Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think George was quoted not long ago as saying the K-Bros were great heavyweights. He says different things to different people. I wouldn't get too excited about it.

Comment

i think Foreman is just bitter at how they closed the door on him when he went to greet Klitchko before the fight lol they left him hangin for a minute..

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
        Foreman is clueless based on this statement.
        He is clueless AND worthless.

He would deliver contstant nobrainers like "you gotta do what you gotta do" or "the secret is pressure".

He is one of the worst commentators.

Comment

Whats with the old bitter old americans, living in the past, ffs. Just accept that you's can't dominate every ****in sport use participate in.

Im sure thats why you's don't hold football, sorry soccer in high regard, cause you's know you'd get wooped by your hispanic friends south of california and that would be no fun!

It's also the reason you's have sports that only americans particpate in but the winners are world champions....lmfao

Your "we are the biggest and best mentality" that you've had since WW2 when you think you's saved the world (when in fact it was the russians really) still infests the american psyche, it's *****n hilarious when your proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
            Whats with the old bitter old americans, living in the past, ffs. Just accept that you's can't dominate every ****in sport use participate in.

Im sure thats why you's don't hold football, sorry soccer in high regard, cause you's know you'd get wooped by your hispanic friends south of california and that would be no fun!

It's also the reason you's have sports that only americans particpate in but the winners are world champions....lmfao

Your "we are the biggest and best mentality" that you've had since WW2 when you think you's saved the world (when in fact it was the russians really) still infests the american psyche, it's *****n hilarious when your proven wrong.
            Ha, you hit the nail of the head. The typical american mentality towards sports is "if we aren't the best at it, ignore it".

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
              Ha, you hit the nail of the head. The typical american mentality towards sports is "if we aren't the best at it, ignore it".
              That is some ignorant **** that guy just said. I won't even dive into it. How is Foreman saying anything that isn't true? Wlad is cautious, only a true idiot would say he isn't. He fights behind his jab, and is very rarely going to trade shots with his opponent. Yes, he is a smart fighter, almost a surgeon type fighter, picking his opponent apart but that simply isn't exciting and isn't going to leave you in any memorable fights. All the legends in the heavyweight division have highlight moments. Whether it be Ali/Frazier, Ali/Foreman, Lewis/Tyson etc etc we remember them for the big fights that they laid it all out there. Wlad has done no such thing in his career.

On top of all that it doesn't help that we can never say for certain that he was the best heavyweight. Myself personally, I rank Vitali higher than Wlad and that goes back to what I said about memorable moments and big fights. Vitalis performance against Lewis is greater than any fight Wlad has been in, despite losing.

Wlads a good fighter but he certainly won't be remembered as a great one. Which is saying a lot because he has been a force over the last decade.
              Last edited by Check; 07-16-2011, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Cant know him just cos hes defensive. At least hes stopped himself getting knocked out again, which must be seen as a success.

FLoyd only cares about defense and he might have a decent jaw as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post

And with that said we still dominate Olympic play and mainly any other international competition. What sports are you talking about that only Americans play? You mean like Hockey, where many Scandinavian countries, Canada, and Eastern European countries play? What about Basketball, arguably the second most global sport? Or what about that thing called Baseball that is wildly popular in Central America and Asian nations like Japan and Korea? What sports are you talking about or is it your ignorance speaking?

Comment

So Sugar Ray Robinson will never be remembered?... all I read is blah blah blah George is jelous.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                      "It's not a sport unless we are world champs". I think thats how they see it lol.

So when a sport they have dominated for decades then introduces competitors from a nation that can compete in term off size (Russia and the other ex soviet eastern block countries) and they start wiping the floor with the yanks, what do they do?

They ****in spit the dummy out.

It's pathetic. The thing is, when you confront them with this, don't see it, they can't understand how others perceive their attitude. They have no self humility whatsoever. The word humble is not is the U.S. dictionary....

I speak from personal experience also. I have a full 3 generations of my family that live in the states... I see the differences when they come to visit. For example the 1st thing out of my cousins mouth upon visiting Scotland for the 1st time was " oh my god, your houses are so small and you all drive rice rockets(referring to our smaller european cars as to their SUV they all drive cause they are fat ****s)" yeh let me guess, your houses and your cars are "bigger & better"....**** off you c*nts.

Comment

Working...
                      X