No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Pacquiao-Mosley, Horrible For Shane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
    I believe that's half of it, the other half was him being completely gun shy in fear of getting KO'd after the 3rd round, which he has never been in any of his 54 previous fights. It was frustrating and sad to see someone like Shane fight the way he did last night. He would have been better off just staying down after the KD in the 3rd if he was just going to avoid contact for the last 9 rounds.
    shane is shot to ****.

he was successful & was no where near dominated (like he was agaisnt mayweather)

he kept pac at the end of his jab and did fairly well.

I'm still kinda shocked......

he REFUSED to take the beating that marg took.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      I think Mayweather put up the better defensive effort. I'm not arguing that.....I'm just saying for someone, who people claim is easy to hit, he put up a great defensive performace.

Compubox only confirms what I saw, which is Manny blocking and avoiding a lot of Mosley's shots. Was it a Pernell Whitaker or Bernard hopkins kinda night, no and I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is his defense looked pretty good last night.
      Yeah, you could definitely see it in the fight. Manny's defense was good and is much improved over his early years where he'd just run in face first

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
        I think Mayweather put up the better defensive effort. I'm not arguing that.....I'm just saying for someone, who people claim is easy to hit, he put up a great defensive performace.

Compubox only confirms what I saw, which is Manny blocking and avoiding a lot of Mosley's shots. Was it a Pernell Whitaker or Bernard hopkins kinda night, no and I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is his defense looked pretty good last night.
        How can you honestly say that Manny had a pretty good defensive effort? For the entire fight, he didn't even have to defend himself really! It was rare that he did. Mosley wasn't throwing punches. Even when Pac was there to be hit, Mosley refused to throw a punch. You didn't hear Tarver complaining about this? You didn't hear Naazim beggin' Shane to throw a punch rather than being on defensive mode?

Mosley was so inactive that if someone wants to claim that the fight was fixed, it would be quite hard to argue against that. It was so bad. This fight proved nothing for Pac. But business wise, he made the easiest $20+ million dollars of the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          How is Shane being shot restrict him from throwing punches?

Arce was considered as shot as Mosley and was simply a lamb being sacrificed and he throw a ton of punches

Pac was literally running at him
          I agree. Also there is Morales who is far more gone than Shane and look at the effort he put up against Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            How is Shane being shot restrict him from throwing punches?

Arce was considered as shot as Mosley and was simply a lamb being sacrificed and he throw a ton of punches

Pac was literally running at him
            you just compared vasquez to pac

hahahahaha

****** russians.

pac is a TOTAL different monster compared to vasquez.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              It didn't look like Pacquiao landed that many shots to me. Must have not been clean shots.
              pac had to land the shots that will count... u cant swing crazy and wildly when ur opponent is back paddling.. its just practicing smart boxing IQ..

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                shane is shot to ****.

he was successful & was no where near dominated (like he was agaisnt mayweather)

he kept pac at the end of his jab and did fairly well.

I'm still kinda shocked......

he REFUSED to take the beating that marg took.
                not to sound racist but what did shane have to prove?? marg had this whole mexican warrior thing that he believes.. mosley was just thinking save energy **** bella later...

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
                  Well you're going to expect some differences from everyone's punch stats due to human error, but you at least expect them to be what? +/- 5% from each other? In this case the percentage difference is pretty large 552 to 727 is over 30% in difference.

Not a knock on boxing scene, but I agree with you. I will tend to lean towards Showtime's numbers before theirs for obvious reasons.
                  & thats actually the fight that i saw. pac looked like he threw 500 punches vs 700.

i am definitely in agreement with shotime on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
                    I saw the stats while watching last night.

Goes to show Shane was real hesitant to engage because of Manny's power. He simple didn't come to win.
                    Well he--like Cotto--came to win. But once they felt the power and (didn't) see the speed, it was bicycle time.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
                      not to sound racist but what did shane have to prove?? marg had this whole mexican warrior thing that he believes.. mosley was just thinking save energy **** bella later...
                      being a warrior left marg looking like a elephant man. boxing is about strategy......not just primitive slugging (pac would actually love for a fighter to fight him in this way) mosley was trying to stick to a gameplan but obviously it didn't work but he still did fairly well. i tipped my hat to the old bugger.

Comment

Working...
                      X