Why did HBO cut Manny PAcquiao?

Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FerdinandMarcos
    Banned
    • Oct 2010
    • 2110
    • 72
    • 0
    • 2,223

    #51
    Originally posted by Freedom.
    Because Kery Davis and Ross Greenburg only like black boxers.


    So...

    You hate Black fighters/people.

    You can't expect everybody to be an insecure racist b*tch.

    Comment

    • Left Hook Tua
      VATNIK
      Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
      • Apr 2008
      • 62306
      • 7,010
      • 1,581
      • 951,318

      #52
      Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood
      Some of you need to get your facts straight, like always.


      HBO did not want to buy Cotto-Mayorga, they chose to air Dzinzuruk-Martinez instead.

      Here's a paragraph straight from ESPN.

      Arum turned to Showtime to get involved with Cotto-Mayorga because he is angry at HBO for turning down a live network fight between Cotto, long a network staple, and 2004 U.S. Olympian Vanes Martirosyan, especially because Cotto's fight against Yuri Foreman last summer generated the network's highest boxing rating of the year.

      Top Rank promoter Bon Arum closed a deal with Showtime and sister network CBS to handle the pay-per-view fight between pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley -- instead of stalwart HBO -- multiple sources told ESPN.com on Friday.


      HBO and Bob Arum are still doing business together though. But Bob Arum thought he could one-up on HBO by going to Showtime for the Pac fight. Since has Showtime been a bigger budget boxing network than HBO, please, Showtime outbidding HBO for a fight? HBO did offer at the Pacquiao-Mosley fight, but make no mistake, Bob Arum met with Ross Greenburg to hear the deal, and no matter what deal it was, he was still going to go to Showtime just get back at HBO for choosing Martinez-Dzinziruk over Cotto-Mayorga.
      1. cotto-vanes not cotto-mayorga. hbo didn't buy cotto-vanes. that's why arum went with cotto-mayorga.

      says right there in what you cut and pasted. read what you post.

      2. bigger boxing budget has nothing to do with ppv fights. they don't pay for ppv fights out of their budget.

      3. showtime outbid hbo with the promise of cbs tv network coverage. something hbo couldn't match.

      Comment

      • ModernTalking
        Cuckold **** Connoisseur
        Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
        • Jan 2010
        • 6621
        • 272
        • 0
        • 13,009

        #53
        If it's selling over 50k, they don't want it. That's why they told Manny to take a hike.

        Comment

        • Check_hooks
          The Don of NSB
          Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
          • Feb 2010
          • 12099
          • 966
          • 1,875
          • 25,959

          #54
          Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood
          And exactly what boxing fan wanted to see Cotto vs Mayorga? 200 thousand Puerto Ricans bought that fight, great for Cotto. But nobody else wanted to see that fight. Every one on Boxingscene was more excited for the Martinez fight.

          And what were the viewer numbers for the Martinez fight? Can you guys please start backing up what you say with numbers, links, videos, anything!?
          200k PPV buys is alot. Its the 2nd highest selling PPV of the year by far. The Mayorga trash talk before the fight really sold it. Your post is full of exaggerations it makes you look like a moron. The Majority of people were way more excited for the Cotto Mayorga fight. I heard ZERO promotion from the Martinez-Drizurick fight and had never heard or seen Drizurick fight before that.

          The fact is that Cotto has done more for HBO than every fighter not named Pac or Floyd in the last decade and HBO ****ted on him. Cotto vs Foreman was the highest rated fight for HBO for the whole year in 2010. HBO has decided to sleep with GBP and it has cost them over 1.4 million PPVS so far this year. That number will AT LEAST double after Cotto fights Chavez Jr and Pac fights Marquez.

          To sum it up HBO picked the wrong promotional company to side with and their sporting department will have its budget slashed even further to the point where they will have almost nothing to pay for fights. Ross Greenburg will be fired because he has already cost HBO millions of dollars in revenue.
          Last edited by Check_hooks; 05-11-2011, 03:23 PM.

          Comment

          • Bee Keepz
            Undisputed Champion
            Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
            • Jan 2010
            • 1872
            • 67
            • 0
            • 8,119

            #55
            My gripe is that:

            The main event fighters make too much money.

            Showcase some young stars - Gamboa, Rigondeaux, Donaire-Montiel on that million PPVs would have been awesome.

            They should use Pacquiao's fame to get some of these guys exposure, trickle some of that multi-million purse from the main event.

            Comment

            • Dudley
              Undisputed Champion
              Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
              • Jun 2010
              • 1116
              • 67
              • 0
              • 7,510

              #56
              Wow!

              Does anyone else see it?

              Every post starts out setting up a premise, in this case getting facts. Then turns into a FOX new debauchery of an alleged synopsis of misinformation.

              I mean, who watches boxing anymore? Fighters fight. Too many fan boys for both Manny and Floyd doing their talking for them. Boxing made both Floyd and Manny And whoever is putting these fights on need to get their **** together. As far as I'm concerned Both Showtime and HBO need to take a stand and grow some balls. Get this **** made, or both these ****ers can go into hiding.

              Comment

              • Paclan
                Banned
                • Feb 2011
                • 2824
                • 151
                • 61
                • 3,310

                #57
                They didn't cut him, he left

                so he could get the CBS exposure.

                HBO= 30m Homes

                CBS= 130m Homes

                HBO cutting Pac is like The PGA cutting Tiger woods- get real.

                Comment

                • Dudley
                  Undisputed Champion
                  Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 1116
                  • 67
                  • 0
                  • 7,510

                  #58
                  Originally posted by Paclan
                  They didn't cut him, he left

                  so he could get the CBS exposure.

                  HBO= 30m Homes

                  CBS= 130m Homes

                  HBO cutting Pac is like The PGA cutting Tiger woods- get real.
                  Did you read the whole post. Did you notice I asked if they cut Mayweather too. See what your problem is, You don't think, you react because you assume I'm like you, you........I watch boxing, not just one fighter. So you get real PACLAN... and your Girlfriend *****s go take walk. I can't wait till this fight is over too never hear from the both of you as.swagoners... Oxygen thief.

                  Comment

                  • mic573
                    Undisputed Champion
                    Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 4646
                    • 98
                    • 14
                    • 11,280

                    #59
                    HBO didn't cut Pacquiao. Arum was mad because HBO didn't pick up the Cotto/Mayorga fight so he decided to take the bigger Pacquiao/Mosley promotion to Showtime just to show that he didn't need HBO.

                    Believe me though, if Arum wanted HBO to show the next Pacquiao fight HBO would be all over it. HBO is just talking **** right now but who else is going to generate the rating and ppv buys that Pacquiao can bring? Don't say Mayweather because he is on "vacation" and isn't planning a return anytime soon.

                    Comment

                    • Dudley
                      Undisputed Champion
                      Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 1116
                      • 67
                      • 0
                      • 7,510

                      #60
                      Originally posted by mic573
                      HBO didn't cut Pacquiao. Arum was mad because HBO didn't pick up the Cotto/Mayorga fight so he decided to take the bigger Pacquiao/Mosley promotion to Showtime just to show that he didn't need HBO.

                      Believe me though, if Arum wanted HBO to show the next Pacquiao fight HBO would be all over it. HBO is just talking **** right now but who else is going to generate the rating and ppv buys that Pacquiao can bring? Don't say Mayweather because he is on "vacation" and isn't planning a return anytime soon.
                      yeah those where the major points people covered unbias to a certain point. Thanks for further clarifying. I thought They would have cut Mayweather also but i guess it was just a one fight scenario. Cheers mate!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      TOP