No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    And with that said we still dominate Olympic play and mainly any other international competition. What sports are you talking about that only Americans play? You mean like Hockey, where many Scandinavian countries, Canada, and Eastern European countries play? What about Basketball, arguably the second most global sport? Or what about that thing called Baseball that is wildly popular in Central America and Asian nations like Japan and Korea? What sports are you talking about or is it your ignorance speaking?
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise the Asians played in your baseball "world series"....

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
      "It's not a sport unless we are world champs". I think thats how they see it lol.

So when a sport they have dominated for decades then introduces competitors from a nation that can compete in term off size (Russia and the other ex soviet eastern block countries) and they start wiping the floor with the yanks, what do they do?

They ****in spit the dummy out.

It's pathetic. The thing is, when you confront them with this, don't see it, they can't understand how others perceive their attitude. They have no self humility whatsoever. The word humble is not is the U.S. dictionary....

I speak from personal experience also. I have a full 3 generations of my family that live in the states... I see the differences when they come to visit. For example the 1st thing out of my cousins mouth upon visiting Scotland for the 1st time was " oh my god, your houses are so small and you all drive rice rockets(referring to our smaller european cars as to their SUV they all drive cause they are fat ****s)" yeh let me guess, your houses and your cars are "bigger & better"....**** off you c*nts.
      Yeah are houses and cars are bigger and better than your dilapidated, 1800s built home. You sound very jealous and very bitter of Americans and what's worse is you're basing it off the family you're supposed to love! You have major problems. Yes, Americans drive SUVs because they're fat but isn't the United Kingdom and its respective parts only a whopping 5% behind American in obesity? Oh ****, I think I let the cat out of the bag!

Comment

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise the Asians played in your baseball "world series"....
        No, you didn't realize that the best players from Japan do play in the world series. I'm glad I could teach you something. So which sports do Americans only play against Americans again? Oh you mean the NFL. Thanks for cleaning that up. I forgot that the NFL is the only sport played in our nation. Way to twist anything to try to favor your arguments and try to make Americans look bad. We're all fat, we all can't compete against the rest of the world because with being fat you're also lazy. Oh and we lost our competitive nature because we are spoiled from our last generation. Rightttttt that's us. You got it all figured out.

and then you do some research and learn that it is all hypocrisy at its greatest level. That Americans still do very well in international sports. That your nation isn't too far behind Americas obesity levels. That America is still the worlds greatest pillar in all things that matter.

Comment

foreman was the clumsiest heavy weight in the history of boxing

wlad would ko him at least

Comment

Yeah are houses and cars are bigger and better than your dilapidated, 1800s built home. You sound very jealous and very bitter of Americans and what's worse is you're basing it off the family you're supposed to love! You have major problems. Yes, Americans drive SUVs because they're fat but isn't the United Kingdom and its respective parts only a whopping 5% behind American in obesity? Oh ****, I think I let the cat out of the bag!
            Just spotted you have responded.To be called ignorant by an American in your previous post.....holy ****, you made me laugh.

You mentiod our 'wee' houses from the 1800's, it's not our fault your history is so short that your idea of an historic home is a 1960 trailer!

You seem to want to talk social issues and politics? Where do you want to start my friend? in fact lets start with your ability to construct a sentence...

"are cars & houses are bigger & better than your home" with English like that it's no wonder your people voted Bush in for a 2nd term.

In fact with English like you could get a job with Fox News.

I do love my family, but I'm also very aware of their different social background that tends to mean they act differently to the rest of my family and like I said when you point it to them they can't see it, they don't understand. If someone talks **** regardless of being family I will speak up my friend, nothing to do with love, thats maybe something else that you's don't grasp.

The rest of the world sees it though. Americans lack certain skills, being humble and gracious are to name a few but you cant tell you that cause your bigger and better so you must know better of course... this is why you have Atlas and Foreman to name a few trying to give all the reasons in the world why Americans can't compete at heavyweight but at the same time giving no credit to those who do sit top, its disrespectful and ignorant(you know that word you used to describe me)....

Apologies for going off topic a bit

Comment

No, you didn't realize that the best players from Japan do play in the world series. I'm glad I could teach you something. So which sports do Americans only play against Americans again? Oh you mean the NFL. Thanks for cleaning that up. I forgot that the NFL is the only sport played in our nation. Way to twist anything to try to favor your arguments and try to make Americans look bad. We're all fat, we all can't compete against the rest of the world because with being fat you're also lazy. Oh and we lost our competitive nature because we are spoiled from our last generation. Rightttttt that's us. You got it all figured out.

and then you do some research and learn that it is all hypocrisy at its greatest level. That Americans still do very well in international sports. That your nation isn't too far behind Americas obesty levels. That America is still the worlds greatest pillar in all things that matter.
              You are a little below my intelligence levels I swear... So because one of your baseball teams may have some foreign players, and they win the world series, full of just Amerian teams, they should be called world champions right? I think you've missed my point sir and it was not about bashing your sports! It was more to do with your mentality.

I'll let you in on a little secret. I LOVE American sports. LOVE THEM. I drive nearly a 900 mile trip to go from my home to London to watch the NFL Wembley game every year.I'm currently sitting with a signed LT chargers top on. (albeit old). I have a collection of ice hocky cards that equates to overs 3000 upperdeck cards from 1988-1995 including signed cards and pucks from the likes of Wayne Gretzky, Rob Blake, Luc Robitaille, Marti McSoreley, Chris Chelios and Mark Messier so It's not about bashing your sports!

The point I was making, that you clearly missed was: the fact that you can have winners of a competition that only involves American TEAMS and call them WORLD CHAMPS says alot for the American psyche and attitude towards sport.

Now would you like to debate this or are you unsure what that word beginning with p means or even how it is said? It has 2 syllables if your unsure. Don't call me ignorant again as I will just prove you wrong! I'm probably more aware of your history as a nation than you are!

Comment

i think foreman has a point. Historically, Wlad will have a tough time overcoming those terrible tko losses to poor opposition.

In addition, he has never been in an exciting fight. He is a good boxer and solid fighter, but even most defensive minded guys have been in some great fights, Floyd has been in some extremely entertain bouts, Whitaker was in some barn burners, etc...

Wlad just doesn't have it.

Comment

You are a little below my intelligence levels I swear... So because one of your baseball teams may have some foreign players, and they win the world series, full of just Amerian teams, they should be called world champions right? I think you've missed my point sir and it was not about bashing your sports! It was more to do with your mentality.

I'll let you in on a little secret. I LOVE American sports. LOVE THEM. I drive nearly a 900 mile trip to go from my home to London to watch the NFL Wembley game every year.I'm currently sitting with a signed LT chargers top on. (albeit old). I have a collection of ice hocky cards that equates to overs 3000 upperdeck cards from 1988-1995 including signed cards and pucks from the likes of Wayne Gretzky, Rob Blake, Luc Robitaille, Marti McSoreley, Chris Chelios and Mark Messier so It's not about bashing your sports!

The point I was making, that you clearly missed was: the fact that you can have winners of a competition that only involves American TEAMS and call them WORLD CHAMPS says alot for the American psyche and attitude towards sport.

Now would you like to debate this or are you unsure what that word beginning with p means or even how it is said? It has 2 syllables if your unsure. Don't call me ignorant again as I will just prove you wrong! I'm probably more aware of your history as a nation than you are!
                  So, you're pissed because we have the mindset of being number one? Every nation is like that(at least america has the history to gloat about it). Look at this site for example and all the nationalistic posters here. People get **** on this site because they support American fighters but nearly every poster on this site does the same thing. Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Eastern Europeans are just as strong if not stronger nationalistic than Americans. Don't be blind, it's like that throughout the world.

Comment

Originally posted by emart05 View Post
                    WOW, Foreman really let Wlad have it!!!

"Well, he’s a defensive fighter. It doesn’t matter if his opponent is big or small, he will never take any chances. He’ll probably go down as one of the most reluctant Heavyweight Champions ever. Floyd Patterson wasn’t that big, but at least he took a chance and stood in front of Sonny Liston. So he’s not going to go down as the bravest guy. The reason why he’s reluctant is because he has a weak chin. He’s always trying to protect that chin, but he’s not going to leave much of a legacy."

Continue reading on Examiner.com George Foreman: Wladimir will not leave much of a legacy in boxing - Houston Boxing | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-ho...#ixzz1S9HYQxo9
                    I like George but common sense tells us that if we have a weakness, you should not expose it. I don't think Wlad's chin is all that bad but why stand in and get hit on it? It's called the sweet science. It's about hitting without being hit and Wlad is 2x better at it than Foreman ever was.

I think it's funny that the champs of old are coming out of the woodwork now that it's clear that Wlad is sealing his place in history.

I absolutely love it.

Comment

Foreman gives the opinion of most American fight fans, an opinion I can respect but not necessarily agree with. As someone said earlier I think as time goes on people are not going to look at how Klit's fights were won so much as they were won and mostly won by knockout. Ten defenses of his title and more to come plus the five successful defenses in his first reign is definitely something great.

Comment

Working...
                      X