Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Future View Post
    Again, do you know this as FACT, or just baseless accusations?
    The search engine is your friend, look it up, this has been explained in the past.

The guarantee is what pac keeps, at fight night he gets a flat fee of around 6m, then top rank pay him the rest of his guarantee later, usually about 2 weeks after the fight, like for marquez, he got like 5m up front, then was given the 17.5m a few weeks later. about a month later he gets his ppv bonus

Top rank take their bit from the total fight revenue, a guarantee is what a boxer walks home with 100 percent, for example, I believe for the ortiz fight, floyds guarantee was 25m, however, on fight night he got paid around 17m of it and the rest later with his ppv bonus

Comment

• Originally posted by The Future View Post
      You know what dude, I had to go back and re read ur post on pg 5, cause I must have read that **** wrong.....yes this happened someone here actually acknowledges there own mistake.

I thought you were implying Arum is just screwing over pac(maybe ture but 2 what degree who knows).... My bad.

Yes commission rules state they have to be paid there guaranteed purse right after the fight, however the thing I was just saying is mannys purse will always always be lower then mayweathers(guarantee purse) because of tax reasons, awhile back arum, manny, and other boxing writers stated this was because of tax reasons.
      Of course it is for dodging tax, you are spot on there.

In essence, pac gets his fight pay check in 3 instalments, the fight night amount which is usually below 8m, then a few weeks later he gets the rest of this guaranteed purse, and usually at the same time or a few weeks later he gets his ppv bonus

edit

that is not taking into account his worldwide revenue, gate revenue and so on etc

the rich always find a way to dodge tax, pac is no different

Comment

• Is Not About Religion

Comment

• No way would Bradley take 5M home and Paq 6M.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            According to what source? The only place I have read about Pac earning $20 million plus against Marquez was through internet rumors on sites like this where his worshippers claim he is making that much and from the mouth of Bob Arum, who hasn't told the truth since Richard Nixon was president.

His guarantee for the Marquez fight was $6 million. He probably made $10 million in that fight after receiving his cut from the PPV because the PPV did not do as well as Arum and Pac's worshippers claim.

If this thread is true, Pac's guarantee for the Bradley fight is $6 million. He will make more money than that, but he definitely won't make $20 million more than that because, if he could make that much on PPV, his guarantee would be significantly higer. That means that his guarantee is $26 million less than Mayweather's guarantee for the Cotto fight and two million less than Cotto's guarantee for the Mayweather fight. A guy who is as popular and generates as much money as his worshippers and Bob Arum claims should have a guarantee that is significantly higher than the guarantee for Mayweather's last opponent.

Your whole post is just wrong, all of it is just totally inaccurate and wrong. I don't understand why people like you just don't do your research to find out the truth instead of making it up in your own mind...

Comment

• Blaming his poor showing on plyometrics is weak. They are unproven to even work. The real excuse is Marquez bulked up the right way this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Tooth
                not the guarantee has to be paid right after.

base purse. like the guys on the undercard with no guarantees and ppv share for example. they get paid right there and there.

of course with the main event guys with guarantees and ppv share , they can't get paid the full amount yet because obviously they don't know what that full amount is yet.

as far as the tax benefits , i'm not sure if there is a benefit to showing a lower base purse.

you get taxed on your total income not base purse.

so what you make is what you're taxed on. what your base purse is/was is irrelevant.

as far as floyd..... he's guaranteeing himself through his own company. he can guarantee himself $10 billion if he wants and it don't matter. it's not like he's gonna sue his own company if he doesn't get $10 billion.

There is a difference TAX wise, i will try to find the link. but i do remember reading a good article about this, and its the reason his purse(NSAC reported) looks so small in comparison to Mayweathers(Floyd still gets more but not as big as many think)

because he is not a citizen he gets taxed alot, so they find ways around it kinda. like he gets 6 million in the US but say 15 million through overseas money(PPV, or whatever) which does not go toward his taxes for in the US..........again i will try to find the link

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                  Pacquiao ruined this episode..................

The hell is wrong with him.
                  Its great seeing a new face in Bradley.
                  lol. Bradley was definitely the more entertaining. Interesting to hear from Jinkee though.

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  Blaming his poor showing on plyometrics is weak. They are unproven to even work. The real excuse is Marquez bulked up the right way this time.
                  Made me suspicious when Pac said Marquez was bigger tbh, JMM's nutritionist is a drugs cheat.

Comment

• I enjoyed this episode thoroughly.....But why is Bradley taking all of mayweathers phrases? dude is trying hard to sound like Mayweather....

Comment

• what Fat Dan said about it:

"The figures written in a Nevada contract are not necessarily the real number for big PPV guys. They get most of their money off PPV generally. So if Manny's "official" purse is $8 million fine. But he is guaranteed in his contract with Top Rank (which is not something the commission would have or release if it did) something like $20 million or whatever. The money is the money. One of the reasons for the disparity is because Manny is not a US citizen and is often paid a large amount of his money through his Filipino promotional company and deals in the Philippines for things like the television revenue there. So while it looks like a big difference it is not in reality."

"So folks can keep on drinking the kool aid. But they dont get how the business actually works when it comes to fighters from overseas. I once covered a world title fight in Vegas with a champion from South Africa in say about 2002. His Nevada contract for a world title fight said his official purse was like $1,000. But he was making more like $50,000 because of the TV money from South Africa. You can do anything with numbers. What is written on the Nevada paper for big time fights isn't worth the paper it is written on,"

- Dan Rafeal

Comment

Working...
                      X