Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do you rank hopkins all time NOW??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Some fighters smoke and drink today, most didn't back then, point void, not that it even matters that much, performance in the ring is all that matters.
    Who besides Mayorga smokes.i also noticed you bypassed my other two posts.I can watch 90 percent of Hopkins fights online and break them down,with the oldschool fighters you may get a few fights,but like in ssrs resume wheres all the battles with lamotta was lamotta weight drained was he past it no footage how can you tell what went on.Guys like Arum say Pacs the best ever he is old as sht and watched those fights you talk about live.

Comment

Floyd is not a better fighter than Pac because he is more skilled.
      How often do you get two people who fight, and its not the one with skills who wins the fight. Having skills is one thing, but can you utilize it come fight night? We will find that out when Floyd fights pac.
      If you have amazing skills but you have no power, or chin, or speed, or heart.

Lets for example say there are many fighters more skilled than Pac, you cant call them better fighters, because Pac would beat the bejesus out of them, regardless of your skills.
      JMM was supposedly more skilled than Pac. Are we saying JMM is a better fighter than Pac as well now?

Sorry this is about BH isnt it?
      Last edited by hugh grant; 06-12-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Floyd is not a better fighter than Pac because he is more skilled.
        How often do you get two people who fight, and its not the one with skills who wins the fight.
        If you have amazing skills but you have no power, or chin, or speed, or heart.

Lets for example say there are many fighters more skilled than Pac, you cant call them better fighters, because Pac would beat the bejesus out of them, regardless of Pacs resume or accomplishments.

Sorry this is about BH isnt it?
        the ****??????you bout to make the ignore list son

Comment

Willie Pep Vs Sandy Saddler series is black and white reasoning to why H2H match up's have very little meaning in ranking greatness.

Saddler beat Pep 3 out of 4 times. Yet, there is quite literally no argument to dispute that Willie Pep is the greater fighter of the two.
          Last edited by IronDanHamza; 06-12-2011, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            Who besides Mayorga smokes.i also noticed you bypassed my other two posts.I can watch 90 percent of Hopkins fights online and break them down,with the oldschool fighters you may get a few fights,but like in ssrs resume wheres all the battles with lamotta was lamotta weight drained was he past it no footage how can you tell what went on.Guys like Arum say Pacs the best ever he is old as sht and watched those fights you talk about live.
            Every single fight since Bob Arum has been involved in Boxing has been televised.

Comment

how much footage do you have on these guys,everyone you list is 80s and before like many historians you overrate their colective accomplishments.
              With the exception of Greb and Flowers, I've seen footage of all the fighters, not that it really matters since I go by resume. You used Pea and Chavez fights with Oscar? I don't need to see the fights to know they were past prime, like i don't need to have seen Duran beat Leonard to know its an amazing win, footage can help buts its not essential for judging a resume.

Please elaborate on how I've overrated these fighters in comparison to Hopkins with detailed looks at the resumes of STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Willie Pep Vs Sandy Saddler series is black and white reasoning to why H2H match up's have very little meaning in ranking greatness.

Saddler beat Pep 3 out of 4 times. Yet, there is quite literally no argument that Willie Pep is the greater fighter of the two.
                Out of the two Saddler had his number.in modern terms its like Forrestt Mosley.

Comment

IMO B-Hop is the greatest fighter of the last 20 years & is the greatest of the active fighters.Top 30 alltime atg.

Comment

Out of the two Saddler had his number.in modern terms its like Forrestt Mosley.
                    And who is greater out of Shane Mosley and Vernon Forrest?

The same goes for Pep. Regardless to the fact Saddler beat him 3 times, Pep is by far the greater fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      With the exception of Greb and Flowers, I've seen footage of all the fighters, not that it really matters since I go by resume. You used Pea and Chavez fights with Oscar? I don't need to see the fights to know they were past prime, like i don't need to have seen Duran beat Leonard to know its an amazing win, footage can help buts its not essential for judging a resume.

Please elaborate on how I've overrated these fighters in comparison to Hopkins with detailed looks at the resumes of STFU.
                      From there age?Bhop is whooping 28 yearolds at home and winning titles.
                      And i have actually fought buddy i am not discrediting any fighter of the past i am just making a case for hop,i want to see your top 25 of alltime that would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X