Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd will NEVER LIVE DOWN these 2 FACTS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish he didn't retire for 2008, some good fights were available around that time.

Still, the only fighter he really avoided in that period realistically was Margarito.

Margarito bent over backwards to get that fight but just could not get it.

Comment

Floyd is unfortunate to be around in a weak area in his weight classes, he didnt have the morales, or barreras of this world to fight like Pac did.

But to then duck the fighters available to you like Cotto and Margarito is unforgivable. He isnt even fighting the best this era has to offer, the best of a bad bunch.
      Had Floyd fought the likes of Morales and Barrera and prime Cotto and Margarito, not to mention DLH and SSM, all of whom were not prime, and now Pac, he would have a great resume.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 03-18-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

lol @ the idea that the ww division was that hot or deep. it wasnt and it hasnt been for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          lol @ the idea that the ww division was that hot or deep. it wasnt and it hasnt been for quite some time.
          name me a another division that was better than 147 when floyd retired after beating 140 pounder hatton.

ill be waiting. thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
            name me a another division that was better than 147 when floyd retired after beating 140 pounder hatton.

ill be waiting. thanks in advance.
            I'd argue Flyweight and Light Heavyweight were arguably as good or better.

Welterweight of course was arguably the best division in Boxing at the time, though.

Comment

I see the dumb ass sheeps are still saying the same shyt.

Hes never ducked any fighter. Period. Not Kostya, not Lil but bad, not Freitas, not Cotto, not Pac or Margarito.

Goddamn yall.

No one finds it funny how FAST Cotto-Mayweather was signed without Arum involved?

Come on how clear is that?
              Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 03-18-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

The Margarito fight yea definitely... Apart from that nah

Comment

Duck gets thrown around way too much this era. I can only imagine the way we'd view past greats if the Internet was around back then.

Floyd=ATG. Margarito=a tough guy from his era.

If its easier for some people to believe Floyd "ducked" Antonio Margarito, Joshua Clottey, and Kermit Cintron, so be it. If its easier to believe he "ducked" a prime Miguel Cotto, as if he himself hasn't aged at all from that time until now, then cool.

Mind you, many of these same people bend over backwards to praise and rationalize Manny Pacquiao habitually fighting the guys Floyd fought instead, after Floyd fought them.

Comment

Lol these threads are to funny make me die laughing because the insults just keep rolling

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                      I see the dumb ass sheeps are still saying the same shyt.

Hes never ducked any fighter. Period. Not Kostya, not Lil but bad, not Freitas, not Cotto, not Pac or Margarito.

Goddamn yall.

No one finds it funny how FAST Cotto-Mayweather was signed without Arum involved?

Come on how clear is that?
                      The fight got sign quick because Cotto is done as a top fighter.

Margarito and Pacquiao completely took away Cotto's prime, and that's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X