No announcement yet.

Ortiz Berto. I scored a DRAW live and watching on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
    Only in the 7th round is there no official precedence for my round score. In every round except the 7th, my scoring is in line with an official judge or two, or three. I simply thought Berto did enough to win a close 7th. Berto won close rounds, Ortiz won BIG rounds and a point was taken from Ortiz so I really did score him winning the fight, if not for the foul.
    Thank goodness you're not a boxing judge. Ortiz clearly won that round.

I think the full range of possible scoring (115-110 to 114-112) was covered by the three judges. They did a good job on this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
      Seems like we have a lot of judges like you which would be a bad thing. Ortiz was robbbed of two points in that fight as well. Legit knockdown in round one and that ****** point taken away for hitting behind the head.

No offense but there's no way in hell that fight was a draw.
      They made a comment on HBO during the replay of Maidana Morales that resonated with me and it was something to the effect of when you are scoring a fight, sometimes the fight you think you just saw looked different than what your own scoring is telling you, that was the case here IMO, at least for me. Go though my round by round and tell me where you disagree with my scoring. The 7th? OK, but I saw it the way I saw it. Every other round? At least one judge agreed with every other round score I made. That first "knockdown" by Ortiz that was ruled a slip? Looked like the first of many shots behind the head from Ortiz, and as for the point being taken away, I am not the ref I did not make that call but I had to subtract the point just like everybody else.

Berto won close rounds
      Ortiz won BIG rounds
      All the knockdowns basically cancel eachother out
      A point was taken from Ortiz

In the end, you see what I ended up with: 113-113

Comment

That fight wasn't a draw it could have been a lil closer some of those rounds could have been swing rounds like when Ortiz is on the outside Berto gets him the best when Ortiz comes in he gets the best.

It's just a matter of what you look for that scores points on your card wether it be boxing from the outside like Berto or Ortiz or then again it's easy to play favorites in a fight like that

Comment

I had it 116-109 for Ortiz. That was not even close to being a draw.

Comment

A draw or an Ortiz win is ok for me. A lot of clinching in that fight. If it wasn't for those, we could have seen a dominant winner.
            Last edited by Larrysbird; 04-18-2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

There is no reasonable argument for this fight being a draw.

Ortiz clearly won.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                There is no reasonable argument for this fight being a draw.
                Baloney, I just made a VERY reasonable argument for a draw score.

Comment

Ortiz clearly won the fight.

Comment

Actually you scored a lot of those rounds for Berto that Ortiz clearly won. You cannot sit on the ropes, throw one punch at a time and win rounds. I don't care if you did land the better shot that round.

BS, Ortiz CLEARLY won that fight and I seriously don't know what you were looking at. He had more knockdowns, landed the better shots and out worked Berto.

Comment

Your reasonable argument is based of official judge scoring, which completely misses the fact that official judges suck and don't have reasonable scorecards.

Also, it's bologna. Not baloney.

Comment

Working...
                      X