Pac-SSM for WW Lineal Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    That's good, now we have clarity.

just to keep the debate going, if pac fought ortiz, the winner still wouldn't be a true lineal champ.
    It would be one confusing situation.

There is still quite alot of people who don't consider Mayweather the Lineal Champion...

If Pac were to fight Ortiz after Mosley, many people would be claiming that is for the Lineal title.

It's a good job Pac-Ortiz is unlikely to happen in that sense.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

If Pac were to fight Ortiz after Mosley, many people would be claiming that is for the Lineal title.
      Considerable also. since Floyd retired after Baldomir.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Except, according to The Ring rules, there needs to be a reason if it isn't #1 Vs #2...

What's Shane's reason?
        well, it aint possible for pac to fight ortiz in may , so there goes the reason...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          well, it aint possible for pac to fight ortiz in may , so there goes the reason...
          that's not a reason because pac and ortiz can still fight later on.

use #1 bradley vs #3 alexander as an example. They didn't make it for the ring belt because khan is active and could very well fight the winner at some point. same would hold true for pac-smm, winner could easily fight ortiz at some point.

Comment

Again, my argument is not about the Ring belt or ratings.

People that don't hate Pacquiao really think Ortiz should be ranked above Mosley at WW? With one win? His draw with Lamont Peterson was so much better than Mosley's with Mora? Ortiz jumped from 9th at JWW to #2 at WW? People really think Ortiz would have done better against PBF and then stopped Mora at 154? You would bet on Ortiz to beat Shane at 147? I just don't see it unless you are hating on Pacquiao.

I am betting that Ring ****zine realized what would happen if Mosley was ranked higher and decided to move Ortiz up even though they regarded him so lightly at JWW.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              Thus, why the Pac-Shane fight can't be for the Ring title...

Shane was #4 when the fight was signed. He will be #3 by default when they eventually fight.

Pac can't fight anyone other than Shane on May 7th because he is signed to fight Shane...Who as I have just said was #4 when it was signed and #3 by default on May 7th.

It's conclusive, this fight will not be for The Ring belt. And rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by Horvo View Post

People that don't hate Pacquiao really think Ortiz should be ranked above Mosley at WW? With one win? His draw with Lamont Peterson was so much better than Mosley's with Mora? Ortiz jumped from 9th at JWW to #2 at WW? People really think Ortiz would have done better against PBF and then stopped Mora at 154? You would bet on Ortiz to beat Shane at 147? I just don't see it unless you are hating on Pacquiao.

I am betting that Ring ****zine realized what would happen if Mosley was ranked higher and decided to move Ortiz up even though they regarded him so lightly at JWW.
                yes he beat the #3 ww..shane hasnt won in 2 years..pretty simple..wtf does liking or not liking manny have to do with that??its common damn sense

Comment

hell bradley-alexander wasnt for the ring belt why the hell would manny-shane??

Comment

Originally posted by Horvo View Post

Yes. Ortiz has done more at WW in 2011 than Shane has done in over 2 years.

He is a belt holder and has just beaten the #3 in the division. Of course he should be ranked above Shane Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                      that's not a reason because pac and ortiz can still fight later on.

use #1 bradley vs #3 alexander as an example. They didn't make it for the ring belt because khan is active and could very well fight the winner at some point. same would hold true for pac-smm, winner could easily fight ortiz at some point.
                      gotcha.....

Comment

Working...
                      X