Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you rank higher as an ATG Pernell Whitaker or Bernard Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Very very very suprised at the poll.

Can't believe Hopkins has more votes than Pernell Whitaker.

It's quite clearly Pernell.
    He just fought. People are extremely reactionary.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Very very very suprised at the poll.

Can't believe Hopkins has more votes than Pernell Whitaker.

It's quite clearly Pernell.
      B-Hop is clearly the flavor of the month why is it that surprising?

Most people with real knowledge would say Sweet Pea although you could certainly make a case for B-Hop but based on the audience here I would expect B-Hop to do quite well especially at this exact moment in time.

Do the poll a month ago and the result would be more to your liking.

Comment

• When I was looking at the posts in this thread it made me realize that this discussion can't be taken seriously until atleast 10 years from now.

I also lol'd at the people saying Pernell's JCC domination over Bhop's Trindad knockout win was better.

That just put a smile on my face. BHop is still around in boxing so obviously people won't be able to see his greatness until he's finally gone.

Oh and BTW, Pascal isn't one of his better wins. Pascal is nothing but a overhyped bum. Don't even bring Pascal up in the conversation. BHop hasn't been in his prime since the early 90s. The fact that he's doing this all on technique, skill, and conditioning speaks wonders.

Pernell's a great fighter, arguably the greatest south paw of all time, but don't get me wrong, 12 years ago when he was getting dominated by Trinidad he was never recognized as such a stature as he is now. This is how it is with all fighters, you never appreciate the mans true accomplishments until their era is over.

Comment

• Pea, for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
            I also lol'd at the people saying Pernell's JCC domination over Bhop's Trindad knockout win was better.
            Beating a legitimate great and p4p number one in their prime is greaterthan beating a borderline great.

Pernell's a great fighter, arguably the greatest south paw of all time, but don't get me wrong, 12 years ago when he was getting dominated by Trinidad he was never recognized as such a stature as he is now.
            Now thats plain reaching.

Aren't you the same clown that had a top 5 all-time southpaw list with Michael Moorer and no Manny Pacquiao?

Comment

• did somone just suggest that beating a middleweight Trinidad was better than beating Julio Cesar Chavez...?

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                Now thats plain reaching.

Aren't you the same clown that had a top 5 all-time southpaw list with Michael Moorer and no Manny Pacquiao?
                DID YOU SEE THE FIGHT? Most people who say this are people who've never even seen the damn fight. I still remember to this day Trinidad winning ATLEAST 9-3 Pernell had one or two good rounds, that was about it. Get the **** out of here man. Go watch the ****ing fight then come talk to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
                  DID YOU SEE THE FIGHT? Most people who say this are people who've never even seen the damn fight. I still remember to this day Trinidad winning ATLEAST 9-3 Pernell had one or two good rounds, that was about it. Get the **** out of here man. Go watch the ****ing fight then come talk to me.
                  No I say its reaching that you mention the fight I know that it was a decisive victory for Tito.

I love how you cut out the bottom of my comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
                    did somone just suggest that beating a middleweight Trinidad was better than beating Julio Cesar Chavez...?
                    Yep and it was from a ****ing idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      Beating a legitimate great and p4p number one in their prime is greaterthan beating a borderline great.
                      Oh my god, I just completely skipped to your second post because of how stupid it was, then I looked at this and make me sick to my stomach. You didn't watch boxing in the 90s. If you did you'd know Trinidad leading up to the Hopkins fight was NOT ONLY BIGGER, THE FAVORITE, AND ONE OF THE TOP 2 P4P FIGHTERS IN THE DAMN SPORT BUT TO SAY TRINIDAD WASN'T GREAT......I'm mad. I'm gonna go watch TV.

Comment

Working...
                      X