Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Hatton not elite? If he doesn't count you're obviously only looking for historic ATGs in their prime which are rather facking rare, no?

And I don't know why you bring the DLH fight up. DLH won 3, at max 4, rounds against Floyd despite fighting at his comfortable weight (at that stage of his career) and being the bigger man. The split decision was ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
      Castillo, Hatton and Corrales were good but not really elite fighters.
      Who the hell would you consider elite? Only guys who he didn't face?

Who has Wlad or Vitali ever beaten that you would consider elite and in their prime? Do you downgrade them for that?

Comment

Originally posted by ZigZag View Post
        Maybe your right, but neither Klit has beaten an elite fighter prime or not.
        Perhaps, but Wlad called out Lennox in March, 2001 and heard crickets for the next two years. Floyd had a title at 130 in late 98/early 99 while Mosley was still at 135. Mayweather still has a better resume than either Klitschko though.

Comment

What the fuk where Hatton, Castillo and Corrales?

This is the reason I don't post in NSB as much anymore, it's because stupid thread after stupid thread.

Comment

Same idiots repeating the same BS fictional tales!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
              True, I'm still hopeful though. Linares is extremely talented, Vazquez is building up a pretty good resume at LW, seems willing to take on the best. Soto's pissin' me off though. not gonna lie, and he's a tough dude too, but the way he ignored Peterson and now Rios, really don't know what to think of the guy.

Vazquez, Soto, Rios, Marquez and Linares, I want to see match ups that involve these 5, Marquez might move up though, don't blame him, but I really wish he'd stay

Pacquiao will fuck him up right now...
              Hell yeah. Linares is a future ATG. He is ridiculously good. He went in to spar with Pacquiao for the Hatton fight and was going to war with him. Even Freddie said Linares with more experience could beat Pacquiao.

On Topic: This thread is dumb. Blind hate from a Floyd hater. I don't feel like edumacating the ******s.

Comment

Originally posted by Faerun View Post
                How is Hatton not elite? If he doesn't count you're obviously only looking for historic ATGs in their prime which are rather facking rare, no?

And I don't know why you bring the DLH fight up. DLH won 3, at max 4, rounds against Floyd despite fighting at his comfortable weight (at that stage of his career) and being the bigger man. The split decision was ridiculous.
                Well I will say that Hatton was not elite at 147. He won a title against Collazo (good for him... that's a damn good win, despite how bad Hatton looked and how razor thin the decision was), but it showed that he really didn't belong at the weight, as his physical advantages just weren't there. For a fighter that fights in such a bullying, physical way, moving up in weight really can be quite the detriment. It's hard to bully people around as the smaller man. However, he looked a lot better at the weight against Mayweather Jr., showing that it could have been a bad night against Collazo, or perhaps just a case of Collazo being a giant welterweight emphasizing the negatives of moving up in weight more than they would have been against a regular sized welter.

At the end of the day, a guy who is 1-1 at the weight a guy beat him at is certainly not elite.

In regards to this Oscar argument... only giving De La Hoya three rounds makes about as much sense as Tommy Kaczmarek scoring the fight for De La Hoya. I think 8-4 or 7-5 is probably the right scorecard... but 9-3 makes less sense than 6-6... it was not an ass whipping 117-111 fight for Mayweather... it just wasn't. He took too many jabs in the mouth to get the nod in 75% of the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Hell yeah. Linares is a future ATG. He is ridiculously good. He went in to spar with Pacquiao for the Hatton fight and was going to war with him. Even Freddie said Linares with more experience could beat Pacquiao.

On Topic: This thread is dumb. Blind hate from a Floyd hater. I don't feel like edumacating the ******s.
                  For a guy with a suspect chin (perfect shot that KO'd him, but it certainly raises questions at the very least) who never fights anyone, he is wasting a lot of time, and risking another "perfect shot" to let some flash in the pan or nobody knock him out again. He'd be better served to actually come fight the best competition, where most fighters throw quick punches, but from conventional angles that Linares knows how and where to defend to keep from getting hit. It's the in between fighters that have some talent but do things in a very weird fashion that can really show up and ruin someone's night. So... get your ass over here and fight Vazquez Linares!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    His defense was pretty good when he got on the defensive, he wasn't hard to hit though. Manfredy touched him up too, didn't think that was as one sided as Lederman made it out to be either, scored that 7 rounds to 5 Johnston. He fought very smart against Castillo, Johnston like Casamayor was able to tie Castillo's left arm EASILY, both were very successful in doing that.

This is why personally, I would have given Spadafora a very good chance in beating Castillo.
                    I'm quite uninformed, as I've never seen Spadafora fight, but... Mayweather decision victim Victoriano Sosa knocked him down and it sounds like he had him hurt and in trouble... not a good sign from a guy who looked okay... but not great, and definitely didn't strike me as someone how was packing a bunch of power.

I've watched the first Mayweather-Castillo fight a bunch of times (which is really quite the underrated fight in terms of entertainment value... everyone else is too god damn busy deciding whether it was a robbery or not 9 years after the fight... ****ing idiots... ) and a certain segment where Castillo has Mayweather on the ropes, and clubs Mayweather in the mouth with a right hand that kind of brushes from side to side due to the weird positioning of the two fighters.

My point is, Castillo was able to do a lot of good work on Mayweather, and yes, I also mean the second fight, which is not the wipeout that some people like to make it out to be, who I am assuming is a better defensive fighter in his prime than Spadafora... So unless he just has the antidote to Castillo's poison in the specifics of the way the fighting styles matchup, I have a hard time seeing how Spadafora beats Castillo.

Like, I said, never seen him, so this is a bit triangle based, but... the styles are alike, so it should at least provide some sort of prediction, shouldn't it?

Comment

corrales was the #2 fighter at 130 ,undefeated,considered a beast and p4p top 5..id say he was elite and prime

hatton was undefeated,2 division champ,linear 140 champ,p4p top 5..id say he was elite

castillo-top lw and prime..id say he was elite

Comment

Working...
                      X