Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would size(weight) be a big factor in Pacquiao-JMM III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IslaSimio View Post
    i would be amazed if JMM lasted the 12 rounds, like morales did vs maidana i honestly think he wants a paycheck but whatever i do give him props for facing pac with no Test's
    JMM is a lot tougher than most expect (all that high altitude training and special "regimen". Remember, BOTH slowed down A LOT. The most crucial factor is how much JMM can back up and lead Pac around the ring like the last two fights. Take couple steps back and constantly moving around the ring all night. That is the key. If JMM can do that, than it would really close.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Agreed
      Look I am just telling the way it is. Pac is a cash cow and JMM wants a big pay day which he deserves. As a trainer, Freddie knows the nitty gritty of both fighters and Freddie pretty much advised at what weigh this should be signed.

Comment

Why?

Are their factual weights on how much they weigh on fight night? Or are we going by HBO "unofficial" scale? I don't even want to get into that cuz' that's another debate.
        Why?

Because even then, they were just a few pounds apart.

They'll be within 4 pounds of each other on fight night.

First fight, Marquez 136, Manny 137.
        Second fight Marquez 141, Manny 145.

Now you can disregard it all you want, but there won't be a drastic difference in weight. They've already fought each other weighing in the 140s on fight night.

As has been said before, "weight doesn't win this fight". They are a few pounds apart, not 10 or more.

Is Manny punking him by making him move up? Yea, but it was Marquez who cried about getting in the ring again. It was Marquez who claimed he beat Pac twice already.

Juan asked for this.

Imo, I think he gets sparked whether its at 135, 140, 147, whatever. Now, before anyone asks, "well then, why doesn't Manny go down to those weights?"

Why should he? He wasn't begging for the fight wearing t shirts.

So, to answer your question, no, the 4 pounds won't be a big factor at all. The biggest factor will be that Marquez, just isn't as good as he used to be. He was getting tagged up by Kats and Diaz. Manny will feast on him.

Comment

What do you guys think?
          Pac last fight I think, he weighed in fight night at 148 and Marquez was 145. So its about 3 lbs difference, not that much to be a big deal, unlike those real welterweights they fought (JMM vs May and Pac vs Cotto, Clottey, etc) who had 10 lbs or more weignt advantages over them. Marquez should weigh in where he thinks is good for him and not to worry about Pac size. He is not tied to the contract in which he must weigh in exactly at 144, just like Pac weighed at 145 in his fight vs Margarito at 150. The only difference in this fight, Pac been with bigger opponents and not bothered by their punches, size, and weight advantages.
          Last edited by straightleft; 05-27-2011, 01:50 AM.

Comment

what size? pac will only outweigh JMM 4-6 lbs plus JMM is half inch taller than pac

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
              Pac last fight I think, he weighed in fight night at 148 and Marquez was 145. So its about 3 lbs difference, not that much to be a big deal, unlike those real welterweights they fought (JMM vs May and Pac vs Cotto, Clottey, etc) who had 10 lbs or more weignt advantages over them. Marquez should weigh in where he at his best and not to worry about Pac size. The only difference in this fight, Pac been with bigger opponents and not bothered by their punches, size, weight advantages.
              Are those unofficial weight factual weight? Do you know how they weighed in? Did you see them weighed in? What rules are their for unofficial weigh-in?

Why do people pay so much attention to unofficial weigh-in is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT View Post
                what size? pac will only outweigh JMM 4-6 lbs plus JMM is half inch taller than pac
                6 lbs is a lot when it comes to boxing....and JMM at 144 will be bloated up to make weight...

while Manny has grown into WW

size is definitely a factor IMO

Comment

Are those unofficial weight factual weight? Do you know how they weighed in? Did you see them weighed in? What rules are their for unofficial weigh-in?

Why people cannot pay attention to unofficial weigh in? All Pac fight he always goes to this procedures. You can look at yersir SIG and you will see what I'm talking about. Margarito was 17 lbs over than Pac fight night. Those 17 really helped Margarito to stay on his feet. This is something you can magically appears from nowhere. Its unofficial but you can see this at HBO and so was Marquez fights.
                  Last edited by straightleft; 05-27-2011, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT View Post
                    It gives slight advantage for Pac if the weigh is higher. JMM's mode of operandus against Pac would be to CONSTANTLY move back couple of steps, wait for ambush and counter. At a higher weight, he has to expand MORE energy for 12 rds at older age. This may affect his performance in the later rds if the weight is higher. It may slightly improve his punch resistance but that is not how he would beat Pac tho. Pac at a higher weight compensate for that by punching much harder. Look at the way Shane ran.

But still, JMM agree to it. He could have choose some other weigh/opponent but why refuse a big paycheck. But the outcome is far less certain at say 135. How would JMM's back pedaling speed COMBINE with counterpunch ability compare to Shane's speed (runaway) at 145 is a good question?
                    Last edited by sdcluser; 05-27-2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                      Why people cannot pay attention to unofficial weigh in? All Pac fight he always goes to this procedures. You can look at yersir SIG and you will see what I'm talking about. Margarito was 17 lbs over than Pac fight night. This is something you can magically appears from nowhere. Its unofficial but you can see this at HBO and so was Marquez fights.
                      You didn't answer none of my questions so I will ask again.

Comment

Working...
                      X