Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Teddy Atlas overrated as an "expert" on boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's the most annoying thing about fight night champion....

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      that's a great decision as far as i'm concerned

wladimir would lump up and knock out povetkin
      It was rather LAME of Teddy to have Povetkin duck Guinn, Pulev then easily defeated him.

Comment

Teddy Atlas knows Boxing. And is by far the most knowledgable Boxing analyst on ESPN.

He gets things wrong etc but he knows the sport and has alot of good insight.

He picked Pac to beat Oscar, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          It was rather LAME of Teddy to have Povetkin duck Guinn, Pulev then easily defeated him.

guinn's not a terrible fighter by any stretch
          and besides, i was referring to atlas keeping povetkin out of the ring with wladimir, who would put him on blast.

Comment

No not at all..

the problem is most fans/viewers in any sport expect the analyst to be 100% right every single time because they're labeled "Experts" , and that goes for Basketball,Football,Boxing,Baseball.

it's a Myth that just will never happen, as soon as a guy is wrong a few times viewers will say "Oh how is he up there? how is this guy a expert he's awful he thought such and such"

nobody will ever be 100% correct with predictions..

Atlas is very Knowledgeable and says things people may not want to hear, and is wrong at times which is natural.

When you have a Analyst thats always wrong then thats when you have a problem.

Comment

Most people dont like atlas because he calls pacquiao on his BS and he doesn't play favorites.He knows every aspect of boxing very well, whether its the trainer's point of view, or the fighter's. His commentary is spot on, and he teaches when he explains whats going on. As an expert... there aren't many who can match his knowledge. Kellerman is good, but he has never experienced anything in the boxing world first hand. I think the OP is a rabbid pac fan who was butt-hurt when atlas questioned pac's recent selection of opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
                Most people dont like atlas because he calls pacquiao on his BS and he doesn't play favorites.He knows every aspect of boxing very well, whether its the trainer's point of view, or the fighter's. His commentary is spot on, and he teaches when he explains whats going on. As an expert... there aren't many who can match his knowledge. Kellerman is good, but he has never experienced anything in the boxing world first hand. I think the OP is a rabbid pac fan who was butt-hurt when atlas questioned pac's recent selection of opponents.
                I find the opposite is true.

He has his favorites, and he absolutely hates certain fighters. He's not capable of being fair and objective.

Atlas was a FAILURE as a trainer and he's the worst boxing commentator-analyst in the business, with the possible exception of Kellerman.

In contrast to Atlas and Kellerman, Antonio Tarver is always fair and objective in his analysis. ESPN should hire an articulate, intelligent trainer like Nazim Richardson to replace Teddy.
                Last edited by The Hammer; 05-26-2011, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  I find the opposite is true.

He has his favorites, and he absolutely hates certain fighters. He's not capable of being fair and objective.

Atlas was a FAILURE as a trainer and he's the worst boxing commantator-analyst in the business, with the possible exception of Kellerman.

In contrast to Atlas and Kellerman, Antonio Tarver is always fair and objective in his analysis. ESPN should hire an articulate, intelligent trainer like Nazim Richardson to replace Teddy.
                  Tarver is terrible.. many people will agree with me... he is just boring. Kellerman isn't fair? thats nonesense. Most people that don't like atlas won't be watching friday night fights anyway because they're most likely pac fans only. how is he the worst *commentator*??? Why do you think kellerman is bad also?

Comment

People just don't like him because he dissed their favorite fighter at some point. Teddy is real about everything and has great knowledge. I don't know much about him as a trainer, but he has knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
                      Tarver is terrible.. many people will agree with me... he is just boring. Kellerman isn't fair? thats nonesense. Most people that don't like atlas won't be watching friday night fights anyway because they're most likely pac fans only. how is he the worst *commentator*??? Why do you think kellerman is bad also?
                      Kellerman reminds me of a 14 year old girl with a crush the way he GUSHES about the boxers he likes, such as Dawson and Williams.

He sounds as if he wants to fellate them. :*******:

And he'll even go so far as to LIE to discredit the boxers he doesn't find attractive.

Comment

Working...
                      X