No announcement yet.

Advanced testing helps the credibility of the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etlux View Post
    are you stupid? Even contender fights often make something like $30k per fight up to 100k a fight. 20k is a HUGE amount. I think you're overestimating how much $$ boxers get. It was recently posted, the purses of some of the below super championship level fights and they were not that much you'd be surprised. 20k would be a huge chunk of their purse
    OK So Manny/Floyd are making around 50 mill apiece, so why do you appose it for this fight again?

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
      OK So Manny/Floyd are making around 50 mill apiece, so why do you appose it for this fight again?
      because floyd disrespected manny. he didn't propose the idea, he only mentioned it after him and roger started accusing him of being on steroids. it was a smear tactic and it worked like a charm because people were so desperately looking for an excuse to discredit the one known as pac smash.

if they made it standard in all fights, it would send a positive message. but you just can't disrespect a man by calling his integrity into question, and then expect him to acquiesce to your demands.

Comment

I just don't see why something as silly as this made the fight fall apart. I honestly don't see why it should pose a problem because both fighters would be subjected to testing.

If anything it would be a great example to have the two best fighters in the sport getting involved in better testing; on the biggest stage.

Comment

I reject advanced testing based on the fact Im paying $50 a PPV and I expect athletes to be at their absolute best, also no matter how advanced the testing there will always be a way to beat it, so to ensure a level playing field all testing should be done away with.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
            Lets just say Floyd would have turned it down, then what? How would that make YOU feel? Also stating that the testing for his previous fights was all the sport needed.

I'm sure you will say that you would attack Floyd as you do Manny, but I doubt it.

This post can be looked at from two different sides (the shoe on the other foot). Not just one.
            that's a bogus assumption. not everyone who's a fan of the sport has ******* mentality, we don't worship boxers like deities. if somebody outright refused a blood test and made a grip of excuses then, flip flopped with those excuses for 3 years, i'd jump on that guy with the same questions too.

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            i think it has to do with the way floyd approached the subject. it's not like he proposed it to help clean up the sport. he "proposed" it in an attacking, degrading, and demeaning manner.

i think that testing for EVERY fight would enhance the credibility; if they made it standard policy. but it borderlines on mccarthyism to "call out" fighters to take tests.
            yeah, i won't give floyd high marks on subtlety and swag.
            Last edited by John Barron; 06-01-2011, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I'm with anything to keep boxing clean, just not the way Floyd went about it. That was wack imo.

Comment

I've rarely if ever hear anyone attack the credibility of boxing from a ped standpoint (except for the mayweather fiasco). Credibility of boxing is attacked far more from a matchup standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  that's a bogus assumption. not everyone who's a fan of the sport has ******* mentality, we don't worship boxers like deities. if somebody outright refused a blood test and made a grip of excuses then, flip flopped with those excuses for 3 years, i'd jump on that guy with the same questions too.
                  these idiots can't even see themselves in the mirror. pac fans have nothing to defend pac for. pac already agreed to the tests. ross greenburg of hbo, who confirmed that the second negotiation took place, didn't know why floyd turned down the fight. floyd admitted back then that it was no longer an issue.

i don't know why you idiots keep making it an issue. links that say pac is agreeing to the tests are all over the place. what then is there to defend pac for? it's actually you floydiots who are into this fanatical worship of a guy who says he doesn't care about fans. same guy with history of ducking.

you idiots are supposed to celebrate upon hearing pac is agreeing to the tests. you're supposed to report the good news to your god and tell him to do something about it. it seems to me that it's more of a bad news to these clowns. unbelievable fanaticism.
                  Last edited by tomhawq; 06-01-2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    that's great.

now implement it for everyone.

who does it and who pays for it?
                    Don't be such a nutlicker. How do you think the testing used today got started?

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                      these idiots can't even see themselves in the mirror. pac fans have nothing to defend pac for. pac already agreed to the tests. ross greenburg of hbo, who confirmed that the second negotiation took place, didn't know why floyd turned down the fight. floyd admitted back then that it was no longer an issue.

i don't know why you idiots keep making it an issue. links that say pac is agreeing to the tests are all over the place. what then is there to defend pac for? it's actually you floydiots who are into this fanatical worship of a guy who says he doesn't care about fans. same guy with history of ducking.

you idiots are supposed to celebrate upon hearing pac is agreeing to the tests. you're supposed to report the good news to your god and tell him to do something about it. it seems to me that it's more of a bad news to these clowns. unbelievable fanaticism.
                      i stopped reading after the bolded.

Comment

Working...
                      X