Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Bernard Hopkins, Joe Calzaghe Vegas Reunion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm glad calzaghe's 8 week boat journey arrived on time for the khan-judah fight or wait i forgot he cured his fear of flying finally when hopkins and jones were in their 40's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      Kessler, Lacy, Mitchell, Brewer, Woodhall, Reid, Eubanks, Hopkins and Jones. And all nine of them were ranked in the top ten by Ring ****zine when Joe fought them. And you question Joe's career and yet you use Ottke as an example? This is all that needs to be said about Ottke, and this is not even my opinion; "Although Ottke retired undefeated, the legitimacy of his record will always be in question due to multiple controversial decisions he received in his home country of Germany. These include wins over Mads Larsen, Robin Reid, Byron Mitchell and Charles Brewer."

As far as Ward and the rest of the new fighters. Ward is like 13 years younger than Joe and was not even on the radar. And Joe beat the best in the division at the time and unified the division and collected all the belts and than moved up in weight. And that is what happens in the sport, and it is not like he moved up and fought a scrub. He moved up and beat one of the best fighters that I have seen in my lifetime.

And as far as Joe losing to Hopkins I just watched the fight again and guess what? I know this is going to hurt but Joe won again!! And trying to compare the Hopkins-Calzaghe fight with the Lara-Williams fight is well ridiculous for several reasons.

For one Hopkins wasn't landing the kind of punches on Joe that Lara was on Williams and he wasn't landing as many. Nor did Williams ever hurt Lara like Joe hurt Bhop. And that is why Bernard took a dive because he was hurt and had to fake the low blows. Nor did Williams ever control the tempo of the fight after the 4th round. What I am saying is Williams was winging his punches but he never stopped Lara from doing what he wanted to do. Where as Joe took Hopkins out of his game plan and he was holding because of it.
      And I scored the fight 8-4 in rounds and that is pretty much the same way two of the judges saw it. And as far as me knowing the rules of boxing. I do and it is pretty simple. Joe won 8 out the 12 rounds and therefore rightfully won the fight.

In closing it is obvious I am not going to change your mind, nor do I want to. But, these are the facts Joe beat Hopkins and made it look easy after the 4th round. And in two or three years you are going to be upset again and all these feelings will have to be dealt with again. That is when Calzaghe is invited to the state of New York and inducted in the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
      you complain about ottke getting gift decisions but calzaghe got gift stoppages time and time again. not to mention he lost to reid. they both fought the same amount of top ten rated fighters as well. they are nearly identical in amount of fraudulence.

you say joe beat the best in his division yet he never fought ottke who was rated either 1 or 2 behind calzaghe for the majority of calzaghe's stint at 168. it took him ten years to finally wait and cherry pick a couple overrated fighters then quickly left when a couple legit threats were about to arrive.

and i will say it again hopkins clearly beat calzaghe. calzaghe winging air punches while getting outlanded in most of the rounds does not equal him winning. throwing punches but not being able to land isn't actually a good thing. hopkins clearly won rounds 5, 6, and 10. watch them again. joe was outlanded by a wide margin. why would you give someone a round when they are outlanded by so much? because the other guy tried hard? he couldn't even pin hopkins down. he would get him to the ropes every once in a while and hopkins would make him miss and dart out or counter him along the ropes. why does he get points for sucking? not to mention hopkins punches are much harder and cleaner and he showed the much better defense. only someone biased, confused by crowd noise/announcers or unaware of the rules would give him those rounds.

calzaghe never ever hurt hopkins during the fight. you are just making things up. please find the video of calzaghe hurting hopkins with punches. you won't because it simply doesn't exist. he landed zero punches in the first 30 seconds of round 10 so how could hopkins be hurt? he landed a lowblow and hopkins took time. maybe it wasn't hard but it was low. this is a fact. i will post the video replay of it.

how is this fake? all the other punches you think calzaghe lands are fake but not this one.
      Last edited by daggum; 07-25-2011, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
        Wouldn't you be more satisfied by beating a guy with this so called great legacy?

I would.
        joe won the battle, hop wins the war. indeed calzaghe owns a "w" against hopkins but in the end when comparing legacy, hopkins prevail.

Comment

• joe look like he jumped outta the movie scarface

Comment

• Hopkins copying the Tinie Tempah look.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              you complain about ottke getting gift decisions but calzaghe got gift stoppages time and time again. not to mention he lost to reid. they both fought the same amount of top ten rated fighters as well. they are nearly identical in amount of fraudulence.

you say joe beat the best in his division yet he never fought ottke who was rated either 1 or 2 behind calzaghe for the majority of calzaghe's stint at 168. it took him ten years to finally wait and cherry pick a couple overrated fighters then quickly left when a couple legit threats were about to arrive.

and i will say it again hopkins clearly beat calzaghe. calzaghe winging air punches while getting outlanded in most of the rounds does not equal him winning. throwing punches but not being able to land isn't actually a good thing. hopkins clearly won rounds 5, 6, and 10. watch them again. joe was outlanded by a wide margin. why would you give someone a round when they are outlanded by so much? because the other guy tried hard? he couldn't even pin hopkins down. he would get him to the ropes every once in a while and hopkins would make him miss and dart out or counter him along the ropes. why does he get points for sucking? not to mention hopkins punches are much harder and cleaner and he showed the much better defense. only someone biased, confused by crowd noise/announcers or unaware of the rules would give him those rounds.

calzaghe never ever hurt hopkins during the fight. you are just making things up. please find the video of calzaghe hurting hopkins with punches. you won't because it simply doesn't exist. he landed zero punches in the first 30 seconds of round 10 so how could hopkins be hurt? he landed a lowblow and hopkins took time. maybe it wasn't hard but it was low. this is a fact. i will post the video replay of it.

how is this fake? all the other punches you think calzaghe lands are fake but not this one.
              I never complained about Ottke. I really no little about him other than what I have read about his reputation for getting gift decisions in Germany. Again these were not my words. And I have never read that Joe has received numerous gift decisions. If you can point me to a source that states he did I will willingly read it.

And as far as Joe getting gift stoppages. Well I know for a fact that one of them in the video you showed was very misleading. It was when Joe stopped Veit in the first round. Sure it looked like a bad stoppage because Veit was still on his feet complaining. However, you conveniently left out the part that Veit had already been soundly dropped twice in the first round. So again very misleading and I would bet that some of the others were as well.

And as far as Joe cherry picking what a load of crap. What did he do cherry pick the other belt holders to unify the title? And I remember clearly that many picked both Kessler and Lacy to beat Joe. And what was Joe supposed to do next? He moved up and he beat the top dog at Light HW and beat him easy. And many even picked Jones to beat Joe. What next you going to tell me you thought Roy won? And Joe totally dominated him in 11 of 12 rounds. And sure Jones was getting up there but his problem seemed to be his chin and not his boxing ability. And I guess Joe can predict the future and he knew who the new crop of fighters would be? He simply did what most fighters do after unifying a division he moved up.

And as far as Hopkins beating Joe I just looked at Boxrec and guess what? It still has Joe winning. And you know what? All three judges were American and the fight was in Las Vegas and two experienced American judges scored the fight the way I did and had Joe winning easy. And you can do all the b1tching and complaining you want and even scream from the rooftops that you believe Bernard got screwed. But, it still won't change the reality of the situation that Hopkins lost. And you really should work on getting past that fact. After all even Bernard looks like he has.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                I

Joe is going into the hall of fame because of holding a SMW title for 10 years in his own back yard. Not because of what he did or didn't do at LHW. You should feel lucky that he will even be in the HOF. Im sure Joe does. Btw nobody misses him or his embarrassing style. Again you should feel lucky that they will vote him into the HOF.
                So, the fact that he was a two division champion will have no impact on him going into the Hall of Fame? All the hate you have looks to be clouding your judgment.

Comment

• Legends! Love it

Comment

I never complained about Ottke. I really no little about him other than what I have read about his reputation for getting gift decisions in Germany. Again these were not my words. And I have never read that Joe has received numerous gift decisions. If you can point me to a source that states he did I will willingly read it.

And as far as Joe getting gift stoppages. Well I know for a fact that one of them in the video you showed was very misleading. It was when Joe stopped Veit in the first round. Sure it looked like a bad stoppage because Veit was still on his feet complaining. However, you conveniently left out the part that Veit had already been soundly dropped twice in the first round. So again very misleading and I would bet that some of the others were as well.

And as far as Joe cherry picking what a load of crap. What did he do cherry pick the other belt holders to unify the title? And I remember clearly that many picked both Kessler and Lacy to beat Joe. And what was Joe supposed to do next? He moved up and he beat the top dog at Light HW and beat him easy. And many even picked Jones to beat Joe. What next you going to tell me you thought Roy won? And Joe totally dominated him in 11 of 12 rounds. And sure Jones was getting up there but his problem seemed to be his chin and not his boxing ability. And I guess Joe can predict the future and he knew who the new crop of fighters would be? He simply did what most fighters do after unifying a division he moved up.

And as far as Hopkins beating Joe I just looked at Boxrec and guess what? It still has Joe winning. And you know what? All three judges were American and the fight was in Las Vegas and two experienced American judges scored the fight the way I did and had Joe winning easy. And you can do all the b1tching and complaining you want and even scream from the rooftops that you believe Bernard got screwed. But, it still won't change the reality of the situation that Hopkins lost. And you really should work on getting past that fact. After all even Bernard looks like he has.
                    do you even know how boxing works? hbo was backing calzaghe because jones-calzaghe was a done deal on hbo ppv if calzaghe won. the entire crowd was for calzaghe and obviously influenced the judges. those were the real factors that decided the fight. not that it took place in vegas.

hopkins had no chance of ever getting a fair decision. look at the official scorecards. the judges were giving calzaghe rounds like 2, 3, and 10 when he was completely dominated in them. i'm not sure why you take the word of 3 incompetents they clearly have no idea how to score a fight yet you keep referencing them like they know what they are doing. they have proven to be totally incompetent or corrupt thus the official verdict doesn't mean squat.
                    Last edited by daggum; 07-25-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

So, the fact that he was a two division champion will have no impact on him going into the Hall of Fame? All the hate you have looks to be clouding your judgment.
                      He is known for holding a SMW title for 10 years and then fighting 2 old men at LHW.

Hate would be saying he's just a washed up coke head like Ricky Hatton was after Floyd Mayweather destroyed him and his dignity as a fighter. Which resulted to him firing his entire team.

Comment

Working...
                      X