Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume? Khan or Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Hisoka View Post
    Ortiz is a much better puncher than Maidana, always was, Maidana's a good puncher but I'd never put him in that kind of category. Ortiz cooled off because Peterson decided to take a step back and counter, in doing that he neutralized Ortiz's attack, but he established that plan late. Also I had Ortiz edging it but believe it would have been a different story had it been a 12 rounder.

Those slow wide looping punches aren't gonna land with much success man. It's a different story when you got to defend against Ortiz's and Bradley's attack as opposed to Maidana's.
    Ortiz and Maidana are both good punchers, but I believe Maidana hits harder, but he doesn't have the speed to get on target always like Ortiz does. Peterson did counter, but what I saw was, Ortiz cooling off as well. As if he wanted to keep his big lead.

As for the wide looping shots, yes he is wide, but he does find the target.

Comment

Originally posted by BikerDude View Post
      Ortiz and Maidana are both good punchers, but I believe Maidana hits harder, but he doesn't have the speed to get on target always like Ortiz does. Peterson did counter, but what I saw was, Ortiz cooling off as well. As if he wanted to keep his big lead.

As for the wide looping shots, yes he is wide, but he does find the target.
      Understand.

I'd also like to point out that Ortiz squares up and Kotelnik has that shell; easier to work with, it's a different ball game when the opponent is moving his upper body, look at the way Morales made Maidana miss, and Morales doesn't even have the same reflexes anymore, but he showed what a little head/ upper body movement could do. Now imagine Peterson who also likes to bend at the waist. Heh...be nice if these two fought.

Comment

Originally posted by _Hisoka View Post
        Understand.

I'd also like to point out that Ortiz squares up and Kotelnik has that shell; easier to work with, it's a different ball game when the opponent is moving his upper body, look at the way Morales made Maidana miss, and Morales doesn't even have the same reflexes anymore, but he showed what a little head/ upper body movement could do. Now imagine Peterson who also likes to bend at the waist. Heh...be nice if these two fought.
        I get you that Petrson has a style that would be difficult for Maidana, but I also feel Maidana would take his power.

I am not sure what happened vs Morales. I suspect that he didn't train as ahrd for that fight or something because Morales, let's face it, everyone thought would get destroyed. I do understand that Petrson is technically very good, but he does also lack a killer insitnct or something for me. Like he's just going through the motions.

It would have been good if Khan and Petrson got made.

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
          If Khan wants to fight the best opponents and will take less money why did the Peterson fight not happen??Why is the Judah fight so hard tobe made??Why did Maidana have to take legal actions to get what he deserved??
          Think before you type I said 'fight the best'.....Peterson coming off a loss and a draw most defiantly not the best and as you know whoever his opponent was for that fight it was well documented as a stay busy fight for his UK fans.

Khan always said he would fight Maidana he said after the Pauli fight ill fight Maidana, Bradley can fight Alexander, winner fights winner. Khan stuck to his end of the deal.

Judah has come out and said Khan would be a step down and doesn’t want the fight, keep up.

Comment

Bradley has the better resume, let's not get crazy.

Comment

When you are dealing with unapologetic con nut huggers, not even facts and logic can deter them in their undying love. Get ready for Morales, the legend, a mere taking all all comers because everyone is afraid to fight him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                Amir Khan(25-1-0)(wins from best to worst)
                -Kotelnik
                -Maidana
                -Paulie
                -Salita
                -Tune up vs British bum McCloskey
                -Old Barrera

KO loss to Prescott in 1 round.

Tim Bradley(27-0-0)(from best to worst)
                -Devon Alexander
                -Lamont Peterson
                -Kendall Holt
                -Junior Witter
                -Nate Campbell
                -Tune up before Devon against WELTERWEIGHT
                -Edner Cherry

It's obviously Tim Bradley and it's not even close. Khan does have a good shot at beating Bradley when they fight later this year but that doesn't mean you can just make ***** up. Bradley is obviously the best in the world right now and their was a reason him vs Devon was #1 vs #2 and Khan-Maidana was #3 vs #4.

Great post! The only thing I disagree with is Alexander being the legit#2 jrww. I know he was rated that way but from even before the Kotelnik fight I thought he was way overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Can people please stop talking about Zab Judah? He's FINISHED. And you will witness that soon enough.
                  Stop, don't ruin the surprise for them. I love when Judah gets hyped up before losing again.

Comment

Peterson and Maidana was floored equal amount of times by Ortiz..If Peterson is chinney so is Maidana..

Comment

It's about the same.

At 140, I actually find Amir's resume more impressive:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=475566

Comment

Working...
                      X