Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma's Trainer: Loss Was No Fluke, Just a Bad Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen juanma knows how to box and jab, he knows how to move etc. Salido isnt s more talented fighter than juanma BUT<----- and its a big but Salido is more dissaplined than Juanma and from the looks of it so are most mexican fighters(and it hurts to say that) while juanma was getting fatter and fatter Salido was training for his next war who ever it was... i heard that in an interview with arum he said that juanma went to paquiao's B-Day party and he was between 170 to 180 lbs... when they did one of the first press confrences for the fight salido said that juanma looked like he weighed 150 lbs and juanma said that he was at about welter weight... he looked dead tired in the third round because he spent his whole camp dropping weight thinking well my punching power will get me the win... wich brings me to another point about rican fighters listen speed beats power im sick of rican fighter and fans looking for KO's trying to be the next Tito.... juanma didnt set up none of his power shots(tito set up all his power shot) he just goes out there and tries to hit his opponent with the counter right hook.....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Here's a post I made shortly before the Lopez-Salido bout:

I'm looking forward to this fight. Salido is tough, but he's a very hit-able opponent. Orlando has said he wants to be hyper-aggressive in this bout. It seems like that'll play right into Lopez's plans, as JuanMa seems interested in developing as a boxer. Lopez intends to use Saturday's fight as a tune-up for Marquez II. JuanMa probably doesn't want to get into another slugfest with Rafa.

I see an exhibition on the horizon. I think Lopez will do exactly as he said. It'll be interesting to see JuanMa break down a worthy Salido and drop the hammer late. If that doesn't happen, it might mean a war.

My thoughts were that JuanMa and his team were conscious that he needed to go back to boxing fundamentals, that he needed to start avoiding brawls. Either Lopez's team dropped the ball, or JuanMa simply can't be counted on to keep his cool under fire. If I (and some others on these boards) could see potential disaster in Lopez's approach, why not a (supposedly) professional team? JuanMa will be back, but it took an unnecessary TKO to wake everyone up.
      Originally posted by Illdil View Post
      U know what now that i think about it u maybe right bro i think roach should b a good fit for juanma cuz hes a southpaw himself juanma has potential but he has terrible flaws he needs to correct right away..no excuses..If juanma dont correct even half of the mistakes he makes in the rematch He is gona b KO'd this time cuz salido knows he can out bang Juanma and he has tremendous confidence going into a rematch..
      IAGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU!!!
      Cuban thats the exact **** I told DR. Guillermo Campos(Juanmas Cut-Man), I told him how the **** you guys dont notice Juanma lack of defense and that he has been getting worst wich each fight, apparently Juanma's trainer does as Juanma says, so in reality he aint getting train, he trains himself, not because Juanma is a arrogant prick who doest listen to his trainer, is because they are a bunch of amateurs that dont know how to controlled Juanma. Dr. Campos is somewhat pissed with Caraballo's performance as juanmas trainer.

You will see some problems arising because of it.

Comment

Its not about who is more talented. Talent is one piece to the package. As a package, Salido is the superior fighter. Better fight plan, better chin, better defense, MUCH better power in the fight between them.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
          juanma's a pretty good boxer but he just gets carried away and starts to trade punches in most of his fights...salido and his team obviously noticed this and capitalized on it

as for the excuses part...juanma didnt make any and neither did his trainer...bob arum and some of the nuthuggers are clearly delusional
          not ONCE did juanma or anyone in his circle ever make an excuse for the loss. not ONCE!!!!!!!!! even when reporters tried to give him an excuse, he didnt take it. im a fan of lopez now because he didnt cry and say i loss because,,,,,, he took his loss like a man and asked for a re match. if he boxes in the rematch he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
            I totally agree with everything you said buddy, except the trainers you mentioned.

the only guy capable of turning Juanma around is Freddie Roach
            roach does not teach capable defense. name one roach fighter that has notable defense. and dont say james toney he learned his defense from the old heads in detroit. pac is the same as lopez except he has good ofense to dig himself out of trouble. manny stewart is the man lopez needs. NOW.

Comment

INACTIVITY and OVER LOOKING YOUR OPPONENT will hurt any fighter, JuanMa's second longest time being inactive hurt him bad. Not to mention he was looking past Salido. Salido is a good fighter but not A Class. I have NO doubt JuanMa will KO Salido next time and He will KO Gamboa too. Mark my words.

Comment

I dont know why some fighters are to proud to clinch. IMO, if Juanma would've cliched instead of trying to trade while being hurt, he might have survived and might have gotten his legs back. Juanma knows how to box and he needed to keep his distance. Salido style looks like it can give Juanma problems in a rematch again. Juanma needs to make adjustments and someone has to remind him that his opponents punch back too.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                  I dont know why some fighters are to proud to clinch. IMO, if Juanma would've cliched instead of trying to trade while being hurt, he might have survived and might have gotten his legs back. Juanma knows how to box and he needed to keep his distance. Salido style looks like it can give Juanma problems in a rematch again. Juanma needs to make adjustments and someone has to remind him that his opponents punch back too.
                  Wrong buddy, watch the fight again and listen when the camaras go to the corners, in the 2nd round Juanma tells his that he didnt had his legs with him and that he felt weak. In the 4th routh he told them that he was dead, that he had nothing taht he would try to KO Salido fast or else he was doomed. He himself said it.

Comment

Wrong buddy, watch the fight again and listen when the camaras go to the corners, in the 2nd round Juanma tells his that he didnt had his legs with him and that he felt weak. In the 4th routh he told them that he was dead, that he had nothing taht he would try to KO Salido fast or else he was doomed. He himself said it.

So why be stupid and go for a KO when he was barely even landing big shots on him? he obviously had plenty of leg still in him to get up from that vicious punch 3 rounds after he supposely said "his legs were weak" and still lasted 3 more rounds of punishment after that. Sounds like an excuse from our fellow boxer. heck, he was still standing when they stopped the fight!! Probably wasnt even in shape to go 12 rounds which sounds more like it. He thought Salido was a walk in the park. Juanma was too busy talking **** to WV2, pricing himself for Gamboa & talking about his next fight with Rafael Marquez I'm sure he was slacking at not putting in some great and hard work in the gym.

Comment

Really?! He flat out told him that he didn't have his legs and he felt weak?

Comment

Working...
                      X