Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Pacquiao-Mosley, Horrible For Shane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane didn't have a hard time landing on Manny...he just didn't know anything to land.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Showtime had completely different stats

CompuBox have Pacqiauo throwing like 200 punches more than what Showtime said he threw

How is that even possible to mis judge 200 punches?

Compubox also have Shane throwing like 70 punches more than what showtime said he threw and landing 20 punches less than what showtime said he threw

Pretty absurd.
      Yeah they do. I'm looking at it right now. Pac's total punches (in showtime) were 182/552 and Shane's was 82/260. Shane only threw 61 power punches according to the showtime log which is 20 less than the 80 they have here.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybounce View Post
        He wasn't trying because he knows that he cannot beat pacman, compared to Floyd fight, He was trying because that was a winnable fight. make sense?
        No, in the Floyd fight, he saw that he could land a big right hand, and that's all he wanted to do.

In the Pac fight he saw that he could keep Pac at the end of his jab, and that Pac couldn't catch him on the back-foot (very similar to how he had trouble catching Cotto in very similar circumstances) so that all he wanted to do.

When Mosley has a strategy that works, he sticks with it. And when it stops working, he sticks with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybounce View Post
          Are you on drugs or something?
          R u unhappy with the lack of dick-riding in that comment? Serious question

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            92 total punches landed on Floyd, compared to 82 landed on Manny.

46 power punches landed on Floyd, compared to 31 landed on Manny.

FWIW I was actually impressed with Manny's defense last night, and Mosley had a hard time landing on him.
            Manny's defense was good, but the lack of punches landed was mostly (90% probably) due to Shane not wanting to engage and basically running. So in reality Floydie still had the better defensive performance per say (but that's almost expected).

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Showtime had completely different stats

CompuBox have Pacqiauo throwing like 200 punches more than what Showtime said he threw

How is that even possible to mis judge 200 punches?

Compubox also have Shane throwing like 70 punches more than what showtime said he threw and landing 20 punches less than what showtime said he threw

Pretty absurd.
              Very odd indeed...

Guess Showtime has been out of the big fight game for longer than it seemed, they're a bit rusty

Comment

I thought they said compubox didn't do SHO fights?
                At least that's what they said when there were no stats from them for Dirrell v Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by VWEBBJR View Post
                  Shane didn't have a hard time landing on Manny...he just didn't know anything to land.
                  I don't get that last part....

FWIW IMO he did as Manny was blocking a bunch of them and I rarely saw Mosley land flush. This is what I saw and the CompuBox numbers futher back this up.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                    No, in the Floyd fight, he saw that he could land a big right hand, and that's all he wanted to do.

In the Pac fight he saw that he could keep Pac at the end of his jab, and that Pac couldn't catch him on the back-foot (very similar to how he had trouble catching Cotto in very similar circumstances) so that all he wanted to do.

When Mosley has a strategy that works, he sticks with it. And when it stops working, he sticks with it.
                    huh? what? so you mean to say that manny has better defense compared to floyd? I am using your words against you..

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                      Very odd indeed...

Guess Showtime has been out of the big fight game for longer than it seemed, they're a bit rusty
                      Either that or boxingscene counted all the "glove touching" as punches thrown for both fighters and there was about 200 of them

Comment

Working...
                      X