Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortiz Berto. I scored a DRAW live and watching on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"While Berto seemed to have battled his way back into the contest, in the end it was a matter of too little, too late. Ortiz prevailed on the scorecards of all three ringside judges. Dr. Clark Sammartino had it a whopping 115-110, Julie Lederman 114-111, and Glen Feldman 114-112. Most ringside scribes had it much closer than that, and a sizeable proportion of press row narrowly favored Berto."

George Kimball FTW +1

Comment

http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-na...hing-scorecard

"It’s funny but Dan Rafael of ESPN.com is getting a lot of derision for scoring the Ortiz-Berto fight in favor of Berto by a score of 113-112. Now, I can’t say I agree with this (watching this from "couchside," I had "Vicious" winning this fight going away) but Rafael was not the only one who had Berto winning this fight. Ron Borges, Michael Marley and Peter Mooney (who covered this bout for our website) all had Berto on top. For whatever it’s worth, two of the official ringside judges had that fight awfully close. Julie Lederman scored it 114-111 for Ortiz and Glen Feldman had it 114-112 for the new champion, which means that if you take away the knockdowns, they basically had this fight even, for the most part..."

Comment

I could care less what ESPN guy or ringside person scored it for Berto, he lost that fight by a wide margin, and you can add those crappy ripoff points to that as well, so he won even wider if he hadn't been denied the round 1 knockdown and the point taken off.

The sooner we change boxing judging the better because it is in a sad sad place right now.

Comment

Working...
        X