Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck: Andre Berto's Title Plan Won't Come True

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll bet 5 million points that Berto will beat this Slavic Euro superman. Any takers?

Comment

If Berto BOX and uses his SPEED ADVANTAGE, he WINS BIG and IMPRESSIVELY, if he gets caught up trying to SLUG IT OUT YET AGAIN the I think Jan can break him down like Ortiz did

Decent Welterweight Fight but I expect Berto to come out and look to IMPRESS after losing to Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
        Don't know why so many people say Berto is overrated since most posters piss on him and few talk like he is a superstar. He was gifted a title belt - like a lot of "champions" today, but I don't think his title defense competition has been that bad.

I like what I see in Zaveck but, with only a few notable exceptions, his competition has been weak so far so it's tough to say what he will do against the top welterweights.

Having watched both, I would go with Berto by tough, close decision.
        Berto has not faced top comp, but he has faced better than Zaveck.

Both of those guys are under-rated. Zaveck period, and Berto since Ortiz.

It baffles me when folks mention Maidana when discussing Ortiz

And it amuses the fuk out of me when folks indicate that Maidana could beat Ortiz, and that he is simply the best while Ortiz is over-rated

It is all about momentum and timing, but fighting at your natural weight also helps

I agree with your call, Berto wins in a tough outing.

Comment

Working...
        X