Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you rank higher as an ATG Pernell Whitaker or Bernard Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely someone isn't using their respective fights with Trinidad as a decision maker. Prime Hopkins vs a Trinidad 2 weight classes above his best weight (and towards the end of his career) is hardly comparable to a Prime Trinidad at his best weight vs a significantly past prime Whitaker 2 weight classes above what I think was his most effective weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
      Oh my god, I just completely skipped to your second post because of how stupid it was, then I looked at this and make me sick to my stomach. You didn't watch boxing in the 90s. If you did you'd know Trinidad leading up to the Hopkins fight was NOT ONLY BIGGER, THE FAVORITE, AND ONE OF THE TOP 2 P4P FIGHTERS IN THE DAMN SPORT BUT TO SAY TRINIDAD WASN'T GREAT......I'm mad. I'm gonna go watch TV.
      The self-proclaimed biggest nuthugger of Tito on this site would agree with me that hes a borderline great, but then again its a subject of definition. All things relative, its absolutely ******ed to think Trinindad is greater than Chavez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Surely someone isn't using their respective fights with Trinidad as a decision maker. Prime Hopkins vs a Trinidad 2 weight classes above his best weight (and towards the end of his career) is hardly comparable to a Prime Trinidad at his best weight vs a significantly past prime Whitaker 2 weight classes above what I think was his most effective weight.
        It was only "towards the end of his career" because hopkins sent him into retirement for about two years. Remember it was hopkins that took his "0" and ruined his plans to fight fight Roy Jones. If not for hopkins, Tito would have been the undisputed MW champion of the world and would have continued moving up and fighting other opponents. The loss was devastating, hence retirement shortly after.

Comment

• This poll is a joke to say the least. How Hopkins has even 10 votes is a mystery.

Comment

• @ the Johnny Comelately fans.

And, Tito is the GOAT

Comment

• Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
              It's a battle between Hagler and Whitaker, but...

1)Pernell
              2)Hagler
              3)Galaxy
              4)Nunn
              5)Camacho

IMHO.
              Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
              Oh and btw, Michael Moorer at LHW > Pacquiao

He was a destroyer.
              ^^This ****** shouldn't be ranking fighters...

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                This poll is a joke to say the least. How Hopkins has even 10 votes is a mystery.
                Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                @ the Johnny Comelately fans.

And, Tito is the GOAT
                These votes are embarrassing. SMH.

Comment

• clearly bhop imo. whitaker is quite overrated when looking at his acomplishments. talent wise they are about the same

Comment

• Hopkins but Pernell at his absolute best was better than Bernard was at his.

Longevity & resume pay off for BHOP

Comment

• Wow. Just wow.

Comment

Working...
                      X