No announcement yet.

WADA makes the rules....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    One key that you pigeons are overlooking- USADA/WADA/IOC have no jurisdiction or authority over professional boxing. So the fact that USADA even works for Floyd in his fights is a violation of US Congressional edicts (USADA only has authority over Olympics, Paralympics, and Pan American Games) and the IOC's own charter.

You keep copying and pasting the rules, regulations, etc of WADA or USADA... now show me where it says either has the authority to oversee Professional Boxing matches. All Arum is saying is- we'll do random, unlimited drug testing but it should be through a governing body that has actual authority over the fight like oh I don't know... the Nevada commission. This would be done with WADA oversight so it would be in league with their International anti-doping code.

I did this before and I didn't get an answer. I simplified the whole thing for the airheads having a hard time grasping a basic question:

Scenario 1: USADA conducts testing for a Professional Boxing Match.
    Scenario 2: NSAC conducts testing for a Professional Boxing Match (With WADA/IOC oversight)

Question 1: What happens if a fighter in Scenario 1 refuses drug testing?
    Question 2: Whatt happens if a fighter in Scenario 1 fails a drug test?

Once you answer those questions, replace Scenario 1 with Scenario 2 and answer them again.

Then tell me which scenario makes more sense or is more effective.
    The Nevada Athletic Commission allowed expanded drug testing as a contractual negotiating point for tonight’s Floyd Mayweather-Shane Mosley fight

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...hletic_co.html

which fits directly with what USADA says below nephew

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is available to conduct its gold standard testing program on athletes who are training, competing or living in the United States. This testing is conducted under agreements with the relevant testing authority, which typically includes National Governing Bodies, International Federations, other National Anti-Doping Agencies, National Olympic Committees and the World Anti-Doping Agency. USADA testing complies with the World Anti-Doping (WADA) Code which works in conjunction with the International Standard for Testing.

Comment

One key that you pigeons are overlooking- USADA/WADA/IOC have no jurisdiction or authority over professional boxing. So the fact that USADA even works for Floyd in his fights is a violation of US Congressional edicts (USADA only has authority over Olympics, Paralympics, and Pan American Games) and the IOC's own charter.

You keep copying and pasting the rules, regulations, etc of WADA or USADA... now show me where it says either has the authority to oversee Professional Boxing matches. e.
      first page:

National Anti-Doping Organizations (NADOs) are responsible for testing national athletes in- and out-of- competition, as well as athletes from other countries competing within that nation’s borders; adjudicating anti-doping rules violations; and anti-doping education.

boxing doesn't have it's own anti doping organization so they would have to use a national body for that. what else is there?

Comment

Originally posted by J-A-D-AKISS View Post
        The Nevada Athletic Commission allowed expanded drug testing as a contractual negotiating point for tonight’s Floyd Mayweather-Shane Mosley fight

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is available to conduct its gold standard testing program on athletes who are training, competing or living in the United States. This testing is conducted under agreements with the relevant testing authority, which typically includes National Governing Bodies, International Federations, other National Anti-Doping Agencies, National Olympic Committees and the World Anti-Doping Agency. USADA testing complies with the World Anti-Doping (WADA) Code which works in conjunction with the International Standard for Testing.

Comment

Originally posted by J-A-D-AKISS View Post
          look at you, nephew.

funny how you scream and call about manny agreeing to this and that, but NOW USADA is in violation for even doing the testing?

you guys are terrible, nephew.

there is no other explanation for it

completely throwed.
          But uncle, you didn't ****ing answer the question

and NOW as always, I've always maintained that it was ridiculous that one fighter tries to play commissioner and dictate testing protocol when that should clearly be in the hands of the commission, and the commission alone. I've always maintained that testing standards should be UNIVERSAL and ****GENEOUS across the board, not just the right of fighters who can afford it and decide to make **** up as they go along.

But since I know you and your fellow dunces can't even understand a simplified question, I'll take it one step further- I'll give you the answers to the test

Question 1: What happens if a fighter refuses USADA testing?

Answer: Nothing.

Example: Pacquiao refused USADA/FMBA (Floyd Mayweather Boxing Association) testing and what happened? Was he suspended, get his license revoked, banned, paid a fine? Nope, he went on to make $100 million fighting Clottey, Margarito, Mosley and racked up a ton of endorsements.

Question 1 (Scenario 2): What happens if a fighter refuses NSAC testing?

Answer: Let's ask the head of NSAC himself...

"If you don't do it, that can be used against you," Kizer said. "You're going to have to explain why and if you have no explanation, you'll be denied a license for failing to comply."

Question 2: What happens if a fighter fails a USADA/FMBA test?

Answer: Nothing

USADA does not have the ability or authority to reprimand professional fighters. The only repercussion would maybe be cancellation of a fight and the results being made public, but that wouldn't stop the fighter who failed from fighting other opponents.

Question 2 (Scenario 2): What happens if a fighter fails a NSAC test?

Answer: Let's ask commissioner Pat Lundvall...

"My thought process is that it looks like the past three (hearings) that we've done, we've ranged between eight and nine months for the suspension," Lundvall said. "That's something that moving forward at this point in time, I'd like to give serious consideration to future suspensions being 12 months and the penalty would be up to 50 percent."

Conclusion: If a fighter refuses USADA/FMBA tests, nothing happens and they're free to do as they please and make as much money as they can. If a fighter fails a USADA/FMBA test, nothing happens beyond that particular fight being cancelled.

On the flip side, if a fighter refuses to be tested by NSAC they will have their license revoked and won't be able to fight in the state and probably any other state. If a fighter fails a test, they face a year long suspension and losing half their purse (This was just for diuretics btw, with the new random testing protocols the commission is looking to impose stiffer penalties.).

In addition, if WADA and NSAC team up that would go a long way towards making OST mandatory for ALL fighters with ACTUAL WADA protocol like out of competition testing (which NSAC just reinstituted).

So what's the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
            first page:

National Anti-Doping Organizations (NADOs) are responsible for testing national athletes in- and out-of- competition, as well as athletes from other countries competing within that nation’s borders; adjudicating anti-doping rules violations; and anti-doping education.

boxing doesn't have it's own anti doping organization so they would have to use a national body for that. what else is there?
            The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), founded in 2000, is the national anti-doping organization (NADO) in the United States. The U.S. Congress has recognized USADA as "the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sport in the United States."[1]

What else is there? Show me where USADA has jurisdiction in PROFESSIONAL BOXING.

There is no National Governing Body for Pro Boxing (Should be though) and isn't run by an International federation or national olympic committee aka USADA has no authority.

That sentence basically sums up what anyone with sense knows- Pro Boxing doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of USADA.

What am I missing here?

Comment

Originally posted by theprince View Post
              but uncle, you didn't ****ing answer the question

A

question 1: what happens if a fighter refuses usada testing?

Answer: No fight with floyd

question 2: what happens if a fighter fails a usada/fmba test?

answer: no fight with floyd

so what's the issue?
              Too long, didn't read.
              the issue is making a fight with pbf!
              Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 07-10-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), founded in 2000, is the national anti-doping organization (NADO) in the United States. The U.S. Congress has recognized USADA as "the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sport in the United States."[1]

What else is there? Show me where USADA has jurisdiction in PROFESSIONAL BOXING.

There is no National Governing Body for Pro Boxing (Should be though) and isn't run by an International federation or national olympic committee aka USADA has no authority.

That sentence basically sums up what anyone with sense knows- Pro Boxing doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of USADA.

What am I missing here?
                are you serious, son?

you are clearly missing that USADA CAN do the testing per CONTRACT although they don't have jurisdiction in or over boxing.

which is clearly what they have done with may versus shane last year.

they (usada) were ALLOWED to do it BECAUSE the NSAC ALLOWED them to.

"his testing is conducted under agreements with the relevant testing authority,"

Who is the relevant testing authority in NEVADA?

you guessed it. therefore, usada and nsac came to an agreement to do the testing for may-mos and now may-ortiz.

Comment

But uncle, you didn't ****ing answer the question

and NOW as always, I've always maintained that it was ridiculous that one fighter tries to play commissioner and dictate testing protocol when that should clearly be in the hands of the commission, and the commission alone. I've always maintained that testing standards should be UNIVERSAL and ****GENEOUS across the board, not just the right of fighters who can afford it and decide to make **** up as they go along.

But since I know you and your fellow dunces can't even understand a simplified question, I'll take it one step further- I'll give you the answers to the test

Question 1: What happens if a fighter refuses USADA testing?

Answer: Nothing.

Example: Pacquiao refused USADA/FMBA (Floyd Mayweather Boxing Association) testing and what happened? Was he suspended, get his license revoked, banned, paid a fine? Nope, he went on to make $100 million fighting Clottey, Margarito, Mosley and racked up a ton of endorsements.

Question 1 (Scenario 2): What happens if a fighter refuses NSAC testing?

Answer: Let's ask the head of NSAC himself...

"If you don't do it, that can be used against you," Kizer said. "You're going to have to explain why and if you have no explanation, you'll be denied a license for failing to comply."

Question 2: What happens if a fighter fails a USADA/FMBA test?

Answer: Nothing

USADA does not have the ability or authority to reprimand professional fighters. The only repercussion would maybe be cancellation of a fight and the results being made public, but that wouldn't stop the fighter who failed from fighting other opponents.

Question 2 (Scenario 2): What happens if a fighter fails a NSAC test?

Answer: Let's ask commissioner Pat Lundvall...

"My thought process is that it looks like the past three (hearings) that we've done, we've ranged between eight and nine months for the suspension," Lundvall said. "That's something that moving forward at this point in time, I'd like to give serious consideration to future suspensions being 12 months and the penalty would be up to 50 percent."

Conclusion: If a fighter refuses USADA/FMBA tests, nothing happens and they're free to do as they please and make as much money as they can. If a fighter fails a USADA/FMBA test, nothing happens beyond that particular fight being cancelled.

On the flip side, if a fighter refuses to be tested by NSAC they will have their license revoked and won't be able to fight in the state and probably any other state. If a fighter fails a test, they face a year long suspension and losing half their purse (This was just for diuretics btw, with the new random testing protocols the commission is looking to impose stiffer penalties.).

In addition, if WADA and NSAC team up that would go a long way towards making OST mandatory for ALL fighters with ACTUAL WADA protocol like out of competition testing (which NSAC just reinstituted).

So what's the issue?
                  This vato just came through and crushed all the buildings.

Excellent work that further goes to show why Floyd should leave the commissioning, to the commissions. Them doing their job for 40 of his fights never bothered him. He collected 5 divisional titles under their guidelines, and now suddenly, they're not worth fighting under?

Bravo Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                    Too long, didn't read.
                    the issue is making a fight with pbf!
                    when he's owned or called out, nephew always writes novels.

Comment

So what's the issue?
                      arum is gonna sue them for defamation if pac tests positive.
                      seriously i'm not sure if arum really knows what's going on with pac,or if he's clean or not. because he seems to be asking a lot of 'what ifs'... remember he's just a salesman trying to sell a product,but he does not manufacture that product to say it that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X