No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma's Trainer: Loss Was No Fluke, Just a Bad Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
    So why be stupid and go for a KO when he was barely even landing big shots on him? he obviously had plenty of leg still in him to get up from that vicious punch 3 rounds after he supposely said "his legs were weak" and still lasted 3 more rounds of punishment after that. Sounds like an excuse from our fellow boxer. heck, he was still standing when they stopped the fight!! Probably wasnt even in shape to go 12 rounds which sounds more like it. He thought Salido was a walk in the park. Juanma was too busy talking **** to WV2, pricing himself for Gamboa & talking about his next fight with Rafael Marquez I'm sure he was slacking at not putting in some great and hard work in the gym.
    If he said it early in the fight prior to any real punishment from Salido or any real indication that Salido was going to hurt him, he must have known he was not himself in that ring. It happens... If rumors are true, Lopez was too fat and spent too much time burning that fat off and paid the price. He definitely looked like shyt to me. No real intensity or pop in his shots. He can learn from this and either control his weight or... move up.

Comment

Originally posted by BorderPatrol View Post
      If he said it early in the fight prior to any real punishment from Salido or any real indication that Salido was going to hurt him, he must have known he was not himself in that ring. It happens... If rumors are true, Lopez was too fat and spent too much time burning that fat off and paid the price. He definitely looked like shyt to me. No real intensity or pop in his shots. He can learn from this and either control his weight or... move up.
      Agree but my point is, Juanma going for the early KO is what he always does. Weak legs doesnt make up for his horrible defense and lack of bringing up his guard. If you know your legs are weak or you dont feel like yourself, why take the risk for your opponent taking out your legs completely by opening up to him? Clinch and stay away and take your chances at winning an ugly fight vice trying to impress with a KO when you know your body doesnt have it that night. I honestly think he thought Salido was a walk in the park and he and his team clearly had no option B for this fight since they made no adjustments.

Comment

hopefully lopez puts up a better fight. i do wish salido stops him again and keeps the belt, but juanma honestly didn't look like himself....i think he'll get his belt back, but who knows. it's a lesson learned by juanma for sure though. he should move up soon after this fight. can't wait for the rematch...

Comment

Agree but my point is, Juanma going for the early KO is what he always does. Weak legs doesnt make up for his horrible defense and lack of bringing up his guard. If you know your legs are weak or you dont feel like yourself, why take the risk for your opponent taking out your legs completely by opening up to him? Clinch and stay away and take your chances at winning an ugly fight vice trying to impress with a KO when you know your body doesnt have it that night. I honestly think he thought Salido was a walk in the park and he and his team clearly had no option B for this fight since they made no adjustments.
          I see your point but the weak legs will affect his power and the shots he did land prior to getting TKOd. It also may have made a difference in terms of his being able to move a bit better and not look like a zombie in the pocket. Salido whopped his ass any way you slice it.

Comment

Originally posted by BorderPatrol View Post
            I see your point but the weak legs will affect his power and the shots he did land prior to getting TKOd. It also may have made a difference in terms of his being able to move a bit better and not look like a zombie in the pocket. Salido whopped his ass any way you slice it.
            Yes, we agree weak legs does affect his power which makes no sense as to why he would try to go for the KO when he had weak legs or power to do so. Agree, Salido did whopp his ass and all props to him but I hope Juanma's trainer makes adjustments and not come out if Juanma loses again and say something like the win was a fluke this time because it was clear Salido camp's gameplan was better than his this night.
            Last edited by boricuajr23; 04-22-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

So why be stupid and go for a KO when he was barely even landing big shots on him? he obviously had plenty of leg still in him to get up from that vicious punch 3 rounds after he supposely said "his legs were weak" and still lasted 3 more rounds of punishment after that. Sounds like an excuse from our fellow boxer. heck, he was still standing when they stopped the fight!! Probably wasnt even in shape to go 12 rounds which sounds more like it. He thought Salido was a walk in the park. Juanma was too busy talking **** to WV2, pricing himself for Gamboa & talking about his next fight with Rafael Marquez I'm sure he was slacking at not putting in some great and hard work in the gym.
              Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
              Really?! He flat out told him that he didn't have his legs and he felt weak?
              Yes he did, just watched the fight after round 1 and round 4

Comment

[QUOTE=El C@cique@PR;10421144]IAGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU!!!
                Cuban thats the exact **** I told DR. Guillermo Campos(Juanmas Cut-Man), I told him how the **** you guys dont notice Juanma lack of defense and that he has been getting worst wich each fight, apparently Juanma's trainer does as Juanma says, so in reality he aint getting train, he trains himself, not because Juanma is a arrogant prick who doest listen to his trainer, is because they are a bunch of amateurs that dont know how to controlled Juanma. Dr. Campos is somewhat pissed with Caraballo's performance as juanmas trainer.

You will see some problems arising because of it QUOTE]

Especially now that you spilt the beans

No for real though I eard similar that Juanma basically trains himself.

And I like the idea of Roach as his trainer. He has taken a lot of damage since the Mtagwa fight, hopefully he can come back strong--needs a lot of work with a good trainer.

Comment

Foot work, you said it. Juanma is a plodder, as long as he doesn't have to move he can fight his fight, but it's getting late for him to learn how to dance.

Comment

Freddie Roach or Emanuel Steward can only help so much. It's still up to Juanma to stay focused and disciplined leading up to and during the course of a fight. But I know he wont change trainers until he loses again. Just like Cotto, took two losses to finally wake his ass up and get a new trainer. I HOPE it doesn't take Juanma another L to do the same.

Comment

I don't get this........

Cotto/JuanMa aren't clinching: His stans say "They need to clinch!".

When Mosley was clinching Cotto nonstop when they fought: Mosley is making the fight boring, he is clinching, fight like a man.

Funny how clinching only changes when it comes to their fav boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X