No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck: Andre Berto's Title Plan Won't Come True

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    You underestimated a fighter period and overestimated Berto as a fighter in the process..You might be making the same mistake again..Zaveck is just the kinda of fighter Berto has had problems with in the past,and will still have problems with now bro..All depends on where these guy's are fighting and Berto just might be in for a upset...
    Personally I think you're underestimating Berto if anything his biggest problem is fighting on the inside.

Comment

Looks like I'm no longer Boxingscene's residend Zavec fans. There appear to be Zavec nuthuggers coming out of the woodwork. God help us

On the serous: Zavec's underrated. Check the punches he's throwing in the video I posted on the first page on this thread. The dude can bang and bring that pressure. Berto, on the other hand, is being written off since his loss to Ortiz, but Ortiz is a fast puncher who's knocked down every single one of his opponents. Berto has good power and excellent speed. Dejan has never fought anyone nearly as good as Bero.

This is an interesting fight that will answer questions about both guys.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Looks like I'm no longer Boxingscene's residend Zavec fans. There appear to be Zavec nuthuggers coming out of the woodwork. God help us

On the serous: Zavec's underrated. Check the punches he's throwing in the video I posted on the first page on this thread. The dude can bang and bring that pressure. Berto, on the other hand, is being written off since his loss to Ortiz, but Ortiz is a fast puncher who's knocked down every single one of his opponents. Berto has good power and excellent speed. Dejan has never fought anyone nearly as good as Bero.

They aren't really fans, just people who would like to see Berto lose.

Comment

Don't know why so many people say Berto is overrated since most posters piss on him and few talk like he is a superstar. He was gifted a title belt - like a lot of "champions" today, but I don't think his title defense competition has been that bad.

I like what I see in Zaveck but, with only a few notable exceptions, his competition has been weak so far so it's tough to say what he will do against the top welterweights.

Having watched both, I would go with Berto by tough, close decision.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6747449

"I was watching tapes of Zaveck and
            he's better than I thought he would
            be," DiBella said. "I still think my guy
            wins, but Zaveck is a quality fighter."
            he saw it on the tape HAHA. poor dibella when his berto gets beaten by zavec.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
              I don't disagree with your breakdown of the ortiz berto fight but despite all that stuff you said, did berto have ortiz on the verge of stoppage? you think "here we go again" was running through ortiz's mind? that fight was going to be over except for that quick left that made steward call out to god........

That's why I say he lost because of recklessness. It rejuvanated a mentally weak opponent and sank berto. Berto goes in with controlled aggression and he's still undefeated and ortiz probably is a broadcaster.

All the more reason for haters to stop with the anti berto and ortiz nonsense. That was a war and neither man backed down. Despite berto's lack of condition and ortiz's lack of mental toughness
              One upper cut and two lefts and Berto just stood there and took em'.

Comment

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
                Personally I think you're underestimating Berto if anything his biggest problem is fighting on the inside.
                I don't believe I'm underestimating Berto at all..I had Berto's number for sometime now..He has stamina and chin issues,for you to say his only problem is he can't fight on the inside..LOL,makes me think you never watched Berto fight at all...Oh and what about Collazo??He had mega trouble with him and he's not an inside fighter..Berto needs mega work and Zaveck is a very technically sound fighter he will give Berto trouble..

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

I would not say I'm a big fan of Zaveck,but this is a fight I've been saying needs to happen for almost two yrs now..I just wanted to see Berto test himself,and now he has no choice...

Comment

i have to give props to zavec for taking such an opponent for his US debut. many others boxers started with easier opponents to test the grounds. i really been wondering how the US public will react. here in slovenia he's always fought in a full house. recently before over 12,000. i've been wondering how they will promote this and to whom. berto is not somebody to attract huge crowds afterall.

Comment

Zaveck is good fighter but I dont know if he is world class yet, this fight will show us IMO, his best 2 fights were against Rafal Jackiewicz which were 2 great close fights.

I would have liked to see Jan fight higher quality opponents in Germany/UK/USA. This is definitely a big step-up in Berto and we will see exactly how world class Jan is.

I will always support my Slavic brothers against bums like Berto so war Jan.

Hopefully all those years fighting bums in Slovenia and making lots of cash didnt hurt your chances of being the best you could be

Comment

Working...
                      X