Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you rank higher as an ATG Pernell Whitaker or Bernard Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    its amazing how a win over Pascal has elevated Hopkins over PAC
    It's not decisive but to say Hopkins doesn't have an argument isn't a fact either. I think their close as hell.

Pac hasn't done anything special lately, Hopkins didn't do nothing special either though during his title defenses but he did fight the best he could at middleweight. Can't hate Pac that Floyd won't fight him.

Both did extremely amazing things that no other fighter will probably ever do for decades. Be as good as Hopkins at 40+ or be like Pac going from 106 up to 150. Although winning a belt over David Diaz was kinda lame, and beating on shot Margarito and Clottey were equally as lame but it ain't like Hopkins hasn't done anything lame either.

Pretty close.

Comment

sweet pea but it could go either way depending on whos list it is

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        not sure about the medical report being released but i remember it being mentioned during the broadcast...not sure if it was CBS or ABC but they brought it up...i didnt even know about it til then

speaking of Simon Brown, one of my favorite fights was the one he had against Maurice Blocker...it was the first time i really knew of two best friends fighting...i knew that they didn't fight before because of friendship but when the money got big enough, they really got down...fun fight to watch as i was also a fan of Blocker
        I watched it in the UK so If I remember correctly it wasn't mentioned in the braodcast but I do remember the talk fo the injury but I can't remember what it was but as the 2nd fight showed it didn't make a difference.

I liked Brown, good fighter. I knew Buddy has his number though, man. I just knew it. Everyone was telling me how wrong I was but I just knew Buddy would beat him.

Brown Vs Blocker another good one.

I love the 80's-90's contendors, so much more exciting and better than todays contenders. I would look forward to watching two contenders scrap it out. People forget how good they were, too.

Roger Mayweather (although he won titles and was more than a contender) I was a huge huge fan of, and still am.

Him Vs Buddy I would LOVE to see.

Comment

Sweet Pea has the better resume, Hopkins has the better accomplishments. I can't really see how some one can say Sweet Pea by landslide, or Hopkins my a country mile, other than to look like a know it all historian and impress some one.

In this thread, Hopkins sounds like he's some kind of bum who has done nothing

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I watched it in the UK so If I remember correctly it wasn't mentioned in the braodcast but I do remember the talk fo the injury but I can't remember what it was but as the 2nd fight showed it didn't make a difference.

I liked Brown, good fighter. I knew Buddy has his number though, man. I just knew it. Everyone was telling me how wrong I was but I just knew Buddy would beat him.

Brown Vs Blocker another good one.

I love the 80's-90's contendors, so much more exciting and better than todays contenders. I would look forward to watching two contenders scrap it out. People forget how good they were, too.

Roger Mayweather (although he won titles and was more than a contender) I was a huge huge fan of, and still am.

Him Vs Buddy I would LOVE to see.

dude, the 80s and 90s were a great time to be a boxing fan...ppvs werent crazy and if they did have them, everyone here in the US had an illegal box so you can just keep watching anyways

boxers fought 3-4 times a year...you had boxing on national networks..i remember having free boxing on two of the major channels on Saturday afternoons...then there was a cable channel here called the USA Network...it was THREE HOURS of boxing every week...that's when i saw guys like Hopkins, Julian JAckson, Norris, Roy, Toney, Pernell...then you had showtime and HBO...i wish we could get back to that

Comment

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
              I honestly think you don't like Hopkins because people are starting to say he's greater then Pac. As they should....

And because he knocked out your other favorite Tito. Don't hate...
              Everything in that post was spot on and Pac >>>>> Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Sweet Pea has the better resume, Hopkins has the better accomplishments. I can't really see how some one can say Sweet Pea by landslide, or Hopkins my a country mile, other than to look like a know it all historian and impress some one.

In this thread, Hopkins sounds like he's some kind of bum who has done nothing
                Pea beat far better opposition.

Comment

Sweat Pea is one of the best ever. Hopkins is one of the best ever past 40. Before that he was a great fighter with an average resume before he fought Tarver.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackjack420 View Post
                    Sweat Pea is one of the best ever. Hopkins is one of the best ever past 40. Before that he was a great fighter with an average resume before he fought Tarver.
                    He beat Trinidad at 35. But I can see why you don't mention Trinidad as a win. Also he beat Tarver at 40-41. Before Tarver his best win was Trinidad, and of course he had that 20 title defenses at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      Pea beat far better opposition.
                      I clearly mentioned that in my first post. Pea has the better resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X