Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
    Even i woulda looked beast in that fight if thats what you wana call it. In my eyes Manny was never 'great', just a good fighter with speed. To me Manny is known for beatin Cotto at catch weight, KO'n Hatton who for some reason didnt worry about his defense in the fight, and lastly for JMM outboxing him 3 times. Im also still wondering why the hell he fought Clottey, Margarita, and Mosley for.
    lmfao .

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      So with that being the case, then why didn't Manny KO Bradley; If this was such a statistically dominating performance? Also, you brought up Mayweather's performance against Cotto. You are right. Mayweather isn't known as an offensive fighter, who puts a lot of punches together, with huge punching power. Yet, he actually managed to land many combination punches against Miguel. As a matter of fact, he punished and hurt Cotto several times in that fight, with overhand rights which were followed by left uppercuts that came dangerously close to knocking him out. Additionally, adding this to the fact, that he was challenging a man who was a lot heavier than him. The only thing that kept Cotto from being stopped was the heavier weight of 154 lbs as opposed to the 145 lbs he weighed when he challenged Manny Pacquiao.
      Then why didn't Floyd KO Cotto if you are saying that he rocked Cotto more than Manny did to Bradley??!!! I gave a good statistic and you came back with this??!!! Yes Floyd connected with some solid punches against Cotto but did not staggered Cotto at all, maybe just once in the 12fth round... Manny connected way more solid punches against Bradley, staggered him multiple times in the mid rounds but was not able to KO him coz i think, Manny was not going for the knock out in this match for he was always looking out for the counter, that's why he was not sitting down on his punches more.... But still my argument, Floyd against a game fighter like Cotto came out with 26% accuracy, while Manny against a quick, mobile boxer in Bradley came out with 34% accuracy, I don't really get it how a one-dimensional, wild and volume puncher can be more accurate as against a very skillful, pot-shotter??!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Pacquiao is still the same great fighter. What fans have been missing is the lack of opponents who evenly split the responsibility of initiating the exchange. Starting from Clottey (minus Margarito), he's always been forced to press the action. I think he got tired and realized it's the challenger's responsibility to take it to the champ, not the other way around. Pac is known to make apologies when the fight's outcome turned out to be not so entertaining. I don't think he had that intention in the Bradley fight where he's often seen signalling Bradley to come in and fight. I've seen it in his previous fights, but not as noticeable as in this fight.

Pac, I think, would be very happy to fight guys like Ortiz. And this fight would have happened if Ortiz is a TR fighter.
        ortiz vs pacman would be a hell of an entertaining fight.

Comment

• Manny still has exceptional speed as he was able to dodge incoming punches as well as tag Bradley with solid ones along the way, the power may have dipped a bit but i think Manny was not going for the knock out in this match for he was always looking out for the counter, that's why he was not sitting down on his punches more... But one thing that i noticed the biggest difference is in Manny's HUNGER for the GAME/KILL... I've noticed this ever since the Margarito fight, he is still a beast from start up to maybe a third part of the match but tends to get comfortable at the later rounds specially if he knows he was winning.... He is a fighter that has too many distractions, he is the only fighter that is also a politician and now a preacher of god, say what you say but this activities takes away Manny's focus somehow leading to his training before the fight. In complete contrast to other boxers that has only one thing, one focus in their mind... I really hope the lost will bring back the old complete beast in Manny, i hope we get to see that in the rematch....

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
            those number are no bull****, I am sure you have seen the fight, only thing bradley was always moving away minimizing the damage...
            the numbers are complete bull****, bro. it's embarrassing that people actually talk about compujoke in a supposedly serious boxing discussion.

Comment

• what's unique about every pacquiao fight is that his opponents always give up trying. in the later rounds bradley knew pac is miles ahead on points and the only way to win the fight is by ko. this is normal. i rarely see fights where the opponent is aware that he's way behind on points do nothing in the later rounds. yet bradley, once again in a pac fight, was there on survival mode up to the twelfth round.

Comment

• Originally posted by ALG United View Post
                Manny still has exceptional speed as he was able to dodge incoming punches as well as tag Bradley with solid ones along the way, the power may have dipped a bit but i think Manny was not going for the knock out in this match for he was always looking out for the counter, that's why he was not sitting down on his punches more... But one thing that i noticed the biggest difference is in Manny's HUNGER for the GAME/KILL... I've noticed this ever since the Margarito fight, he is still a beast from start up to maybe a third part of the match but tends to get comfortable at the later rounds specially if he knows he was winning.... He is a fighter that has too many distractions, he is the only fighter that is also a politician and now a preacher of god, say what you say but this activities takes away Manny's focus somehow leading to his training before the fight. In complete contrast to other boxers that has only one thing, one focus in their mind... I really hope the lost will bring back the old complete beast in Manny, i hope we get to see that in the rematch....
                IMO Pac started changing after he saw what he did to Margarito. His will to really want to hurt/ko his opponent seemed to change after that.

Comment

• Manny's legs are "gone" as Roach would say. Seems his power has diminished as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Manny's legs are "gone" as Roach would say. Seems his power has diminished as well.
                    His once superb stamina has drastically taken a hit as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                      IMO Pac started changing after he saw what he did to Margarito. His will to really want to hurt/ko his opponent seemed to change after that.
                      i think you may be right on with that statement Lorily. He could have blinded Tony if he went for the ko, and he knew it. Maybe his concience got to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X