No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Bernard Hopkins, Joe Calzaghe Vegas Reunion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I understand this was not directed at me but I feel a need to reply. I don't see many posters on this thread that are real Bhop haters, I should speak for myself, I'm not a Bhop hater. I understand that Bhop was and still is a great fighter and his legacy is much better than Joe's simply because he fought the better fighters. But, at the end of the day Joe still beat him and there is nothing that anyone can do to change that fact.
    cool ....one of the biggest myths on here is that the B.Hop fans have a problem accepting that "L"....truth be told...WE'RE OVER THAT!!!!......us B.Hop fans are still soaking up the Pavlik and Pascal wins....and preparing for Sad...I mean Chad Dawson....Calzaghe is far from public enemy #1 in our world.....but in the Calzaghe world....B-Hop is too relevant for dudes....Joe's GREATEST win was SD over a 40 plus yr old....the B.Hop fans have no beef or problem with Joe...we wish him well in his life after the sport....we LOL'd at his coke habbit...but that was it

I think the Joe fans want us to say....JOE WON THE FIGHT....ok Joe won the fight...we don't have to say that because all you have to do is go on boxrec and see for self....they(Joe fans) want us to agree with the judges.....we don't....but we ACCEPT the decision....got that?!?...we ACCEPT it!!...don't get mad and call us something we're not because we didn't AGREE with the decision....that seems to be the misunderstanding around here imo

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
      cool ....one of the biggest myths on here is that the B.Hop fans have a problem accepting that "L"....truth be told...WE'RE OVER THAT!!!!......us B.Hop fans are still soaking up the Pavlik and Pascal wins....and preparing for Sad...I mean Chad Dawson....Calzaghe is far from public enemy #1 in our world.....but in the Calzaghe world....B-Hop is too relevant for dudes....Joe's GREATEST win was SD over a 40 plus yr old....the B.Hop fans have no beef or problem with Joe...we wish him well in his life after the sport....we LOL'd at his coke habbit...but that was it

I think the Joe fans want us to say....JOE WON THE FIGHT....ok Joe won the fight...we don't have to say that because all you have to do is go on boxrec and see for self....they(Joe fans) want us to agree with the judges.....we don't....but we ACCEPT the decision....got that?!?...we ACCEPT it!!...don't get mad and call us something we're not because we didn't AGREE with the decision....that seems to be the misunderstanding around here imo
      if you don't agree with the official decision you are an idiot! williams beat lara look at boxrec! whitaker and chavez fought to a draw look at boxrec! proof! anyone who uses the official decision to try and prove a point is not much of a boxing fan. well calzaghe must have won because the officials said so. compelling argument indeed. why not use the rules of boxing to try and prove calzaghe won instead of the word of a bunch of corrupt officials with an agenda?

did he land more punches than hopkins in most of the rounds? no he's clearly outlanded in at least 7 of the rounds. did he land the more effective punches? no it's obvious hopkins landed all the hard clean shots. did he have the better defense? no. was he effectively aggressive? no he couldn't corner hopkins effectively and hit nothing but air most of the time. hopkins picked his spots to attack and was effective without taking any punishment in return. aka boxing.

oh but wait i forgot scoring criteria number 5. hopkins took advantage of a low blow. he auto loses 10 rounds for that. go back and retroactively change your scorecards folks because hopkins is not acting like a warrior. the funny thing is calzaghe fought the same exact way hopkins fought against bika but these so called "fans" aren't consistent at all. if you think hopkins lost because of holding and spoiling surely calzaghe lost against bika right? bika actually landed a lot more than calzaghe landed against hopkins though.
      Last edited by daggum; 07-27-2011, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
        this is boxing. the most corrupt sport in the world. how many times has the a- side fighter won a fight he didn't deserve? it happens all the time. it's actually rare that it doesn't happen. hbo was big on calzaghe at that time and already had jones-calzaghe on hbo ppv all setup. hopkins was a boring fighter they wanted to get rid of. of course they were rooting for joe and you can clearly see that with the biased commentary. the crowd was also 99 percent pro calzaghe thus negating hopkins so called hometown advantage that you think he had. i'm not saying they paid off the judges or anything but all those factors obviously influenced the judges into favoring calzaghe. look how they gave him rounds like 2, 3, and 10. an unbiased judge would never give those rounds to calzaghe.
        Your conspiracy theory still has some huge holes in it. First off Hopkins had fought in Vegas at least twelve times to include his two loses to Taylor. I have to ask how many times has Joe fought in Vegas or even the USA? And I may be wrong but if Hopkins had any issues with Vegas I am sure he had enough say so that the fight could have been held at another location.

As far as HBO trying to unload Hopkins. Well, if that was the case why have they been involved with three of the five fights he has had had since the Calzaghe fight? And biased commentary? As far as I am concerned they saw what I saw to include Manny Stewart who stated that he would have to say Calzaghe won. Is Manny that crooked?

And far as the A fighter winning when they don't deserve you are right it happens. And the Williams-Lara fight was a prime example. And if HBO announcers are so biased for HBO fighters. Why didn't they claim that Williams won as they did Calzaghe? I will tell you why because you can't compare the two as you tried to do earlier. Simply because Lara out landed Williams just as Calzaghe out landed Hopkins and won the fight. End of discussion.

In closing I have heard that therapy works wonders for people with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Or you could just continually repeat to yourself it is only a game, it is only a game and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Comment

if you don't agree with the official decision you are an idiot! williams beat lara look at boxrec! whitaker and chavez fought to a draw look at boxrec! proof! anyone who uses the official decision to try and prove a point is not much of a boxing fan. well calzaghe must have won because the officials said so. compelling argument indeed. why not use the rules of boxing to try and prove calzaghe won instead of the word of a bunch of corrupt officials with an agenda?

did he land more punches than hopkins in most of the rounds? no he's clearly outlanded in at least 7 of the rounds. did he land the more effective punches? no it's obvious hopkins landed all the hard clean shots. did he have the better defense? no. was he effectively aggressive? no he couldn't corner hopkins effectively and hit nothing but air most of the time. hopkins picked his spots to attack and was effective without taking any punishment in return. aka boxing.

oh but wait i forgot scoring criteria number 5. hopkins took advantage of a low blow. he auto loses 10 rounds for that. go back and retroactively change your scorecards folks because hopkins is not acting like a warrior. the funny thing is calzaghe fought the same exact way hopkins fought against bika but these so called "fans" aren't consistent at all. if you think hopkins lost because of holding and spoiling surely calzaghe lost against bika right? bika actually landed a lot more than calzaghe landed against hopkins though.
          One of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

Comment

Your conspiracy theory still has some huge holes in it. First off Hopkins had fought in Vegas at least twelve times to include his two loses to Taylor. I have to ask how many times has Joe fought in Vegas or even the USA? And I may be wrong but if Hopkins had any issues with Vegas I am sure he had enough say so that the fight could have been held at another location.

As far as HBO trying to unload Hopkins. Well, if that was the case why have they been involved with three of the five fights he has had had since the Calzaghe fight? And biased commentary? As far as I am concerned they saw what I saw to include Manny Stewart who stated that he would have to say Calzaghe won. Is Manny that crooked?

And far as the A fighter winning when they don't deserve you are right it happens. And the Williams-Lara fight was a prime example. And if HBO announcers are so biased for HBO fighters. Why didn't they claim that Williams won as they did Calzaghe? I will tell you why because you can't compare the two as you tried to do earlier. Simply because Lara out landed Williams just as Calzaghe out landed Hopkins and won the fight. End of discussion.

In closing I have heard that therapy works wonders for people with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Or you could just continually repeat to yourself it is only a game, it is only a game and shouldn't be taken so seriously.
            Very good post. I had it scored about 116-112 Joe. Much like the respected Harold Ledderman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
              Very good post. I had it scored about 116-112 Joe. Much like the respected Harold Ledderman.
              [b]

Harold Ledderman had Floyd down after 12 rounds, yet in the end this was not the case and the second fight validates who was actually the better fighter. Unlike Pac vs JMM I or II.... just saying.

Btw, I had Mayweather out boxing Castillo by a mile in the first round. Floyd clearly out boxed Jose in each of the first five rounds, landing numerous jabs and hooks, and drawing blood from Castillo's nose. Not to mention the KD Floyd didn't get credit for or Castillio boxing dirty and should have been deducted more points. Floyd won a close fight and like I said completely dominated the second fight with ease to validate who was the better fighter.... Using Ledderman's card to justify your score card is not the way to go.

Comment

so you both saw calzaghe landing 220 punches on hopkins even though he was hitting thin air? unfortunately reality saw different. this is why you shouldn't pretend like you know how to score boxing matches. coming forward and missing a lot isn't in the rules. yeah i can make up my own silly rules to prove any guy won depending on the fight but that would be ******ed. that's why there's a standard set of rules to go by so judges don't take things into their own hands. obviously these rules have been ignored and perveted to death. a lot of fans think coming forward and work rate is a scoring criteria. it's so sad. oh well. what do you expect from people who pay 60 dollars to see mayweather fight a tomato can?
                Last edited by daggum; 07-31-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

so you both saw calzaghe landing 220 punches on hopkins even though he was hitting thin air? unfortunately reality saw different. this is why you shouldn't pretend like you know how to score boxing matches. coming forward and missing a lot isn't in the rules. yeah i can make up my own silly rules to prove any guy won depending on the fight but that would be ******ed. that's why there's a standard set of rules to go by so judges don't take things into their own hands. obviously these rules have been ignored and perveted to death. a lot of fans think coming forward and work rate is a scoring criteria. it's so sad. oh well. what do you expect from people who pay 60 dollars to see mayweather fight a tomato can?
                  I was not going to waste my time replying again. But what the hell. You are like a parrot. You never answer anything and just keep repeating the same crap over and over and over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                  X