned this one is buried and should remain there. A really ugly fight, lacking in everything i love about boxing.

I don’t want to see a rematch. Ever.

Comment

Calzaghe...just. Hopkins won 3 rounds very clearly, but you had to give most of the others to Calzaghe through pressure and workrate, because lets face it both guys were struggling to land clean the whole fight. I actually think Calzaghe started landing clean between 7-10 until Hopkins faked the low blow, and got his energy levels back.

I think the biggest compliment to Calzaghe was that Hopkins was under severe pressure and I have never seen him gas like that, he kept going back to the wrong corner and seemed to not enjoy the fight at all. Hopkins biggest compliment is that he made calzaghe look like **** for a lot of the fight, and negated most of his attacks through good footwork, movement, and defensive technique.

Overall Calzaghe wanted it more and I think deserved the nod. 2 HOF fighters, in a very forgettable fight, not the first or last time that will happen.

Comment

i had calzaghe winning all 12 rounds tbh.

the silly mong who scored it for hopkins needs a good slap

Comment

Originally posted by EUBANKS View Post
          i had calzaghe winning all 12 rounds tbh.

the silly mong who scored it for hopkins needs a good slap
          Totally agree. green k for you

Comment

I had it 115-112.
            8 rounds to 4 with 1 knockdown.

I get perplexed every time i hear someone call it a robbery, i thought it was clear as day.
            As i've said before, i think the racial tensions helped create this myth that this fight was a "robbery". People get really biased and stubborn when emotions are put into play.

With that said, I've only watched this abortion of a fight twice. I'm not sure i will watch it again.

Comment

Joe C by domination..

Comment

Calzaghe hit nothing but elbows, learn to score a damn fight, I was going to break this down but I cba, too many trolls & ****.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
                  Calzaghe hit nothing but elbows, learn to score a damn fight, I was going to break this down but I cba, too many trolls & ****.
                  so you give rounds to the person who does NOTHING

Comment

Originally posted by B_Real View Post

B-Hop floored him and landed the cleaner, harder punches. Calzaghes punch output was limited & he hit nothing but elbows & gloves, watch the fight again. Didn't Joe get a point deduction as well?
                    I don't really care for the scores from this fight tbh, I did watch it again & believe Hopkins took it 114-113 if I recall correctly.

It could of gone either way but I tell you one thing Robin Reid beat Joe to a pulp

Comment

Originally posted by B_Real View Post
                      He obviously does.

Oh Hopkins did have that one knockdown early so maybe thats why he had Hopkins winning!

Comment

Working...
                      X