Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badass316 View Post
    If it is a legal loophole, I'm wondering why "Money" isn't doing it as well. Seems like he'd save a lot more money from Uncle Sam since he's always *****ing about taxes raping him.
    It's no secret that most rich people work hard to understate their earnings. Floyd on the other hand want the whole world to know he made $20m against the Big Show.

Comment

• Originally posted by borgata View Post
      I haven't said anything big guy. I am just genuinely curious if he does guarantee his purse or does GB.
      Mayweather is the lead promoter. He pays GB a flat fee as the co-promoter, which is why Mayweather retains 100% of the PPV, gate, etc. Mayweather brags about it all the time, how he doesn't have to kick up anything to any promoter, etc. How in the world would GB present a guarantee if he keeps nearly all the money from the show. TR offers Pacquiao a high guarantee based on their take of the gate, PPV, etc. If the PPV does not do as expected, TR could take a bath on the Bradley show.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
        Since your'e so well knowledged on Manny Pacquiaos contract with Top Rank, can you please state how much % he gets from PPV revenue? Also, please tell me how much % of his money goes to Top Rank after all is said and done. I believe it's 30%. On top of that, he has to pay taxes and trainer fees. So let's say according to you and you're knowledge of Pacquiaos contract (since you've seen it first hand) he's somehow making $20 million from this fight. Pacquiao will not even see 50% of that so that's $10 MILLION. Now compare that to $40 MILLION, NON TAXED, that Mayweather offered, including 20 Million to be wired to his personal account in 24 hours.

have a good day. 50/50 guys, it's only fair.
        This is a$$ backwards. He'll have to pay whatever taxes either way. The catch is, Mayweather's offer is still subject to Arum's cut. When the guarantee comes from Arum, the promoter already got his. So in reality, Floyd's offer is a small bump (~ 15%) from his usual earnings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Tooth
          i'm no expert on pacquiao's deal with top rank. don't really know much about the details nor do i care.

i'm just not ****** enough to not know what a base purse is.
          Is this you TUA?

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Mayweather is the lead promoter. He pays GB a flat fee as the co-promoter, which is why Mayweather retains 100% of the PPV, gate, etc. Mayweather brags about it all the time, how he doesn't have to kick up anything to any promoter, etc. How in the world would GB present a guarantee if he keeps nearly all the money from the show. TR offers Pacquiao a high guarantee based on their take of the gate, PPV, etc. If the PPV does not do as expected, TR could take a bath on the Bradley show.
            Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              Since your'e so well knowledged on Manny Pacquiaos contract with Top Rank, can you please state how much % he gets from PPV revenue? Also, please tell me how much % of his money goes to Top Rank after all is said and done. I believe it's 30%. On top of that, he has to pay taxes and trainer fees. So let's say according to you and you're knowledge of Pacquiaos contract (since you've seen it first hand) he's somehow making $20 million from this fight. Pacquiao will not even see 50% of that so that's $10 MILLION. Now compare that to $40 MILLION, NON TAXED, that Mayweather offered, including 20 Million to be wired to his personal account in 24 hours.

have a good day. 50/50 guys, it's only fair.
              First, this fight is the biggest in history if it happens. Do you really believe it is going to be made by a phone call between the two fighters? It's alot more complicated than that. What makes you think if Floyd gave Manny 40 million to fight him that Pacquiao wouldn't pay taxes on it? News flash, he would pay the full taxes on that 40 million sure as death and taxes.There is no way to get around taxes. Also if Pacquiao gets 40 million he still has to pay all his people including Arum. It has been estimated that there will be about 200 million profits available to be split up between the two sides. So Mayweather's offer of 40 million amounts to an 80% 20% split and it's a joke offer. 50 50 just means half to Floyd and his promoters and half to Manny and Arum. How it gets split up after that is no business of the other side. Guess what, the fight can't start without Pacquiao and it's twice as big as any other fight Floyd can make. So if Floyd won't make a reasonable offer he loses his biggest payday also. Meantime they can both keep from starving to death by fighting other guys for 20 to 40 million a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                so does mayweather promotions finally have a license to promote a fight or is that what GBP is for?

If mayweather is the lead promoter, he has to pay for insurance for all the fighters, he has to pay the referees, the judges, everybody that works to set up the fight.

Does floyd do all of this? Because that is what a "LEAD" promoter does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Tooth
                  base purse is what you pay the fighters right after the fight.

why would arum want to pay him his guaranteed amount before all the money has come in?

i mean he could but why?

pay manny his base purse , then when all ppv money comes in , then you can pay him all his money.

same thing.

and this way he's not emptying out his bank account to pay manny right away when all he has to do is wait for the rest of the revenue has come in.

Again, do you know this as FACT, or just baseless accusations?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Future View Post
                    Again, do you know this as FACT, or just baseless accusations?
                    Yeah.

Sweet Tooth = Buboy Fernandez.

Comment

• lol at bradley beating up kids in wheelchairs

Comment

Working...
                      X