No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    All these guys were number one or lineal champion in their divisions.....The thread starter doesn't know what elite means
    So is what GGG is fighting elite? Number 1 rankings doesn't equal Elite the fact that those were the elite guys means that was a weak era.

Comment

• Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
      Niether have those Klit sisters...and they've BOTH been KTFO...LOL
      like Tyson lennox lewis joe Louis. you mean like them

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I am not going to dispute anything you posted . Shane wasn't done but he wasn't prime, fair. ODH was past it, fair. both ODH and shane controlled when they fought floyd, not the other way around. They could have fought him earlier.

^^^^^^ this...they were stars and big names before Floyd, they called the shots.....Anyone that follows boxing knows Floyd wasn't a major player in PPV until he fought Gatti and he already was 2 time lineal champion, 2 weights, 11 defenses

Comment

come on dude, really? I can see your point about Vic. But to put floyd in the same category is ridiculous.

Floyd wasn't a nobody, but he wasn't a big household name. He was very much a huge risk for any big earner near his weight. I think this is why they chose not to fight him.
          Newsflash, back when Floyd first said he would fight Oscar he was at JR lightweight and he was a nobody. Ill admit back then Floyd was a threat to anyone near his weightclass, but Oscar was not near his weightclass.

And the comparison between Vic calling Oscar out and Floyd calling Oscar out is the same thing. They were both smaller dudes trying to get to the next level monetarily and the best way to do it is call out the cash cow at the time(Oscar) who happen to be in a weightclass that wasn't feasible to make the fight happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Guy has gone thru 5 divisions and defeated the #1/lineal champion in everyone of them

Defeated more world champions then anyone else in history

Won the most world titles the anyone else in history(12)

Tied with the most divisional lineal titles(4)

And you make a ****** ass thread like this?
            You must have one of the simplest minds on the planet. Some Numbers and a few statistics and your eyes are rolling in the back of your head.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              So is what GGG is fighting elite? Number 1 rankings doesn't equal Elite the fact that those were the elite guys means that was a weak era.

middleweight is one of the worst divisons today and hasn't had the kind of talent since the 90's

130-147 has been loaded with talent since the late 90s til now and many great fights have happened

From then to now.....Corrales, Castillo, Freitas, Marquez, Kostya Tszyu, Hatton, Mosley, Cotto, Pac, Danny Garcia, Joel Casamayor, Juan Diaz, Terrance Crawford, etc

All these guys are better fighters than those guys GGG is fighting....matter fact the only one that was ranked very High was Daniel Geale and Macklin and Murray were top ten but I wouldn't say they were on the level of the lil guys I mentioned

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                Newsflash, back when Floyd first said he would fight Oscar he was at JR lightweight and he was a nobody. Ill admit back then Floyd was a threat to anyone near his weightclass, but Oscar was not near his weightclass.

And the comparison between Vic calling Oscar out and Floyd calling Oscar out is the same thing. They were both smaller dudes trying to get to the next level monetarily and the best way to do it is call out the cash cow at the time(Oscar) who happen to be in a weightclass that wasn't feasible to make the fight happen.
                except one guy was clearly seen as one of the 2 or 3 best in the sport while the other was not and at 126/122.

If you see them as the same, so be it.

Comment

I am not going to dispute anything you posted . Shane wasn't done but he wasn't prime, fair. ODH was past it, fair. both ODH and shane controlled when they fought floyd, not the other way around. They could have fought him earlier.
                  You agree but then just lay all of the responsabillity in ODH and Shane anyway???

LOL

ODH fought Floyd at the ealriest possible time considering how their careers were playing out.

Until 2001, he was a welter, floyd a 130lber who didnt have buzz like mosley and didnt move up weightclasses.

From 2001 to 2003, Oscar was a jr middle floyd was a lightweight.

In 2004 Oscar was a middleweigh fatso, part time fighter, floyd was a jr welter.

2005 Oscar was retired

2006 for the first time ever Oscar and floyd were only one weightclass apart, and Floyd was p4p #1-Oscar immediatly fights him next year, no inbetween fight.

With Shane its pretty similar in the sense that the fight couldnt have happened before 2007. And Shane's resurgance was fast done as he lost by 2007 already. And was fighting once a year.

That's the same as saying floyd couldve fought tszyu-casamayor-freitas-marg-cotto-pac and its all floyds fault they didnt...except with those guys they were in the same weightclasses.
                  Last edited by -Hyperion-; 09-08-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Lineal champs don't usually equate to the best guys in the division so the hell what look at Baldimor lineal champ at ww there were at
                    Least 5 guys that were better than him yet Floyd fought the weakest of all the ww's just because he had a belt ! So sick f that lineal arguement !!

Comment

• Floyd is HOF legend and all but i see a Pacquiao-DLH-Mosley going through his resume undefeated as well...as they were in their prime...i mean let's list the best fighters floyd beat:

130-Corrales
                      135-Castillo
                      140-............not even gonna list this
                      147-2015 pac
                      154-part time fighter DLH-post two ass beatings Cotto-Canelo

Floyd has a style and work ethic that has allowed him to fight close to prime form for longer and that's the thing he has over them IMO. But head to head i take both a prime DLH-Mosley over him. And the fact that he didnt fight Tszyu-Margarito-Cotto-Pacquiao when he should've hurt his resume for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X