Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Martinez: Arum Feels Weight Gap is Too Much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd and Pacquiao are #1 and #2 pound for pound. Sergio on many is #3 and can still make 154.....it makes sense to make a fight with Floyd or Pacquiao at 154, and then move up to 168 afterwards to challege the Super 6 tourney winner. Martinez has earned these two possible fights IMO. Could it be because Martinez is another "SLICK" fighter with good foot speed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
      Pac can beat Martinezjust doesn't have to
      long as Floyd still ducking Pac this is always a last ditch option
      Pac can take care of Ortiz and/or Bradley, then fight Martinez
      Rubbish, no way Pac beats Martinez.

I would give him props if he fought Ortiz, but I can't see that happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        In other words: Martinez's style, power and speed is something we rather not deal with right now. To contradict ourselves though we will go after a fat bloated JMM who has not proven himself above 135 and we will fight him at 147.

------Arum
        " It is fair for Marquez to jump TWO DIVISIONS, but not Pacquiao ".....
        ~ Bob Arum

Comment

• Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
          Williams is smaller than Martinez, Pavlik I agree

Cotto >>>>>>>>> any of the last 5 Martinez opponets.

No its not. FLoyd beat a inactive Oscar, but Floyd win was legint, Pacquiao winning a belt against Margarito at a 150 catchweight was/is a farse.

Just because you beat a bum at a weight doesnt mean he should fight at that particular weight.

Martinez fighting Pacquiao or Floyd is a ***** move from Martinez

True..

People seem to forget Arum placed that 154lb belt as a marketing tool when anyone in their right mind knows they both dont really deserve it and the 150lb weight stipulation was enforced to help Margarito make a decent weight since he has trouble going down to 147... Pac barley even made 150, fight night weight was under 148 I believe..

But honestly out of the two, Pac and May, May would be the better option size wise.. Floyd shoulda been fighting more WW and possibly testing the waters more at 154 to solidify his greatness but instead Floyd passed up on how many WW, sat out and retired for some time, and is currently on another vacation..

If I were a diehard Floyd fan, I would want Floyd to take on a Martinez at 154.. Beating a Martinez would say alot..

Comment

• martinez is too big , if pac takes this fight and wins thats gonna be something

Comment

• Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
              All Martinez has to do is stay around the 154 mark and he will get it.

Pacquiao will beat Martinez, but this fight isn't happening before a Floyd vs Pacquiao fight.
              You are a dreamer for thinking that Pac would even take that fight !!

Comment

• Originally posted by | THE KING | View Post
                Yea.. that shit was ****ing lame.. It's like Mosley was scared of getting beat up and Pacquiao was scared to hurt him.. I ain't Floyds #1 fan but when Mosley tried that tapping gloves shit with him.. Floyd socked'em in the mouth..
                HAHAHAHAH yeah cuz jr wouldn't put up with mosley's high 5ive Disstraction AHAHAHAHA he gets u out of your game plan by high 5ive...HAHAHAHA what a joke that was i was just about to throw the TV out of the window

Comment

• Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                  Cotto is a WW, so yeah, Id agree he loses to Pavlik. At WW he rapes Williams!!
                  Cotto sure didn't think that. Him and Arum never considered him as a possible opponent even though Williams kept calling him out.

Comment

• Lets be real here, who doesn't want to fight the two biggest money, most popular fighters in the world? So it's absolutely OK for Martinez to want to fight Floyd and/or Pac. And, he has every right to call them out. And, is not like he's calling them out in a division that they have never competed before. He's willing to go down to a weight-class were both one "titles" in. So there is nothing wrong with what Martinez is doing. He shouldn't get no hate for this.

However, both Floyd and Pac have absolutely every right to say "thanks, but no thanks." They're not campeigning at 154. That's not their division. It was known that both fighters would do a one and done deal at 154 and go back and campaign at 147 a more natural weight-class for both. And, this was known before Martinez KO'd P-Will. So them not wanting to fight Martinez at a weight-class they didn't feel comfortable in and absolutely fine. And, it's not a duck in my book. And, I don't see how anybody could call it a duck.

Saying all that if either Floyd or Pac have one fight at 154 or above and is not against Martinez then you can call one or the other a duck. Until that day though everybody who's *****ing for either side can eat a dick and STFU.

Comment

• Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                      True..

People seem to forget Arum placed that 154lb belt as a marketing tool when anyone in their right mind knows they both dont really deserve it and the 150lb weight stipulation was enforced to help Margarito make a decent weight since he has trouble going down to 147... Pac barley even made 150, fight night weight was under 148 I believe..

But honestly out of the two, Pac and May, May would be the better option size wise.. Floyd shoulda been fighting more WW and possibly testing the waters more at 154 to solidify his greatness but instead Floyd passed up on how many WW, sat out and retired for some time, and is currently on another vacation..

If I were a diehard Floyd fan, I would want Floyd to take on a Martinez at 154.. Beating a Martinez would say alot..
                      That belt that pAC dropped after beating tony was a Halarious joke the guy cant even fight at that weight to defend it..it was the same belt Canelo v hatton fought for ANOTHER JOKE!!! Everyone knew that belt that pAC fought for was a Joke

Comment

Working...
                      X