Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these top fighters have had the toughest resume in their last 5 fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out who ignored him. What top fighter didn't want to fight Winky at the time that was around his weight-class? People started the myth of him being avoided just because Vargas didn't give him a rematch.

I mean Oscar offered him a fight, both Tito and Mosley fought him. What more do you want?
    from 98-2004, only vargas from all of the top jww and ww's did not fight winky....he was beating contenders and racking up nabf type belts, losing very close decisions, and fighting all over the place...and by all appearances calling out everyone he could.

so there's 6 years. yes, he obviously wasn't avoided post shane with fights with tito, taylor, bhop, ancient quartey etc....DUH.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      Did you see my other post?

Paydays DO NOT affect your resume, that's ridiculous...

but not trying to win does.
      Everyone wants to fight Pac and Mayweather to get paid. The string of fights that Froch has fought is a lot more risky considering he could've taken an easier route and still made good money.

Comment

Froch or Sergio. Very damn close. I couldn't tell you, I say it's a tie between those 2.

Comment

i say mosley easily... he fought the 2 best of present day... and factor in a still dangerous margarito... he gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            you are seriously trippin dan, you and jro....it's like you disappeared for 4 years of boxing history.... winky got fights after he fought shane and he was jaded and made horriffic business decisions. he's tim bradley times ten....but to say winky wasn't avoided after the first vargas loss is to be biased or to be off on your timeline...

winky was a top 3 ww, NO DOUBT from 2000-2004 until he beat shane an top 10 since about 98ish....a top 3 ww that was avoided until he could be avoided no longer...c'mon, why do you think dude had to fight mckart 3 times??????????no one would touch him after he lost a disputed decision to vargas....

dude was calling out everyone and their moms, not just vargas for the rematch from 99-04 when he finally got shane. oscar went for castelljo's title when he came up, tito moved up, quartey retired, vargas obviously wanted none
            I presume you mean Top 3 JMW. Which he was in that timeline which was due to the fact he held on to his Paper title for quite a while beating average competition.

Well, my question is; Who avoided him? Who was he avoided by?

I have no idea why he fought Bruno Mckart the 3rd time, no one did.

Who was he calling out, though? Refresh my memory. Winky was more than happy to defend his Paper title.

All of those guys who moved up or whatever sure didn't do it to avoid Winky Wright.

Either way, the fact still remains that as for after the Shane Mosley fights he could have fought Oscar or Mayweather but they fell through because of Winky. He turned down career paydays at times.

Comment

froch and it aint even close

Comment

Its Mosley, 2 ATGs and an elite fighter with 1 average fighter and a washed up Mayorga.

Comment

I would go with Froch and/or Martinez!!!

Froch...Talk about taking on the BEST...DAMN! I have even more respect for that guy, that is VERY IMPRESSIVE REGARDLESS of he lost to Kessler and had a controversial decision over Dirrell, the man is clearly not afraid to FIGHT THE BEST...then again I had respect for Froch, Kessler and Abraham for joining the Super 6 because they had a lot more to lose then Ward and Dirrell

ALL WAS TITLE HOLDERS, they could have easily avoided that Tournament just to hold on to their Belts but they DIDN'T!

Froch coming out of that stretch with a 4-1 Record is AMAZING!

I would probably pick Mosley if Mora didn't lose after fighting him
                  Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 06-02-2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I presume you mean Top 3 JMW. Which he was in that timeline which was due to the fact he held on to his Paper title for quite a while beating average competition.

Well, my question is; Who avoided him? Who was he avoided by?

I have no idea why he fought Bruno Mckart the 3rd time, no one did.

Who was he calling out, though? Refresh my memory. Winky was more than happy to defend his Paper title.
                    All of those guys who moved up or whatever sure didn't do it to avoid Winky Wright.
                    Either way, the fact still remains that as for after the Shane Mosley fights he could have fought Oscar or Mayweather but they fell
                    through because of Winky. He turned down career paydays at times.
                    fact remains that my post was about winky being avoided pre Shane. So you and jro bringing up Floyd/Jermaine/margs holds no weight. The Oscar fight is correct and I
                    overlooked the timing of that B/c that was supposed to unify before Oscar fought Shane the second time.
                    Those people are all the names at 154 (including Vargas and quartey). Winky was trying to get Oscar and or Shane in the ring
                    when he took the mckart fight for the third time, AND before whoever that Spanish dude he fought after that fight (name escapes
                    me). I've already mentioned names.
                    Especially from '00-'03 when he was an elite jmw, winky was hunting for big fights. I
                    lived in tampa/st Pete from 97-00 and I was always hearing winky complaining about not getting the fights he was looking for. I followed him when I moved to Miami after that.

And as far as a paper champ, he fought two eliminators to get the shot for the vacant title and defended it against at least two top 10 ring contenders in candelo and mckart if I'm not mistaken, then he unified against the man who beat the man so I'm pretty sure he's legitimately one of the best jmw's of the past decade. He was top 3 jmw for over have of the 2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Everyone wants to fight Pac and Mayweather to get paid. The string of fights that Froch has fought is a lot more risky considering he could've taken an easier route and still made good money.
                      so the b sides in big money fights should lose credit. Brilliant. We're really gonna have to reconsider our atg lists.

Comment

Working...
                      X