No announcement yet.

Is Amir Khan that good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SdBoxingFan83 View Post
    Maidana almost got the Job done maybe if he would of started earlier throwing bombs away he would of got that Ko. Any Pressure fighter that knows how to cut the ring maybe a Brandon Rios or Ortiz will Ko his overrated ass ( This is not the Amateurs )
    Lets be real guys the moment he faces a good pressure and effective brawler in how to cut the ring , That's when we are really going to see what he is made out of ,and to me and im sure others looking at the Maidhana fight makes you see hes not this guy they make him out to be. Sure hes fast but he can't handle pressure, How can guys even say he has a good resume when he fighting old washed up Older legends, Barrera, Judah, Malinaggi a guy that lost to Hatton and Cotto. I always rag on Saul Alvarez because they put Bums against him but I don't see much difference in the Opposition that Khan is facing, What happened to the Rematch with Prescott? Why all of a sudden hes too good for Bredis? Now he wants to face Morales ? What a Warrior!, He is nowhere Mayweathers League or Pacquiao , He will never beat Mayweather or give any kind of trouble to Maweather, I see Money May dominating thats it. Money May is Excellent Superb. Khan is Ok
    You do know Maidana made Floyds next opponent cry and quit like a ***** and also after the Antillon fight the "warrior" Rios was calling out Barrera.

Comment

Maidana should call Khan Papi

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
        I think that is my first green K? Thank you Sir. I am a big Mayweather fan, big Pac fan as well, in fact I respect anybody willing to get in the ring. I don't get all the hate with Mayweather, it's at times like he can do no right. Even if he fought & beat Pac, Martinez etc they'll always be hate saying he ducked somebody. Like he said praise him now, not when he is gone. The guy IMO is leagues ahead of anybody that has ever lived skill-wise but I suppose that is just my opinion.
        I know its your opinion and Floyd is incredibly talented but no, he is not levels above fighters of the past and guys like Robinson/Leonard/Ali/Whittaker etc. will always be seen as better than him by the majority. Still good on ya for having an opinion.

Onto Khan, in comparison to Floyd of course he loses but there's no shame in not being better than Floyd when he's one of the best boxers of the last 10 years. He's got a decent resume against a variety of styles so far and he's improving with each outing when he's relaxed and not trying to force anything (McCloskey performace). If he were to face Floyd he'd pose some problems for him I think, his speed coupled with his jab that he likes to double up/his activity along with decent use of footwork to create angles means he could take maybe 2/3 rounds off Floyd before he adjusts. Floyd by 9 rounds to 3.

Comment

i think refinement is all that is needed with khan at this point.... and more experience at the top level.

he has the skills, he has the team, he ha the top sparring and training, and so far he has the desire.....

refinement in his style and skills coupled with more experience, khan can and will just might be THAT good......

i honestly think that it was a weight issue pertaining to his chin..... same with ortiz..

when your body is depleted of water and not properly hydrated,it's about equal to fighting while having the flu, your body aches, punches are going to have a bigger effect on you......

now that he's gone up in weight, he's handled shots fine..... minus getting hit with any shot that would hurt anyone in the game, khan has held up nicely.....

he has it all right now,it's his to lose and **** up...........

Comment

Khan is good but he isn't good enough to beat pacquiao or mayweather at this stage in his career. There is nothing to be ashamed of that because both pacquiao and mayweather are top25 ATG who nobody else can beat either. But who knows how good Khan will be by the time he reaches his prime at around 28-30 years of age. The fact that Khan at the tender age of 24 is being mentioned as an opponent for either pacquiao or mayweather is a tremendous complement. It just shows how far he has come in such a short amount of time under the tutelage of roach. I also believe we will see the best of khan at the weight 147-154, where he can fully fill out.
            Last edited by talz; 07-30-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
              i think refinement is all that is needed with khan at this point.... and more experience at the top level.

he has the skills, he has the team, he ha the top sparring and training, and so far he has the desire.....

refinement in his style and skills coupled with more experience, khan can and will just might be THAT good......

i honestly think that it was a weight issue pertaining to his chin..... same with ortiz..

when your body is depleted of water and not properly hydrated,it's about equal to fighting while having the flu, your body aches, punches are going to have a bigger effect on you......

now that he's gone up in weight, he's handled shots fine..... minus getting hit with any shot that would hurt anyone in the game, khan has held up nicely.....

he has it all right now,it's his to lose and **** up...........
              Thank you!
              Finally someone who agrees that moving up in weight will help his chin and him in general

Comment

Originally posted by SdBoxingFan83 View Post
                Maidana almost got the Job done maybe if he would of started earlier throwing bombs away he would of got that Ko. Any Pressure fighter that knows how to cut the ring maybe a Brandon Rios or Ortiz will Ko his overrated ass ( This is not the Amateurs )
                Lets be real guys the moment he faces a good pressure and effective brawler in how to cut the ring , That's when we are really going to see what he is made out of ,and to me and im sure others looking at the Maidhana fight makes you see hes not this guy they make him out to be. Sure hes fast but he can't handle pressure, How can guys even say he has a good resume when he fighting old washed up Older legends, Barrera, Judah, Malinaggi a guy that lost to Hatton and Cotto. I always rag on Saul Alvarez because they put Bums against him but I don't see much difference in the Opposition that Khan is facing, What happened to the Rematch with Prescott? Why all of a sudden hes too good for Bredis? Now he wants to face Morales ? What a Warrior!, He is nowhere Mayweathers League or Pacquiao , He will never beat Mayweather or give any kind of trouble to Maweather, I see Money May dominating thats it. Money May is Excellent Superb. Khan is Ok

Great post IMO and if I knew how to give you a green K I would! I think Matthysse would give Khan hell. He has been robbed twice but that guy is impressive IMO. He may lack technically but his non stop pressure, power & granite chin is friggin scary! But I guess the money wouldn't be there after he has been robbed

Comment

I don't know if you've noticed, but Khan has been quite convincingly beating some good competition lately. He's getting close to proving he is a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
                    Great post IMO and if I knew how to give you a green K I would! I think Matthysse would give Khan hell. He has been robbed twice but that guy is impressive IMO. He may lack technically but his non stop pressure, power & granite chin is friggin scary! But I guess the money wouldn't be there after he has been robbed
                    To give Green K:

Go to the post of the person who you want to give Green K too and then click on karma, which will be on the bottom right of the post. The click add reputation, add some comments if you want aswell

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
                      Khan is good but he isn't good enough to beat pacquiao or mayweather at this stage in his career. There is nothing to be ashamed of that because both pacquiao and mayweather are top25 ATG who nobody else can beat either. But who knows how good Khan will be by the time he reaches his prime at around 28-30 years of age. The fact that Khan at the tender age of 24 is being mentioned as an opponent for either pacquiao or mayweather is a tremendous complement. It just shows how far he has come in such a short amount of time under the tutelage of roach. I also believe we will see the best of khan at the weight 147-154, where he can fully fill out.
                      Exactly. Not being able to beat Pacquiao or Mayweather is not something to be ashamed of, they are two of the greatest fighters ever. Khan is really good, and should be recognized as such.

Comment

Working...
                      X