Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you rank higher as an ATG Pernell Whitaker or Bernard Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopkins easy but not sure anymore.

cus he aint taken the test

TAKE THE TEST!!!

Comment

Both in resume and skills its Whitaker, absolutely no argument for Hopkins.

Comment

Bernard has nice resume and all but he doesn't rank higher than Pernell

when you beat guys like Azumah and Chavez decisively, its hard to find those types of HOFers on Bernard's resume

i was also a big Buddy fan but the way Pernell schooled McGirt twice, you just knew that he was on a different level

even towards the end of his career, the coked out version was still a nightmare for guys like Tito and Oscar...hell, i thought he did enough to outpoint DLH in their fight

Comment

Whitaker and is not even close, there is no argument for Hopkins.

B-Hop is not even greater than Roy or Pac, let alone Whitaker.

Comment

Hopkins, EASY. EASY EASY EASY.

Now if we're talking about skill wise Pernell takes it, but resume wise Hopkins wins, EASY.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Whitaker and is not even close, there is no argument for Hopkins.

B-Hop is not even greater than Roy or Pac, let alone Whitaker.
              How? Explain to me. Skill wise, yes he is greater. Resume wise, NO WAY. Sure he beat Buddy McGirt, Jose Luis Ramirez, and Azumah Nelson, but he still had a draw with Chavez and lost to DLH and Trinidad. Sure you can say he beat Chavez(easily did) and beat DLH, but then you gotta add that Hopkins beat Taylor and Calslappy so he's virtually undefeated for the past 20 years. Please explain to me how Pernell is higher ranked RESUME wise, ATG wise, than Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                Bernard has nice resume and all but he doesn't rank higher than Pernell

when you beat guys like Azumah and Chavez decisively, its hard to find those types of HOFers on Bernard's resume

i was also a big Buddy fan but the way Pernell schooled McGirt twice, you just knew that he was on a different level

even towards the end of his career, the coked out version was still a nightmare for guys like Tito and Oscar...hell, i thought he did enough to outpoint DLH in their fight
                I felt the first McGirt fight kind of close-ish. Whitaker still won clearly.

Good post, though.

Comment

I picked B-Hop,because I think he's gonna walk away from fighting older than 46 & after having never been thoroughly dominated.Sweet Pea is great as well though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I felt the first McGirt fight kind of close-ish. Whitaker still won clearly.

Good post, though.

leading up to that first bout, i think Buddy hadn't lost in like 6-7 years...he was on an impressive roll...too lazy to look it up but i think he lost to Meldrick and just kept piling on wins and was highly rated going into the first Pernell fight

they claimed that he had arm injury (bicep?) that limited him but he got schooled more thoroughly in the rematch when he was healthy

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
                      How? Explain to me. Skill wise, yes he is greater. Resume wise, NO WAY. Sure he beat Buddy McGirt, Jose Luis Ramirez, and Azumah Nelson, but he still had a draw with Chavez and lost to DLH and Trinidad. Sure you can say he beat Chavez(easily did) and beat DLH, but then you gotta add that Hopkins beat Taylor and Calslappy so he's virtually undefeated for the past 20 years. Please explain to me how Pernell is higher ranked RESUME wise, ATG wise, than Hopkins.
                      Whitaker has a better resume than Bernard Hopkins.

He rightfully should have 2 wins over Ramirez, a win over Chavez and very close fight with Oscar one in which I felt he won.

He is a 4 division champion.

A top 5 LW of all time which is argubally the deepest division of all time.

8 defences at 135, 8 defences at 147.

Beat Nelson and Chavez which are better than anyone on Hopkins resume and should argubally have a win over prime Oscar which is also better than anything on Hopkins resume.

Hopkins is a great fighter. Whitaker is greater.

Comment

Working...
                      X