Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd is going to struggle with Ortiz.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nahh. i don't see floyd picking big guys like clottey, margarito, cotto and martinez. mosley nearly dropped him. ortiz would be a more comfortable pick for floyd. margarito would murk ortiz in the first round. gimme a break!

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
      Fair enough mate.

Prolly I just don't wanna sound I'm hyping up Ortiz , of course he's got what it takes to pull the upset. Tho in reality Floyd's skills is mile high above Ortiz.

Floyd really score big choosing Ortiz.
      Most that know me as far as the site goes Knows that I've never been truly impressed with Floyd's welterweight resume.When i look at his resume at 147,I simply don't believe that ortiz doesn't belong.I think Ortiz may very well be the best welterweight on Floyd's resume come fight noght.Add to that the fact of Floyd's age & layoffs,I'm thinking upset big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Most that know me as far as the site goes Knows that I've never been truly impressed with Floyd's welterweight resume.When i look at his resume at 147,I simply don't believe that ortiz doesn't belong.I think Ortiz may very well be the best welterweight on Floyd's resume come fight noght.Add to that the fact of Floyd's age & layoffs,I'm thinking upset big time.
        When they announced the fight, I was really surprised.

Ortiz is a low reward/high risk, couple with Floyd's age and inactivity, it's all a recipe for disaster. And to top all that, Ortiz is no PPV material, which is a requirement for Floyd the whole time.

Floyd should've went straight to a Pac fight, win or lose, not lower than $60M is guaranteed.

But when the unthinkable happens and Ortiz scores an upset, everything's down the drain quickly.

Comment

ring rust is overrated especially for a guy like floyd who has i believe his own gym. whatever happened to the reports that he goes to the gym everyday.

Comment

I think Ortiz comes out attacking Floyd and pressuring him....I think it remains a great fight with Floyd stopping him around the seventh round on body shots

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
              ring rust is overrated especially for a guy like floyd who has i believe his own gym. whatever happened to the reports that he goes to the gym everyday.
              Going to the gym everyday is nothing compared to actively having at least 2 fights/year which includes the rigorous and demanding training and other prep work.

And it's not like FLoyd's in his late 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielTurcotte3 View Post
                No you wouldnt have you would have come u[p with some lame bull**** excuse as to y Floyd was picking Cotto. Everyone sees right through you my man....U make it very easy to not only dislike you but to laugh at how poor and lapsed your judgement seems to be
                Strugg is a huge Cotto fan. I'm sure he wouldn't come up with anything bad to say about that fight.

Then again, maybe I just can't see through him like you.

Comment

floyd is past prime so there is a high possbility that he will struggle with young ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
                    a) Ortiz is a green ww.........whose greatest claim to fame right now was a good /entertaining brawl against HBO protected berto....

B) Ortiz mental fortitude...........is suspect post maidana..................mediocre-terrible performance against peterson..................

c) Old nat campbell was holding his own.........against Ortiz...........

d) Cotto would have been a better choice...........and yes floyd avoided Martinez as well.........instead of making up for hist past ducking............floyd is sealing his legacy......with another cherrypick
                    Ortiz is WW champion of the world and Floyd is fighting him after his biggest career win..... What a travesty... Yawn.. Your claims are elementary.

Letter D of your cornball list proves you know nothing about boxing to assume Bob would place Cotto in the ring vs Floyd knowing Cotto would have to take tests further damaging negotiations for a future fight with Pacquiao.

As for Sergio, Im a huge fan of his.. Even he says Floyd is the best. How can you avoid someone who campaigns in a weightclass you haven't fought in for 4 years... I know someone who just fought at that weightclass within a year against someone bigger than Sergio and as a matter of fact snatched Sergio's "vacant" belt after the WBC forced him out...

The irony of boxing....

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                      nahh. i don't see floyd picking big guys like clottey, margarito, cotto and martinez. mosley nearly dropped him. ortiz would be a more comfortable pick for floyd. margarito would murk ortiz in the first round. gimme a break!
                      How do you nearly get dropped? He got hit, he took the punch and won every round.

People act like he was out on his feet.

Comment

Working...
                      X