No announcement yet.

Floyd is going to struggle with Ortiz.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    bush whenever you get called a ***** it floors me.
    It annoys the hell outa me.It's just ******ed ******* comeback.When they have no argument.Their only response is stupid *****,it never fails.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
      I don't see what the problem is with Floyd picking Ortiz. The fight will be against a young, ferocious, southpaw who has been looking good ever since his upset loss to Maidana.

I still think Floyd will win, but would you rather have Floyd fight besides Pacquiao and Martínez? Seriously, does anyone think he'd come back after a 1 and a half year layoff to go up against the bigger Martínez or Pacquiao?

The only person I know who's been known to do something that insane was Ray Leonard when he came back after a three (or four) year layoff to challenge THE middleweight champion Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Despite the performance, the decision is highly debated to this date.

There's nothing wrong with this fight ASSUMING it'll eventually lead to a fight with either Martínez or Pacquiao.

And yes, as always, Floyd will start off the fight cold as he usually does.

However, I DO NOT think Ortiz will quit. I don't think he would quit because he's getting potshot to death. The worst case scenario is Ortiz getting badly beat-up en route to a 10-8 round without a knockdown or something like that, but I seriously doubt he'll quit. I'm sure he doesn't want to receive the [unnecessary] bad press he received when he quit against Maidana.

Anyway, at its worst, Floyd wins 116-112. At his best, Floyd outpoints Ortiz 119-109.

The fight will be intersting in the first four rounds, though. Afterwards, it'll fall into a pattern.
      I agree. There's no way he's gonna quit. This is the biggest fight of his career , and he'll do everything he can to do what nobody has been able to do so far , which is defeat Floyd Mayweather. This is a GREAT FIGHT.

Comment

pac vs floyd is the only fight that makes sense for both fighters. they'll beat everyone else decisively.
        the difference is at least pac has actually been fighting twice a year.

Comment

[QUOTE=hypodermical;10680390]pac vs floyd is the only fight that makes sense for both fighters. they'll beat everyone else decisively.
          the difference is at least pac has actually been fighting twice a year.[/QUOTE]

Is that right??Would they really beat everyone else decisively though??But that's not really the difference now is it.Floyd may be more inactive,but his last 2 fights were indeed against fighters coming off of impressive wins homey.Now when was the last time that Pacman did that??

Comment

If Mayweather is going to lose to anyone for the first time i really hope its Ortiz that beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfBox View Post
              Ortiz is WW champion of the world and Floyd is fighting him after his biggest career win..... What a travesty... Yawn.. Your claims are elementary.

Letter D of your cornball list proves you know nothing about boxing to assume Bob would place Cotto in the ring vs Floyd knowing Cotto would have to take tests further damaging negotiations for a future fight with Pacquiao.

As for Sergio, Im a huge fan of his.. Even he says Floyd is the best. How can you avoid someone who campaigns in a weightclass you haven't fought in for 4 years... I know someone who just fought at that weightclass within a year against someone bigger than Sergio and as a matter of fact snatched Sergio's "vacant" belt after the WBC forced him out...

The irony of boxing....

LOL what a douchebag........................everybody knows floyd avoided cotto for the longest time.................

Comment

lol..............

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                  I don't see what the problem is with Floyd picking Ortiz. The fight will be against a young, ferocious, southpaw who has been looking good ever since his upset loss to Maidana.

I still think Floyd will win, but would you rather have Floyd fight besides Pacquiao and Martínez? Seriously, does anyone think he'd come back after a 1 and a half year layoff to go up against the bigger Martínez or Pacquiao?

The only person I know who's been known to do something that insane was Ray Leonard when he came back after a three (or four) year layoff to challenge THE middleweight champion Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Despite the performance, the decision is highly debated to this date.

There's nothing wrong with this fight ASSUMING it'll eventually lead to a fight with either Martínez or Pacquiao.

And yes, as always, Floyd will start off the fight cold as he usually does.

However, I DO NOT think Ortiz will quit. I don't think he would quit because he's getting potshot to death. The worst case scenario is Ortiz getting badly beat-up en route to a 10-8 round without a knockdown or something like that, but I seriously doubt he'll quit. I'm sure he doesn't want to receive the [unnecessary] bad press he received when he quit against Maidana.

Anyway, at its worst, Floyd wins 116-112. At his best, Floyd outpoints Ortiz 119-109.

The fight will be intersting in the first four rounds, though. Afterwards, it'll fall into a pattern.
                  Need to visit an arboretum and learn about trees, bro.

Comment

obviously this guy has an agenda an I told him before his hate for some fighters blinds his judgment to the point his opinion cant be taken seriously anymore.

Comment

Damn Bush.....I need to sig the "Mayweather will struggle with Ortiz" quote when people start bringing up how Floyd cherry picked him supposedly.

Comment

Working...
                      X