No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Roy Jones Jr. and Denis Lebedev Make Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    Roy will surprise you all... dudes a full solid 200lbs.. no more cutting weight or water.. he will be able to absorb punches, and he will have more power than normal.

Weigh in pics dont mean **** as far as how a fighter will perform in the ring, or how good of shape they are in.

Ive seen the ripped Jones for Bernard, where he seemingly did nothing.

Ive seen soft fighters at a weigh in have tons of energy for a fight, and ripped fighters at a weigh in, gas 3 rounds into a fight.
    True. But this is the worst i've ever seen Roy look.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
      if his personal goal to accomplish by dropping back down was to get knocked out, then well done

he didn't need to prove anything at 175 imo.
      Actually, Bob Fitsimmons was the first MW to win a HW title, but after he won the HW title, he dropped back down and regained the LHW championship.

When Roy went from MW to HW, he matched what Bob Fitzsimmons did 102 years prior... but to truly match what Bob had done... Roy ALSO needed to go back down and regain the LHW championship... which is exactly what he did.

MW - HW is hard... HW back down to LHW is just as hard.

Comment

Reed could most definitely be right............Ive seen very soft and non muscular looking fighters that kick some serious ass. Thatweight Roy lost for Tarver killed him. Plus, I actually just watched the video.....he doesnt look as unhealthy and soft as you think by still shots. He's a big fella.....198.5.....I didnt expect him to come in this heavy....but he's pumped...you could see it. But, we shall find out tomorrow. Anyone know of links yet.............still have yet to find one. If yall have a good one....send me a message!!!

Comment

if his personal goal to accomplish by dropping back down was to get knocked out, then well done

he didn't need to prove anything at 175 imo.
          LOL well he wanted to be the 2nd man in 100 years to win HW title then drop back down and reclaim 175 title which he did something that gets overlooked even from me.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
            Maybe. Still, that's far better that James Toney looks like. Fairly decent shape, in a way. But sure much worse than I've seen him. The tank-like build might work for him this time... Hope he does well in there.
            Roys one of my very favourite ALL TIME fighters but in a way i almost want him to lose (without getting hurt) so he is encourafed to retire, he's done finished spent! And its getting hard to watch as a big fan. I cant see the build working for him, he has established the type of fighter he is and what works for him, cant see him switching it up with any success at this age and point in his career. Imagine showing a 25 year old Jones this pic and telling him he would be fighting at this age and in this shape with all these loses on his record.......

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              Roy will surprise you all... dudes a full solid 200lbs.. no more cutting weight or water.. he will be able to absorb punches, and he will have more power than normal.

Weigh in pics dont mean **** as far as how a fighter will perform in the ring, or how good of shape they are in.

Ive seen the ripped Jones for Bernard, where he seemingly did nothing.

Ive seen soft fighters at a weigh in have tons of energy for a fight, and ripped fighters at a weigh in, gas 3 rounds into a fight.
              Whilst I admire your confidence in Roy, the end is probably here.

Roy doesn't have it anymore, and he's giving away many of his attributes already with the weight. He's old, and well past his prime, his speed will not be there either or his reflexes. Lebedev will be able to tee off on Roy cause he won't be able to slip, weave, roll, with the punches.

I'm just hoping Roy doesn't get hurt badly.

Comment

sad

Roy looks

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                  I'm just hoping Roy doesn't get hurt badly.
                  Me too dude, Roy needs to think about his health and his life after boxing now. He is one of the best that EVER did it and theres nothing left to prove

Comment

I wanna see Roy sit down on a few of his punches with this build... I have a feeling he's gonna be backing his own punch... and that straight right is going to land at will.

WHile Lebedev does have a good punch himself.. he isn't a volume puncher, and he isn't a rusher... he boxes, with little to no head movement or defense.

If Roy can stay at least semi- mobile, provide some angles, and sit down on some punches to keep Denis honest, then we've got a fight.

Comment

r.i.p jones

Comment

Working...
                      X