**Roger:“Would be crazy for Floyd to fight Pacquiao after Ortiz"**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Roger:“Would be crazy for Floyd to fight Pacquiao after Ortiz"**

Regarding the last time he saw Floyd training in the gym:

“Floyd ain’t been in the gym. He ain’t been in the gym. He’ll get in the gym but he ain’t been in the gym. I mean he’s going to train and get ready for the fight, he ain’t gonna slack from that but the whole thing of it is, no matter how much of a great fighter he is, when you keep taking time off, and taking time off, and you ain’t going to the gym, it diminishes your skills. That was just the boxing. It ain’t just diminishing Floyd’s skills. It would diminish any other fighter’s skills. You have seen when Ray Leonard came back and beat Marvin Hagler, right? Then he came back after another long layoff and he came back and Camacho whipped his ass. He came back and Terry Norris whipped his ass. What’s that tell you? That diminishes skills. You cannot keep taking layoffs, and layoffs, and layoffs, and think your skills are going to be the same. It ain’t going to happen.”

On whether he believes Floyd would be ready to fight Pacquiao in his next fight if he beats Victor Ortiz:

“Well I wouldn’t think he would fight Pacquiao right after fighting Victor Ortiz. I mean it would be crazy for Floyd to go in the ring with Pacquiao after fighting Victor Ortiz! Floyd needs fights. He needs to be active. Don’t get me wrong, Floyd is the greatest fighter out there, period. Right now in today’s boxing Floyd is the greatest fighter out there. But at the same time I don’t think that Floyd can do this. Floyd needs tune-ups like anybody else. It ain’t no different than any other fighter if you are going to compete with a guy who has been active all the time.”

On whether he believes Floyd would need more tune-ups after Ortiz before being ready to face Pacquiao:

“He’ll need more. It ain’t so much for Pacquiao, anyway. It’s more tune-ups to perform up to his level of performance. It ain’t so much Pacquiao as do you want to perform up to your expectations. You have to be active to do that. When you ain’t active you can’t do that. Just like what I told you about Sugar Ray Leonard. Yeah he got up for the fight for Marvin Hagler. That was the biggest fight that was out there. But what happened after that? What I’m saying is he prepared for Marvin Hagler because that was the biggest fight for him out there so he prepared for it. Remember, he fought a guy way smaller than Marvin Hagler and he got stopped. The thing of it is when you ain’t actually fighting, he looked at Camacho’s size and said this is going to be an easy fight. You know why I know that? You know why I know how he prepared for Camacho? Because he asked me! Before they ever fought he said you boxed Camacho didn’t you? I said, yeah. He said how was he? I said he wasn’t **** to me. I handled him easy. We never fought in the real ring because he already knew what time it was. I used to bake that ass every day. Boom! He asked me right before that fight. I ain’t had no problems with all of that but boom! But I guess he thought he would just maybe walk in there without training. That’s where he was at.”

***** agree with this or Roger talking **** as usual?

Source from WeaksideBoxing interview.

http://www.e@stsideboxing.com/news.php?p=28305&more=1

replace the @ with a , ******s.
    Last edited by Blubba; 06-12-2011, 05:45 AM.

Link or stfu

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
      Link or stfu
      wont let me link cus its a rival website, its e@stsideboxing, just go on there u can even listen to the full interview. *****

Comment

Floyd makes his own decisions. Not Roger. Roger is his trainer, not his adviser.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
          Floyd makes his own decisions. Not Roger. Roger is his trainer, not his adviser.
          exactly

so do u agree with crasy roger's views?

floyd need more tune-ups? i mean wtf? why?

Comment

i thought floyd is going to fight pac next?.......lol.

“Well I wouldn’t think he would fight Pacquiao right after fighting Victor Ortiz. I mean it would be crazy for Floyd to go in the ring with Pacquiao after fighting Victor Ortiz! Floyd needs fights. He needs to be active.

translation: we aint going to fight pac ever....

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post

“Well I wouldn’t think he would fight Pacquiao right after fighting Victor Ortiz. I mean it would be crazy for Floyd to go in the ring with Pacquiao after fighting Victor Ortiz! Floyd needs fights. He needs to be active.

exactly, ducking mofos lol

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post

floyd never said he was fighting manny next

Comment

WTF is wrong w/ this guy?
                  He said Pac is not a skilled boxer, no head movement, yet Floyd needs more fight before fighting him? LMAO.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=487147

Comment

Can't be a part time fighter, Oscar proved that.

Comment

Working...
                    X