Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whyte jezus, bob arum, age, not cheating on your wife anymore, and henessey is a deadly combination and is a means for disaster

new pu$$y makes u stronger, seriously

Comment

• Originally posted by ALG United View Post
      Then why didn't Floyd KO Cotto if you are saying that he rocked Cotto more than Manny did to Bradley??!!! I gave a good statistic and you came back with this??!!! Yes Floyd connected with some solid punches against Cotto but did not staggered Cotto at all, maybe just once in the 12fth round... Manny connected way more solid punches against Bradley, staggered him multiple times in the mid rounds but was not able to KO him coz i think, Manny was not going for the knock out in this match for he was always looking out for the counter, that's why he was not sitting down on his punches more.... But still my argument, Floyd against a game fighter like Cotto came out with 26% accuracy, while Manny against a quick, mobile boxer in Bradley came out with 34% accuracy, I don't really get it how a one-dimensional, wild and volume puncher can be more accurate as against a very skillful, pot-shotter??!!!
      My friend we are going to have to agree to disagree. However, I will attempt to answer your original question in why was Pacquiao more accurate against a mobile fighter as opposed to Mayweather against a game fighter? I guess it all comes down to styles. Mayweather is more of a defensive counter-puncher as opposed to Pacquiao who is more of an offensive boxer puncher. For instance since moving up to 147, Manny's opponents tend to be a lot slower, therefore enabling him to throw many more punches without the fear of being countered and land them at a much higher percentage. As opposed to Mayweather, who tends to throw fewer punches but land them at a much accurate rate. However, as his punch output increases, so does his connect percentage decreases as evident in the Cotto bout.

As far as the Bradley/Pacquiao fight goes, I still thought Manny won the fight but I don't think that it was as convincing or as dominating as most of us on here tend to believe. I agree, he clearly won most of the earlier rounds However, towards the later rounds of the fight; Either due to being overconfident, fatigue or just simply bored, he became complacent and appear to coast. Which probably ended up costing him the fight on two of the official judges scorecards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
        That's the thing I took from this weekend, he is still good but no longer great

He is now just one of a bunch of guys in and around 147 like khan , Bradley, ortiz and brook

He is clearly not the force of nature he once was, and although he got robbed here he is one or two fights away from losing clean to a "normal" fighter
        I agree and I knew this shiiit was going to happen. Mayweather and Pacquiao will not be in their primes if they ever fight and that is a big let down to boxing fans. I believe Mayweather, with his style, will do much better at an older age. Pacquiao need his youth to fight the pace he used to. Now he is turning it on at the last minute of each round, because he doesn't have the stamina he used to. I think Pac is still a step above the other guys besides Mayweather, but definitely not what he was in 2008/2010. What a shame that fight was never made. It means nothing now, to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
          That's the thing I took from this weekend, he is still good but no longer great

He is now just one of a bunch of guys in and around 147 like khan , Bradley, ortiz and brook

He is clearly not the force of nature he once was, and although he got robbed here he is one or two fights away from losing clean to a "normal" fighter

End of Story!

Timmy had a broken ankle too

PS ; All you guys who think Pac looked great this past weekend need a cat scan.
          He tried to steal rounds....HE TRIED TO STEAL ROUNDS !!!
          Last edited by rambov; 06-13-2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            My friend we are going to have to agree to disagree. However, I will attempt to answer your original question in why was Pacquiao more accurate against a mobile fighter as opposed to Mayweather against a game fighter? I guess it all comes down to styles. Mayweather is more of a defensive counter-puncher as opposed to Pacquiao who is more of an offensive boxer puncher. For instance since moving up to 147, Manny's opponents tend to be a lot slower, therefore enabling him to throw many more punches without the fear of being countered and land them at a much higher percentage. As opposed to Mayweather, who tends to throw fewer punches but land them at a much accurate rate. However, as his punch output increases, so does his connect percentage decreases as evident in the Cotto bout.

As far as the Bradley/Pacquiao fight goes, I still thought Manny won the fight but I don't think that it was as convincing or as dominating as most of us on here tend to believe. I agree, he clearly won most of the earlier rounds However, towards the later rounds of the fight; Either due to being overconfident, fatigue or just simply bored, he became complacent and appear to coast. Which probably ended up costing him the fight on two of the official judges scorecards.
            also if one checks the records cotto always does great against boxers and bad against pressure fighters

Comment

• Another thing though, some of those other fighters you mentioned don't have Tim's heart, determination, conditioning and more importantly defense. Also, one of them is extremely unproven, Brook. I do get what your saying though.

Comment

• he's past it obviously...this is the first time i saw pac phasing himself during the rounds like trying to conserve energy.

he still have enough to beat all the names mentioned though so he's still levels above them even at his past prime stage.

and i don't wanna see a rematch with bradley but if it happened, pac will beat him again and 10 times out of 10 just in case.

Comment

• I was actually pretty impressed. He fought a pretty complete fight, sans taking time off in rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    Not everyone that feels the fight was close or that Bradley won is not a Bradley fan so what's your point??I don't get thepoint of any of this,I've paid for fights where I did not agree with the outcome..I did not start b!tching like this,I think this is because a lot of people don't know who Bradley is and just can't except the fact that he won..Deal with it..

I had a co worker tell me Bradley did not win because who is Bradley how can he win...That's what he said word for word,and that's how most people feel..That don't even want to believe that Bradley could have outworked Manny..Its sad but true,Timmy being told to give the belt back is crazy..Like I said nobody said nothing to these other fights but because its Bradley(a hated dude for one reason or another)this is what ya hear...Shhit is wack..
                    Ive been watching boxing for over 20yrs, and am not a casual fan! I know who Bradley is and have seen many of his fights. I have never been impreseed by him and thought he was overrated. Not to say that he is not a good fighter but he is not on an elite level and he proved. All he proved is that he can talk a lot of **** to try and sale a fight and not back it up!!!

I have seen bad decisions as well, but nothing that was this blatant of a robbery!!! Campillo vs. Cloud was pretty bad but still not on this level. I guess a casual fan would know who those 2 fighter were huh!! Your right at your implication that I don't know who Bradley is tryin to justify thats the reason for my opinion.

That has nothing to do with my reasoning. I guess Harold Letterman,Dan Rafael,Chris Mannix and every other accredited expert doesn't now who Bradley is either. I bet experts like Rafael didn't bother you pre-fight wheen he picked Bradley to win, only now when he is saying how blatant of a robbery this was. Your right were all wrong and the blind 10% of you are right!

Comment

• Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
                      I have seen bad decisions as well, but nothing that was this blatant of a robbery!!! Campillo vs. Cloud was pretty bad but still not on this level.
                      Campillo/Cloud was a worse robbery IMO. Abril/Rios takes the cake though.

Comment

Working...
                      X