No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma's Trainer: Loss Was No Fluke, Just a Bad Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ex-pacfan View Post
    why didn't the ref of the pac/margo fight do margo a favor before manny cracked margo's f--kn skull (literally). i'll tell you why. because they're professionals these are guys who signed the dotted line and said "yes, i would like to endure 36 minutes of blunt trauma to the head for a check". in the words of hyman roth "this (sniff)... is the business we've chosen".
    Rick James, "Cocaine is a dangerous drug."

Comment

yes, juanma was getting beat on. yes, he looked like ****. but, he was still throwing punches. granted, salido is a f--kn warrior and a caveman, but, so is juanma. whether or not juanma would have came back, we'll never know because of inadequate officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        better start teaching juanma the better points of a good jab and defense
        Couldn't have said it better

Comment

This dude Juanma needs serious work he has to know how to protect himself at all times ASAP...the guy loves to slug its hilarious how easily he gets into trading with the opponent after the other fighter connects not that its a bad thing but he needs to stay discipline throughout the whole Damn fight...the guy literally has next to no discipline to control hes urge to trade with the opponent ...

1) DEFENCE!!!!!...He needs serious work on hes defence the guy fights with hes hands down so much he reminds me of a Puerto rican version of Ricky hatton!!! who does he think he is pernell whitaker!!!?? He was literally getting hit by Ferocious haymaker after haymaker by Salido at POINT BLANK RANGE!!!

2)FOOTWORK!!...WHAT!!?? this guy has next to no footwork he needs to know when to back away and when to push forward and circle

3) JAB!!!...Where the Hell is hes jab!! the guy literally gets nailed every time he steps in

4)PATIENCE!!...the guy wants to brawl every time he gets hit or under pressure

5)DEFENCE WHILE TRADING!!....OMG does juanma love to put hes hands down and trade and get caught and get seriously hurt!!!.. if your throwing a right hook( juanma's Fav) keep your left hand up near the left side of the cheek cuz u r now protected against a hook coming in from the opposite side and for the left hook do the same keep your right hand up ..

6) NEEDS A NEW TRAINER ASAP!!! Emanuel steward/Nacho/Garcia etc
          Last edited by Illdil; 04-22-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            This is a trainer making excuses w/o a game plan and about to lose
            a paycheck.

Comment

This dude Juanma needs serious work he has to know how to protect himself at all times ASAP...the guy loves to slug its hilarious how easily he gets into trading with the opponent after the other fighter connects not that its a bad thing but he needs to stay discipline throughout the whole Damn fight...the guy literally has next to no discipline to control hes urge to trade with the opponent ...

1) DEFENCE!!!!!...He needs serious work on hes defence the guy fights with hes hands down so much he reminds me of a Puerto rican version of Ricky hatton!!! who does he think he is pernell whitaker!!!?? He was literally getting hit by Ferocious haymaker after haymaker by Salido at POINT BLANK RANGE!!!

2)FOOTWORK!!...WHAT!!?? this guy has next to no footwork he needs to know when to back away and when to push forward and circle

3) JAB!!!...Where the Hell is hes jab!! the guy literally gets nailed every time he steps in

4)PATIENCE!!...the guy wants to brawl every time he gets hit or under pressure

5)DEFENCE WHILE TRADING!!....OMG does juanma love to put hes hands down and trade and get caught and get seriously hurt!!!.. if your throwing a right hook( juanma's Fav) keep your left hand up near the left side of the cheek cuz u r now protected against a hook coming in from the opposite side and for the left hook do the same keep your right hand up ..

I totally agree with everything you said buddy, except the trainers you mentioned.

the only guy capable of turning Juanma around is Freddie Roach

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                I totally agree with everything you said buddy, except the trainers you mentioned.

the only guy capable of turning Juanma around is Freddie Roach
                Hmmm idk know bro Freddie roach is a great trainer but Idk whether Juanma will click with him Idk Emanuel is doing a good job with cotto IMO he has thought him how to protect himself more move alot more and throw that Shotgun jab of hes IDK is 50/50 IMO but he needs to get rid of that trainer of hes what a frikin joke that corner is

Comment

Hmmm idk know bro Freddie roach is a great trainer but Idk whether Juanma will click with him Idk Emanuel is doing a good job with cotto IMO he has thought him how to protect himself more move alot more and throw that Shotgun jab of hes IDK is 50/50 IMO but he needs to get rid of that trainer of hes what a frikin joke that corner is
                  Freddie Roach is great with soutpaws, look what he did with Moorer and Manny(specially Manny)

Roach style is perfect for Juanma, Juanma just needs to be smart and get in touch with Freddie, this being loyal to your trainer thing is ****ing played out. He dont need to fire the guy, he just needs to put him in a secondary role and make roach the head trainer!!!

Comment

Here's a post I made shortly before the Lopez-Salido bout:

I'm looking forward to this fight. Salido is tough, but he's a very hit-able opponent. Orlando has said he wants to be hyper-aggressive in this bout. It seems like that'll play right into Lopez's plans, as JuanMa seems interested in developing as a boxer. Lopez intends to use Saturday's fight as a tune-up for Marquez II. JuanMa probably doesn't want to get into another slugfest with Rafa.

I see an exhibition on the horizon. I think Lopez will do exactly as he said. It'll be interesting to see JuanMa break down a worthy Salido and drop the hammer late. If that doesn't happen, it might mean a war.

My thoughts were that JuanMa and his team were conscious that he needed to go back to boxing fundamentals, that he needed to start avoiding brawls. Either Lopez's team dropped the ball, or JuanMa simply can't be counted on to keep his cool under fire. If I (and some others on these boards) could see potential disaster in Lopez's approach, why not a (supposedly) professional team? JuanMa will be back, but it took an unnecessary TKO to wake everyone up.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                      Freddie Roach is great with soutpaws, look what he did with Moorer and Manny(specially Manny)

Roach style is perfect for Juanma, Juanma just needs to be smart and get in touch with Freddie, this being loyal to your trainer thing is ****ing played out. He dont need to fire the guy, he just needs to put him in a secondary role and make roach the head trainer!!!
                      U know what now that i think about it u maybe right bro i think roach should b a good fit for juanma cuz hes a southpaw himself juanma has potential but he has terrible flaws he needs to correct right away..no excuses..If juanma dont correct even half of the mistakes he makes in the rematch He is gona b KO'd this time cuz salido knows he can out bang Juanma and he has tremendous confidence going into a rematch..

Comment

Working...
                      X