No announcement yet.

Pacquiao more accurate puncher than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
    I'm saying Mayweather, and by some margin.

Accuracy is more than just statistics, it's the overall control of a punch and being able to guide it to a target. Mayweather seems to have one of those red laser beams that they on guns in his fists because his punches go right to their targets.

Mayweather's accuracy is also due to the fact that he doesn't really commit to his punches, whereas Pacquiao seems to be looking for the homerun with each shot.

The statistics say Pacquiao.

And it is Pacquiao in reality. If you look where Pacquiao punches land it on the sweet spots, **** on the chin, just around the ribs. When Mayweather lands it on the more general zone the face rather than the chin.

Mayweather is a counter puncher, so he throws when his opponent is open give him a lot bigger target, Pacquiao punches through guards and little gaps in the defence so his punches have to be more precise.

And has anyone got an excuse why compubox have a separate category for jabs?

Comment

• Comment

• the most ******ed ******* thread ever. next theyll say pac walked on the moon first.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          The statistics say Pacquiao.

And it is Pacquiao in reality. If you look where Pacquiao punches land it on the sweet spots, **** on the chin, just around the ribs. When Mayweather lands it on the more general zone the face rather than the chin.

Mayweather is a counter puncher, so he throws when his opponent is open give him a lot bigger target, Pacquiao punches through guards and little gaps in the defence so his punches have to be more precise.

And has anyone got an excuse why compubox have a separate category for jabs?
          The statistics say pacquiao love **********s....

Comment

I see you still don't understand.

And you choose to ignore simple questions.

As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't teach it what accuracy means and why compubox jab figures can mislead.
            I see no answer to my question. (no counter facts provided either)

Again: So far you've established Pacquiao has a poor jab, so does this increase or decrease his accuracy?

Fact: Floyd has a higher total connect percentage and is therefore more accurate than Pacquiao (see Boxing Tiger's posts in this thread)
            Last edited by Vadrigar.; 12-15-2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Greatest thread of all time

Comment

• Totally agree Pacquiao's more accurate puncher than Mayweather. Pacquiao can throw 6-8 punch combos and land each of them to its desired target.

Comment

Jabs don't count because Pacquiao used the jab to set up other punches, they are meant to hit the guard, either to blind the opponen't or to set a trap.

Compubox will say it was a miss but in reality the punch did exactly what it was meant to do.
                  But Floyd doesn't use his jab in this manner so why don't you count jabs + power punches for Floyd vs only power punches for Manny? That comparison would be more appropriate.

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Why do you think they have a separate column for jabs in the compubox stats category?
                  They also show the total punches category first as it's the most important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    But Floyd doesn't use his jab in this manner so why don't you count jabs + power punches for Floyd vs only power punches for Manny? That comparison would be more appropriate.

They also show the total punches category first as it's the most important.

If I did Pacquiao would be more accurate by a bigger margin.

Comment

If I did Pacquiao would be more accurate by a bigger margin.
                      Last edited by skillswin; 08-06-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X