Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ali's fight with Terrell tell us how he'd handle the Klitschkos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali was so good at dodging shots....thats why he is brain dead today.

There are many more examples of flat out bum club fighters landing on Ali...Henry Cooper knocked Ali unconcious...than there are of fighters landing on either Klitschko flush.

This myth that Ali was impossible to hit is hilarious. You know the version that fought Foreman was easy to hit...if he thought he could dodge Foreman's shots he wouldnt have leaned on the ropes. Ken Norton broke the dudes jaw, and Doug Jones right before the Liston fight landed a ton of shots on Ali. He may have danced, but he wasnt hard to hit...his drooling today is proof of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
      Ali was so good at dodging shots....thats why he is brain dead today.... This myth that Ali was impossible to hit is hilarious.
      Of all the nonsense myths surrounding The Clay ("he was so fast", "his foot work was magnificent") the "reflexes myth" is the biggest most outrageous LIE.

I don't know who invented it, but everybody who saw Clay fight (e.g. Clay vs Frazier) and STILL claims he was hard to hit needs a serious brain surgery.

Always remember: after their fight chuvalo went dancing with his wife while The Clay went to the hospital to pass blood for sometime. I guess that was because Clay was such a "reflex wizard".

You know the version that fought Foreman was easy to hit...if he thought he could dodge Foreman's shots he wouldnt have leaned on the ropes
      I forgot, were Ali's intestines ruptured after the fight so his feces got into his bladder? Does anyone know more here?

Comment

Tony Thompson would KO1 Ernie Terrell.
        Tony Thompson would have ruled the whole 1970s.

Comment

If prime Ali fought prime Vitali, Vitali would have beat the Parkinson gene out of Ali, he wouldnt be shaking today, he'd be completely brain dead.
          Do you think this is funny?

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
            I disagree with everything you posted. You write the typical Ali Mythology and Klitschko hating nonsense. You sound like some teen who heard others talk about Ali. Everything you wrote is utterly baseless, and way too much to answer in this thread. In my blog I dissected 80% of what you claim here.
            Now you really made a fool of yourself! I am quite far from being a teen.

What I wrote is because I saw all the Ali fights live! Try to remember son what ASSume means.

Everything you said above is like worshop of the K's. (Teeny or otherwise.)
            I do not hate the K bros. (Unlike your hate of Ali.)

K's are excellent boxers--due to their size mainly. When faced with real competition though they folded or just plain lost.

Do you "think" Vitali beat Lewis, huh? An old, out of shape Lewis still destroyed Vitali, and instead of thanking the ref for him having a career and eyeballs, haters of Lewis or whatever disparage the stoppage.

Ali was no myth--they had to take his belt away from him. He was too good.

Quite sad for both Ali and for boxing that what would have probably been Ali's 3 best years (and boxing history's maybe too) was taken from him and us. Nonetheless he was the best HW in history. Joe Louis was too small and slow (compared to Ali) to be #1, and your K bros are good but more lucky at who the competition has been after Lewis retired.

Simpletons say Ali was a myth because they are incapable of comprehending what he did in his prime. I am not saying he was perfect, no one is. But some of what he did as a heavyweight has never been done before or since. Indeed some of what he did in the ring may not have been done by anyone of any weight.

Comment

For the haters above. In discussing prime Ali:

I refer to Ali from Liston I until they took his title away.

He hardly lost a round in those 3 years or so.

RE Chuvalo, Ali made the mistake of thinking it was OK to let Chuvalo hit him in the side many times. (He mus thav ethought he was inviciblke or such.) I am sure Ali himself would admit that was not the wisest thing to do. Of course, Ali beat Chuvalo 2x.

And after Ali legally changed his name, in 1964, it only shows blind hate or racism (and I am not black) to call him Clay if you are referring to him after that time.

Comment

Originally posted by physiker View Post
                Now you really made a fool of yourself! I am quite far from being a teen.
                I wrote you SOUND like a teen. And no wonder: You watched Ali's fights live ages ago.

K's are excellent boxers--due to their size mainly. When faced with real competition though they folded or just plain lost.
                Wrong. You simply take their losses and define them as "real competition". Had Wlad lost against Sanders you would call Sanders a "bum".

Do you "think" Vitali beat Lewis, huh? An old, out of shape Lewis still destroyed Vitali, and instead of thanking the ref for him having a career and eyeballs, haters of Lewis or whatever disparage the stoppage.
                What has this to do with this topic?

Simpletons say Ali was a myth because they are incapable of comprehending what he did in his prime. I am not saying he was perfect, no one is. But some of what he did as a heavyweight has never been done before or since. Indeed some of what he did in the ring may not have been done by anyone of any weight.
                Spare us this American mythology. I am always astonished how brainwashed Claytons are.

What exactly did he do in his prime? Dodge the draft or swap his belief? Yawn.

Thank god even Americans are unplugging from the Clay matrix now.

And the only reason why you even DARE to compare Clay with Klitschko is because they still keep the division name "heavyweight" although Klitschko is an ultraheavyweight. Would they name it "ultraheavyweight" (or whatever) as they should, people would laugh at you for comparing the Klitschkos to the former sub-cruiser Clay.
                Last edited by hweightblogger; 04-28-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

OK people, let's discuss Ali from Liston I to Zora Folley (his last before they took his title). This includes the great fight with Cleveland Williams.

Comment

OK people, let's discuss Ali from Liston I to Zora Folley (his last before they took his title). This includes the great fight with Cleveland Williams.
                    The fight vs Williams was a disgrace for boxing.

That you even mention it is telling enough.

Moreover this is UTTERLY offtopic.
                    Last edited by hweightblogger; 04-28-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
                      The fight vs Williams was a disgrace for boxing.

That you even mention it is telling enough.

Moreover this is UTTERLY offtopic.
                      Are you female by chance?

Comment

Working...
                      X