Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would size(weight) be a big factor in Pacquiao-JMM III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    For example what was the weight difference in Pac and Margarito?
    weigh in around 5lbs I think so and fight night according to HBO 17 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      size difinitely matters as much as skill...but unlike, reach,skills,height , they dont matter in terms of what class you belong, only weight......so wether two fighter have difrent skills, height,reach, power,etc does'nt mean one should be held at a higher standrad than the other........both pac and jmm are similar in size, so it should'nt matter which weightclass they fight at.....
      But they fight at different weight now. no?

So the whole argument boils down to this: who wants to give up their "natural weigh" to accomodate a "good/fair" fight when they are about the same size?

The argument from either would be WHY someone should give up that weight for another one to "Prove" certain aspect to one's legacy.

Most project a closer match at 135.
      Most project Pac winning (not certain) at 145.
      Should we acccomodate age difference as well?

This could go on and on....LOL.

Comment

weight won't matter on this fight

more like age factor

of course they could fight at 135 but it won't change the fact that JMM is already pushing 40

Comment

With all due respect sir, if you don't know. Then please don't pay attention to unofficial weigh-in.
          Why not sir? its because the unofficial fight night weigh in can be manipulated to someone advantage or disadvantage or maybe its not so accurate because they wearing a cloth during weigh in? I don't understand why this is not important. You did not explain also why I should not psy attention to the unofficial fight night weigh in. The HBO and others been doing this for many years if not for nothing. In this way, you will see how many lbs each fighter they gained overnight. Without it, like when Floyd refused the unofficial fight night weigh in....we can only assume how many lbs Floyd has over Marquez after he came 2 lbs overweight in the weigh in. It's also remindinv me not too long ago when all the boxers weigh in then fight.
          Last edited by straightleft; 05-27-2011, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
            weigh in around 5lbs I think so and fight night according to HBO 17 lbs.
            And, what did Pac and Margarito wear on the unofficial scale?

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
              Why not sir? its because the unofficial fight night weigh in can be manipulated to someone advantage or disadvantage? I don't understand why this is not important. You did not explain also why I should not psy attention to the unofficial fight night weigh in. The HBO and others been doing this for many years if not for nothing. In this way, you will see how many lbs each fighter they gained overnight. Without it, like when Floyd refused the unofficial fight night weigh in....we can only assume how many lbs Floyd has over Marquez after he came 2 lbs overweight in the weigh in. It's also remindinv me not too long ago when all the boxers weigh in then fight.
              Because one opponent could weigh-in naked, while his opponent could weigh-in fully clothed, with tennis shoes on, jewelry, and stuff in his pockets.

There are no rules on how to weigh-in on HBO unofficial scale. HBO doesn't force anybody to strip.

So a 17lb advantage can really be a 22 pound advantage or a 12 pound advantage. Just taking wild guess here.

That's why I don't pay attention to unofficial weigh-ins. Because, one we don't see them weighing in. So we don't know what really the weight is. So that would make the unofficial weigh-in not so factual.

Comment

Because one opponent could weigh-in naked, while his opponent could weigh-in fully clothed, with tennis shoes on, jewelry, and stuff in his pockets.

There are no rules on how to weigh-in on HBO unofficial scale. HBO doesn't force anybody to strip.

So a 17lb advantage can really be a 22 pound advantage or a 12 pound advantage. Just taking wild guess here.

That's why I don't pay attention to unofficial weigh-ins. Because, one we don't see them weighing in. So we don't know what really the weight is. So that would make the unofficial weigh-in not so factual.
                What I know, the unofficial weigh in. They do it inside the locker room with their boxing short and shoes on. I don't think they purposely take the other boxer weight on his short and shoes while the other must be naked. They both on short and shoes, so most probably the weight difference could be just less than 1 lb.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                  What I know, the unofficial weigh in. They do it inside the locker room with their boxing short and shoes on. I don't think they purposely take the other boxer weight on his short and shoes while the other must be naked. They both on short and shoes, so most probably the weight difference could be just less than 1 lb.
                  No that's not true at all. For example John Ruiz weighed in on his boxers on the night of the fight. While Roy was in is whole sweatsuit gear.

Again they're no rules. One can strip and the opponent doesn't have to.

Comment

It's a bit of weight, Marquez's decline, age, but Pacquiao has slowed down as well since the Clottey fight. Whats been running through my head as I think about this match up...the way Mayweather laughed off Marquez's shots. I wasn't expecting that at all before the fight.
                    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 05-27-2011, 04:23 AM.

Comment

So why even make this thread then?

Official weights?

Lets look at them.

In Marquez only fight above 135, he weighed in at 142.
                      In Mannys fights, he has weighed 142, 144, 144.5, 145, 145.75. which averaged out to 144.25.

Because of a two pound difference on the official scale,

its going to make a difference?

If the fights at 135, Manny destroys Marquez even quicker as his hands will be faster than at welterweight. The weight is not the issue here. The fact that Marquez ate shots from a sloppy Katsidis and tasted canvas, is.

Comment

Working...
                      X