No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

If people call GGGimmick elite with a bunch of baby belt title defenses, just like Lara with his 9 consecutive defenses and his 1 won over Canelo just like GGGimmick, how can he be not elite at 154 if people are running around in the industry calling GGGimmick an all-time best mid-weight? Pick your words wisely.

BTW, GGG and Lara have a win. I judge boxing by my eyes, not rigged cards, nationalistic behavior and fanboys
    TripleGeezer made it close in the 1st fight due to Nelo being too tentative. Wanted to show he can box, which he did. He made TripleGeezer look like an amateur on the ropes with all of that swinging and missing. It was all jab with a few right hands sprinkled in.

TriplerGeezer dared Nelo to meet him for that Mexican Business and Nelo gave it to him.
    Pale Nelo came out practically unscathed in both fights. TripleGeezer had the softest title run in the past 25 years at least.
    I would have loved it if he kept his ''anyone from 154-168'' promise

I forgot how I had the Lara fight. Might watch it again.

To say either guy is elite is making a mockery of the term.
    Sometimes, some eras will be devoid of elite level opponents to fight.
    TripleGeezer stayed where it was nice and safe.

Circling back to May....there was NO ONE BETTER when he was fighting....and would be a big problem for anyone in any era.
    ''Margarito, though !!!''

Comment

• ......and wait.......

Comment

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

To be fair, have any of you seen Joe Calzaghe lose? Rocky Marciano lose? Uuuuh, Ryan Garcia lose? Does that mean that they were 100% unbeatable or just faced the right guys at the right time? I know Ryan's career isn't over yet but he's my point right now. He'll more than likely suffer a loss soon and that just means he finally faced someone that could give him a proper fight. The others, well, they didn't get a proper fight evidently and retired.
        Real fight fans (not fan bois or haters) know a legit 0 when they see one.
        For some reason, Rocky's 0 is hailed as the end all be all...he had a shltty resume.
        May's 0 is scrutinized and downgraded because he beat someone's hero

If 0's were so easy, more fighters would have them.
        No one is going around fighting top guys every other month.

Shame how fight fans can't be honest with EVERYONE'S resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Real fight fans (not fan bois or haters) know a legit 0 when they see one.
          For some reason, Rocky's 0 is hailed as the end all be all...he had a shltty resume.
          May's 0 is scrutinized and downgraded because he beat someone's hero

If 0's were so easy, more fighters would have them.
          No one is going around fighting top guys every other month.

Shame how fight fans can't be honest with EVERYONE'S resume.
          But they are easy, up until they're not. You can navigate the waters to avoid real challenges with smart observing the landscape IQ. Meaning, you're watching everyone closely and seeing whose ready for the pickings and whose not. It's a false zero just because you got guys at the right time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No fighter's greatness can ever truly be tested until you see how they came back from a loss. This is part of the game. The counter to that is, well, if he's that good, he wouldn't lose. Nobody is THAT good. Everybody has a rival/weakness, but if he doesn't face the competition to show it, he'll always look good. It's a lot of cloak and daggers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

But they are easy, up until they're not. You can navigate the waters to avoid real challenges with smart observing the landscape IQ. Meaning, you're watching everyone closely and seeing whose ready for the pickings and whose not. It's a false zero just because you got guys at the right time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No fighter's greatness can ever truly be tested until you see how they came back from a loss. This is part of the game. The counter to that is, well, if he's that good, he wouldn't lose. Nobody is THAT good. Everybody has a rival/weakness, but if he doesn't face the competition to show it, he'll always look good. It's a lot of cloak and daggers.
            9x10, the first 15-20 fights will be soft touches.
            If a true fight fan is able to spot a hype job swerving, that ''real'' fight fan isn't the only one.

Some guys get hugs n kisses for moping up the ring with clowns.
            Never are their mismatches criticized.
            They say since that brute was able to destroy clowns, he can destroy everyone....until he couldn't.

Some guys have fought ENOUGH LEGIT OPPONENTS to test that 0.
            Most have not.

Losing is easy

Comment

• Hilarious, This post was created in 2011, now 2022 and still stands true and even more verifiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rec28 View Post
                Hilarious, This post was created in 2011, now 2022 and still stands true and even more verifiable.
                The hate for Mayweather by teenage fanboys is eternal as much as it is weird extremist material, I watched the final press conference for Spence Ugas and the side chat was all about Mayweather, these people are off in the head, the guy is retired for years and the fools are still raging on him, they are not boxing fans they are like brain dead teenage girls pulling the hatchet on old boyfriends that dumped their sorry ass, and the part that's so funny is the fukwits know so little of boxing, their ignorance allows them to cry about meaningless trivial BS that can be applied to any fighter, that's the majority of this forum where hate threads dominate on days huge World title fights are on, society is fckd and fans are reflecting it.

Carry on children, its another good reference for my grandkids when I want to show them what fools are all about, lots to point out in how losers will band together for comfort like the same deal with alcoholics where Mayweather is their Whiskey and these hate threads their AA meeting, yep the Whiskey did it all, the losers lament is as old as humanity.

Comment

• it is april,16 2022 and this thread is active? why?

Comment

Working...
                  X