Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    Brad ducked Khan which would have prepared him for Pac, he leaped up to welterweight, has not fought any strong, welters to see if he could adjust to being at that weight, which would have prepared him for that fight...preparation is important, because against Joel, he was bulky, slow, and a little bit jittery under the lights of having that many people watching him fight...If he fought Khan, went to ww, fought a few legit top ten welters, climbed the ranks, fought a strong southpaw like Ortiz, became #3 behind Pac and Floyd, he would be prepped for this fight...this fight would be great a few years from now...but he is being rushed into this fight, and Kendal holt knocked Bradley like a ragdoll...Pac is gonna KO him in 3 rounds...Floyd vs Cotto is gonna be the good fight..I look at Pac vs Bradley like Floyd vs Hatton
    Bradley doesnt need any more warmups, he's in his prime now, like a young lion, and he's already proven himself in his bigger fights(unlike ortiz). 7 pounds wont make a difference, especially when pac is gonna be 142-144 all that weight means now is that bradley can focus solely on the training and not worry about his body weight.

I see Pac vs bradley as Floyd vs hernandez, except pacquiao is much better than hernandez.

besides, if Bradley already has a gameplan for Pac, like he said he did, then he'll be ready as he'll ever be.
    Last edited by Paclan; 04-02-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
      How? Pacquiao is a southpaw and they don't fight the same. Khan actually has a jab.
      Same style and great speed

Comment

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
        Bradley doesnt need any more warmups, he's in his prime now, like a young lion, and he's already proven himself in his bigger fights. 7 pounds wont make a difference, especially when pac is gonna be 142-144 all that weight means now is that bradley can focus solely on the training and not worry about his body weight.

I see Pac vs bradley as Floyd vs hernandez, except pacquiao is much better than hernandez.

besides, if Bradley already has a gameplan for Pac, like he said he did, then he'll be ready as he'll ever be.
        Be foreal...Bradley is slow and bulky at welterweight...this is why u take ur time...u dont leap weight classes to fight the number 2 fighter at that class...u climb the ranks, so ur body can adjust...and like I said before, Bradley was sloppy, bulky, and slow last time he fought at welterweight...this is why u DONT leap classes to fight the best guy...he should fight more top ten welters so he can be physically adjusted to this class...its the same when Hatton and Floyd

Comment

Bradley has everything to prove. This is his shot at stardom, and this is the biggest fight of his life and his chance to prove his greatness. Combine that with his determination, resilience youth, skill, physical ability and intelligence, and you have a problem on your hands.

Cotto on the other hand, has nothing to prove. He was already broken against margarito, he already failed against pacquiao. He's fought nobody's since then, and this is most likely his last big payday. He already said he wouldn't die in the ring(real fighters would) and he's fighting mr self preservation.

Sure all the hype and media is on Floyd and Cotto, but I think the real fight is going to be on June 9th.
          I actually agree with this. Pac-Bradley is the more intriguing and competitive matchup but it will be an ugly fight because of both guys herky-jerky styles and the fact that we got an orthodox fighter and a southpaw. Headbutts, trips and all kinds of awkward action all night long.

Mayweather-Cotto will be much more aesthetically pleasing. Just clean boxing, speed and skills.

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
          Bradley is 5x the challenge Cotto is.

There's is nobody more dangerous in the 140-147 range than Bradley.
          Guerrero is better than Bradley. Pac knows, Guerrero got the best of him in sparring.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Be foreal...Bradley is slow and bulky at welterweight...this is why u take ur time...u dont leap weight classes to fight the number 2 fighter at that class...u climb the ranks, so ur body can adjust...and like I said before, Bradley was sloppy, bulky, and slow last time he fought at welterweight...this is why u DONT leap classes to fight the best guy...he should fight more top ten welters so he can be physically adjusted to this class...its the same when Hatton and Floyd
            pacquiao is gonna be 142-144

There's no pressure for bradley to be at any weight because there's no disadvantage.

He can come in at 141 if he wants to and it's still a fair fight.

Comment

Bradley has everything to prove. This is his shot at stardom, and this is the biggest fight of his life and his chance to prove his greatness. Combine that with his determination, resilience youth, skill, physical ability and intelligence, and you have a problem on your hands.

Cotto on the other hand, has nothing to prove. He was already broken against margarito, he already failed against pacquiao. He's fought nobody's since then, and this is most likely his last big payday. He already said he wouldn't die in the ring(real fighters would) and he's fighting mr self preservation.

Sure all the hype and media is on Floyd and Cotto, but I think the real fight is going to be on June 9th.
              cotto might have nothing to prove but hes got everything to gain. imagine if he upsets mayweather and takes his 0, he will be a legend! he will go down in history as the greatest rican fighter ever, the fight will be one of boxings biggest moments in history and he will be boxing royalty for the rest of his life. then theres the paydays ahead if he wins, you said yourself if he loses this might be his last.

to act like cotto wont be motivated is ******ed. as is saying cotto isnt a real fighter, i dont give a **** what he said in the staredown with margarito. cotto is a true fighter, the man is a 3 weight world champ ffs, you cant achieve that not being a real fighter.

i agree bradley-pacquiao is the far better fight though, bradley is better than cotto at this stage and floyd has always been better than pac so it will most likely be a more competetive fight. considering how manny lost in his only legit challenge in years it will be interesting to see how he deals with this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                cotto might have nothing to prove but hes got everything to gain. imagine if he upsets mayweather and takes his 0, he will be a legend! he will go down in history as the greatest rican fighter ever, the fight will be one of boxings biggest moments in history and he will be boxing royalty for the rest of his life. then theres the paydays ahead if he wins, you said yourself if he loses this might be his last.

to act like cotto wont be motivated is ******ed. as is saying cotto isnt a real fighter, i dont give a **** what he said in the staredown with margarito. cotto is a true fighter, the man is a 3 weight world champ ffs, you cant achieve that not being a real fighter.

i agree bradley-pacquiao is the far better fight though, bradley is better than cotto at this stage and floyd has always been better than pac so it will most likely be a more competetive fight. considering how manny lost in his only legit challenge in years it will be interesting to see how he deals with this one.
                Honestly? I really dont think even cotto thinks he can beat mayweather lol.

We'll see on the 24/7

Comment

• Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
                  What weight advantages will PAC have over Bradley? 20+lbs?? And this version of cotto should be easy for ployd.. I mean he did ducked cotto for how many years, 6? Lol
                  Bradley fighting at a weight that was demanded and in which favors Manny.

How can Floyd be ducking Cotto for 6 years while Cotto and Arum never wanted the fight. Isn't Manny ducking the Cotto that Floyd is fighting?

Manny is scared to fight a hydrated Cotto. Manny had no problem fighting a weight drain Cotto at 145 and now has no problem at fighting a weight drain 148 Cotto.

Comment

pacquiao is gonna be 142-144

There's no pressure for bradley to be at any weight because there's no disadvantage.

He can come in at 141 if he wants to and it's still a fair fight.
                    I DONT CARE ABOUT PAC'S WEIGHT...WHEN BRADLEY WENT TO WW, HE WAS SLOW AND BULKY, AND WITHOUT FIGHTING ANY TOP TEN'S, TO EARN THIS FIGHT, HE IS SKIPPING THE WHOLE DIVISION TO FIGHT THE NUMBER 2 GUY, AND HE'S NOT PHYSICALLY READY FOR THIS FIGHT...HYPOTHETICALLY, IF, HE FOUGHT KHAN, THAT WOULD HAVE PREPARED HIM FOR FAST FIGHTERS OF THAT CALIBER, IF HE THEN, WENT TO WW, FOUGHT A FEW TOP TEN WW'S, HE WOULD BE BETTER PREPARED FOR THIS FIGHT...INSTEAD, HE SKIPPED KHAN, LEAPED TO WW, HAD A BUM FIGHT, IN WHICH HE LOOKED BIIIGGG, BUUULKY, SLOOOOWWW, AND JITTERY UNDER THE LIGHTS...JITTERY TO BE FIGHTING IN FRONT OF ALL THOSE PEOPLE. IF HE DID THINGS THE RIGHT WAY, HE WOULD BE PREPARED FOR THIS FIGHT BETTER...HE IS BEING RUSHED UP TO WW, TO FIGHT MANNY FREAKING PACMAN...HE WILL SEE THE SPEED, GO INTO A DEFENSIVE SHELL, SHAKE HIS GLOVES LIKE MOSLEY, AND GET KO'D IN THE 3RD ROUND....IF KENDAL HOLT CAN DROP HIM LIKE A RAGDOLL, THEN PAC WILL MURDER HIM EASY...Arum Picked Bradley for a reason, and u are not understanding that

Comment

Honestly? I really dont think even cotto thinks he can beat mayweather lol.

We'll see on the 24/7
                      Honestly? I really dont think even Manny thinks he can beat Cotto at 154 since he ducked him there lol.....

Comment

Working...
                      X