No announcement yet.

Is Amir Khan that good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Amir Khan that good?

Sure the kids improved under Roach & he is maturing nicely but I can't help but think this kid is so damn overrated.

Forget him being dropped by cans & his loss to a Columbian farmer.

Tell me why he is so highly praised when realistically he has beaten nothing but hasbins and midgets.

He beat barrera's ghost, Salita? I mean who the ****? The guy was like 30-0 & barely top 100 lol
    Then who was there? The feather fisted Paulie Malignaggi, Paulies a very good boxer but has no power what so ever but still he out-boxed Paulie and did a great job, so I have to give him credit there.

Then we have Maidana, tough as ****, power is very overrated and he is 1-D, gave Khan hell in there in a great fight which realistically Khan was meant to win with ease (Maidana was a 5-1 underdog)

McCloskey, not exactly bad, tricky southpaw with a little bit of pop, though Khan won every round he looked sloppy as hell doing so and the stoppage was b/s

Judah's ghost.

What is so great about his CV? People actually on here give him a chance against Mayweather? Please STFU!

I can't believe how easy he has had it, perfect timing IMO.

He goes to 147 he is history. I think he would probably beat Bradley if I am honest but IMO the light-welter division is ****ry, so much talent but nothing I mean why isn't Joan Guzman fighting? That boy has bags of talent! But his weight issues and inactivity and ridiculous.

Matthysse has been robbed IMO twice, nobody gives a **** about Alexander, Khan won't rematch Maidana, Alvarado I am undecided upon, nobody cares about Peterson though I personally feel his style would give Khan absolute hell. Soto is high risk-low reward. Morales is shot, Holts done & I am not buying his comeback b/s

The divisions bollocks, Khan should go to 147 and get murdered.

Ortiz after Mayweather stuffs him or maybe Aydin, Brook, Berto, Jones, Bailey or Senchenko would be a great start but I see most of them K.O'ing him

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
    Sure the kids improved under Roach & he is maturing nicely but I can't help but think this kid is so damn overrated.

Forget him being dropped by cans & his loss to a Columbian farmer.

Tell me why he is so highly praised when realistically he has beaten nothing but hasbins and midgets.

He beat barrera's ghost, Salita? I mean who the ****? The guy was like 30-0 & barely top 100 lol
    Then who was there? The feather fisted Paulie Malignaggi, Paulies a very good boxer but has no power what so ever but still he out-boxed Paulie and did a great job, so I have to give him credit there.

Then we have Maidana, tough as ****, power is very overrated and he is 1-D, gave Khan hell in there in a great fight which realistically Khan was meant to win with ease (Maidana was a 5-1 underdog)

McCloskey, not exactly bad, tricky southpaw with a little bit of pop, though Khan won every round he looked sloppy as hell doing so and the stoppage was b/s

Judah's ghost.

What is so great about his CV? People actually on here give him a chance against Mayweather? Please STFU!

I can't believe how easy he has had it, perfect timing IMO.

He goes to 147 he is history. I think he would probably beat Bradley if I am honest but IMO the light-welter division is ****ry, so much talent but nothing I mean why isn't Joan Guzman fighting? That boy has bags of talent! But his weight issues and inactivity and ridiculous.

Matthysse has been robbed IMO twice, nobody gives a **** about Alexander, Khan won't rematch Maidana, Alvarado I am undecided upon, nobody cares about Peterson though I personally feel his style would give Khan absolute hell. Soto is high risk-low reward. Morales is shot, Holts done & I am not buying his comeback b/s

The divisions bollocks, Khan should go to 147 and get murdered.

Ortiz after Mayweather stuffs him or maybe Aydin, Brook, Berto, Jones, Bailey or Senchenko would be a great start but I see most of them K.O'ing him

only *******s....... Khan dont have a chance just like that filipino guy but khan have a nice jab so he mayebe win 2 rounds of 12 LOL....

Comment

I think so. He's got a lot of potential.

He's amazingly athletic
      He's fundamentally sound
      He's a good talker (can be both the nice likeable guy eg De La Hoya, or he can bait his opponents with arrogant trash talk eg Carl Froch)
      (no ****) he's apparently hansom, so says a few girls I know
      He also has a large fanbase, which brings lots of energy to his fights which can make even the most boring fights fun to watch
      And he's got a lot of competition that he's so far more than willing to fight. He doesn't appear to be a money hungry drama queen

Not only CAN he be the next big thing for boxing. But he SHOULD be.

Comment

I see your points bro but can you please tell me another 24 year old with a resume as good as his or better?

Comment

I was critical of him in the past but he has beaten some good fighter in the last 2 years and he has a lot of potential to get better under Roach.

It will be interesting to see how he does at 147 next year, I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Khan is an ok fighter but the top guys like Floyd and Pac give him a beatdown

Comment

Haha I agree. I guess we have to wait to see how Pac looks against Marquez & Floyd looks against Ortiz but I really don't see what everybody else does in Pac, sure he is a decent fighter, in fact very very good but Mayweather is something else & IMO I genuinely think his style (though he can adapt to any at will) is all so wrong for Pac.

But I guess there will be excuses if it happens & Floyd will still get called a coward and then they will be some **** like ''he should fight Sergio'' or some other ****er.

I guess it just shocks me how many people hate of Floyd & tbh it's jealousy. I'd love to see him fight Pac but I think he has done enough to deserve a lot more respect than he gets. Anybody with a pair of functioning eyes & half a brain can see he is something magnificent but no they hate ''he is boring'' blah blah blah, clearly don't appreciate the true art/skills involved in boxing.

Watching Floyd is like poetry in motion, sorry I have had a drink & waffling now

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                I was critical of him in the past but he has beaten some good fighter in the last 2 years and he has a lot of potential to get better under Roach.

It will be interesting to see how he does at 147 next year, I'm looking forward to it.
                I have always said khan's main challenge will come at 147 and not 140. should be good to see how he does

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                  I see your points bro but can you please tell me another 24 year old with a resume as good as his or better?
                  Good point! Adrian Broner has a very good C.V! Saul Alvarez has just turned 21, people forget how young that kid is. Rios is only 25/26? Andre Ward isn't much older. Trout is 24 I think

Comment

prime khan beats Pac and Mayweather IMO......

Comment

Working...
                    X