Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM Agreed, PAC Hasn't Signed, Now Is The Perfect Time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
    It's basically what i've agreed on your previous post but you haven't answered why is one held on higher standards?
    I understand why the media might, or casual's might. I mean, Floyd's an egotistical assh*le. I get that.

But as actual avid fans of the sport? I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchill79 View Post
      Pac should make a youtube video saying ill take the test and I want to fight Mayweather. No unrealistic BS cut off dates

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I understand why the media might, or casual's might. I mean, Floyd's an egotistical assh*le. I get that.

But as actual avid fans of the sport? I have no idea.
        Great reply man.
        But one thing i wanna know...
        What you can consider as avid fans of the sports, can't we call the media, well at least those who are covering boxing, also as much a rabid fan of the sports just like other individual avid boxing fans? Some of these media people in boxing has been there already for more than half of their lifetime, so they are really avid fans of the sport and not only of boxers or a certain boxer, right?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          obviously it's a fanbase war so you can't expect both sides to agree on something. i agree with you though that both of them are divas. they need to start fresh with a new negotiation if they really want to fight...bring up what happened in the past will not help. the problem is who's going to make the first move? some say floyd already did with his fighthype videos but i don't think so...he can't even declare that he's going to fight again. he should do that first before putting up his demands.
          Of course. But, alot of us on this board and in this very thread aren't fanboys. So I don't see why we should 'play fanboy' because the majority of NSB are fanboys and won't agree with a reasonable argument.

Like I said, I get why the fanboys say what they say, but as fans, I don't.

I agree, they should start fresh. I don't hold much stock in these videos, but atleast he's talking. Which frustratingly enough he hasn't for over a year. Which is ridiculous.

I think Manny could help the situation by doing more than saying 'talk to my promoter' and 'I don't care about the fight'. I would like him to address Mayweather, saying EVERYTHING he is willing to do and accept to get the fight done, in absolute black and white. Post fight with Shane would have been perfect but ah well.

We'll see. My hopes aren't high at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
            Great reply man.
            But one thing i wanna know...
            What you can consider as avid fans of the sports, can't we call the media, well at least those who are covering boxing, also as much a rabid fan of the sports just like other individual avid boxing fans? Some of these media people in boxing has been there already for more than half of their lifetime, so they are really avid fans of the sport and not only of boxers or a certain boxer, right?
            Mak made a good point about the inactivity which may be thier reasoning. It could also have something to do with Floyd's reluctance to speak on anything for over a year which is equally as ridiculous.

I'm from the UK and boxing isn't in the Media here at all and that also means I obviously can't comment on the media in the U.S.

But from what I gather ESPN shouldn't be allowed to report boxing with the team they have there. And as far as I'm aware are they the leading media for Boxing? I geuinely don't know this so correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

People here needs to understand that Floyd and Pac live different lifestyles and this will attribute to how much they really want to fight each other. The fact is, Floyd has more pressure making this fight than Pac.

Pac - already beloved by his country, whether he wins, lose or draw. It's safe to say that he doesn't care who he fights nowadays for he spends most of his winnings on charity and his congress work. His legacy is sealed and that's the reality of it, so a fight with Floyd is not important.

Floyd - opposite of Pac on how much he's beloved by his country, we all see his rants. He only has one option and that is to win. If he lose, it will only damage his reputation more than it already has. There'a a TON of pressure in his shoulder right now compared to Pac, and not to mention his legal troubles.

People here need to realize the amount of pressure these two fighters are facing, and you can't deny that Pac has it 'easier' than Floyd. But what Floyd and his fans need to understand is you have to earn respect, you don't demand it.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                Starting 1:50

Pac said "They are trying to make me look bad" and that he agreed to floyd's demands...

noooooooooo way... Floyd doesn't try to make people look bad at all. Floyd throwing out accusations without proof is not intended to make manny look bad, it is just a consequence of trying to make himself look good.. ... Manny is a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  and there is the problem. Neither side is contacting the other side. Both sides are basically saying, "Pac/Floyd knows where to find me."

This is the problem I see... both of them are such divas that they wont call each other.. Both dont think they need each other so the Boxing fan lose..

Comment

Mak made a good point about the inactivity which may be thier reasoning. It could also have something to do with Floyd's reluctance to speak on anything for over a year which is equally as ridiculous.

I'm from the UK and boxing isn't in the Media here at all and that also means I obviously can't comment on the media in the U.S.

But from what I gather ESPN shouldn't be allowed to report boxing with the team they have there. And as far as I'm aware are they the leading media for Boxing? I geuinely don't know this so correct me if I'm wrong.
                    ESPN is the biggest sports network in the US but biggest boxing media I can't really say we have one. But the overall coverage of all sports that ESPN covers has gone way down. ESPN is more about entertainment now than say sports news and journalism. ESPN is like a sports tabloid channel and website.

Comment

Of course. But, alot of us on this board and in this very thread aren't fanboys. So I don't see why we should 'play fanboy' because the majority of NSB are fanboys and won't agree with a reasonable argument.

Like I said, I get why the fanboys say what they say, but as fans, I don't.

I agree, they should start fresh. I don't hold much stock in these videos, but atleast he's talking. Which frustratingly enough he hasn't for over a year. Which is ridiculous.

I think Manny could help the situation by doing more than saying 'talk to my promoter' and 'I don't care about the fight'. I would like him to address Mayweather, saying EVERYTHING he is willing to do and accept to get the fight done, in absolute black and white. Post fight with Shane would have been perfect but ah well.

We'll see. My hopes aren't high at the moment.
                      i agree...they should meet halfway if they realy want to fight. and if they do i hope they limit the participation of media. their's just too much speculations in media about this fight. all these fanboys stuff in nsb are all fueled by media. you look at each pac-floyd debate in nsb and it's all about what they read from media articles which nobody really knows whether those are accurate or not.
                      anyway, just like you my hopes are not high either. it's just sad if we fail to see this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X