No announcement yet.

VItali Klitschko: The Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
    I agree with most of this except for the dr. being on the payroll part. I think they were genuinely concerned for Vitali's health. I kind of disagree with the boxing rules. I think if a fight is half completed which it was & the referee doesn't stop it & both fighters fought there heart out..that it should go to the scorecards. It's like Klitschko's entire effort was shot down because of cosmetic problems. He won 2/3 of the fight.. landed 60% of all the punches in the fight..A fighter who's winning the fight at that stage should get the nod as he did more. It's an injury..he wasn't stopped by Lewis...was stopped on a matter of opinion as to the severity of the cuts he suffered by doctors at ringside.. he wasn't stopped by Lewis or the ref....those are the 2 people that were in the ring with him & most of the time..it's there doing during the rd that halts the bouts. Yes Vitali was robbed... he should've knocked Lewis out & had a few instances to do so but let Lewis off the hook..you can pin that on inexperience..showing too much respect for him as well. Lewis was ready to go in the 5th rd & Vitali didn't finish him.. The second rd should've been a TKO but Vitali let him off the hook as well. You can say the same about Lewis as he had a half blind VK begging to be put out of his misery & Lennox landing his best punches & couldn't do it.. Great epic war & now that Vitali IS NEARING Lennox's level in heavyweight annals..this fight will go down as probably the greatest battle between 2 alltime greats.
    Well, we are mostly in total agreement, but i really wasn't saying the dr. WAS on "the payroll". I say he was stupid and made inane excuses to get out of what he almost immediately realised was a wrong call he'd made. He said that "I told Klitschko to look up and he couldn't, so that meant his eyelid wasn't working"....(paraphrasing)

I've often pointed out that he was standing riight in front of klitscko, and all Klitschko could see of the dr. was his belt right in front of his eyes, ALSO, with the huge noise in 3-4 languages going on, as well as the crowd roaring, I'd bet that Klitschko didn't evven HEAR the dr. NOT TO MENTION, that his English was almost non-existent at that time. If you recall, as soon as he realised what had happened, and WHY....he jumped up and wildly kept shouting "I CAN SEE, ICAN SEE WERY VELL......."

Remember that Jimmy?? and also do you remember that BOTH his eyes were WIDE OPEN glaring at everyone .

There was obviously NOTHING wrong with his eyelid. His eybrow was under control, not very swollen, not bleeding, The doctor just made a mistake.

The only point I dispute with you is where you say that Klitschko was "half-blind"..

I say, and KLITSCKO said, that he was no such thing. And he wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
      OK what were the punches landed/thrown for both fighters in the Gilberto Williamson fight. With link please.

:edit Scrap that, give me punch stats for his first 15 fights with links please.
      Old "Blobs" is up to his usual obscurant tricks, just to give you a lot of donkey-work, looking up videos he actually has no interest in.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        He beat some low-loss fighters too. He gave Timo Hoffmann his first loss when they were fighting for, I think, EBU Champ, and was also a huge guy about Klitschko's size. I think he was the first to go the distance with Klitschko, and it must have been Klitschko's first or second fight after the Byrd loss.
        Yes it was the first fight after the Byrd fight. He Ko'ed his first 27 fighters & then failed to ko his next 2... Similar when he failed to KO 2 of the last 3 fighters he fought before Solis. Sometimes he does have Ko LAPSES..AFTERall he's only human but his lapses are less than anyone elses.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          Old "Blobs" is up to his usual obscurant tricks, just to give you a lot of donkey-work, looking up videos he actually has no interest in.
          Nope, i just know that not all the punch stats are out there to find so he's guessing to make up his facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Malicious View Post
            No insult intended, just an observation. I remember seeing on boxrec years ago Wlad listed at 6'5 1/2" and now all of a sudden he's 6'6 1/2" listed and given 6'7" by most posters? I actually thoroughly enjoyed your post which is why I green k'd you. Keep up the good work, it's posters like you who keep me coming back (albeit lurking mostly).
            Thanks.... I appreciate that. It just really boggles my mind that we're witnessing the most dominant fighter of our time who just DESTROYS his opponents physically & mentally is arguably the most intimidating fighter in boxing annals ONCE you actually are in the ring with him... not get the respect he deserves. PEOPLE.. please get off your high horses.. there's NO blueprint to beat him in a legitimate boxing manner..that's ofcourse if you call him fighting at 50% capacity>>> WINNING!

Comment

I've never understood the fan's of individual boxers..I'm a Boxer and a Fan of boxing but frankly when I really focus on a Boxer it's to figure out how to dismantle them. It's really a sincere form of respect.. I search out other fighter's techniques and abilities and match them to see what might stick. Heaping accolades on a fighter..That's just worship.. The opposite of fighting..Worship is a following and subservient behavior..
              Vitali is a fine Fighter with excellent abilities good skill and good toughness and willingness to scrap it out..I like his fights more than his brothers though they share a lot of the Fighting Tall techniques..It's his willingness to scrap that makes him a better fighter..Once the script for defeating the "Boxing tall style" is written that's when the real fighters remain..I think Vitali would still stick around to fight..Overall for heavyweight boxing we need to get range on this tall fighting thing..It's killing our class..I'm not a hater of tall fighters I just hate this particular style..

Comment

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis was badly hurt, was holding on for dear life and was staggering around the ring like a drunk, he barely survived the 2nd round. Lewis was getting outboxed, outworked, outlanded and was badly hurt several times in the fight.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 30 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared his bitch ass into retirement.

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Even Emanuel Steward was upset and pissed off at Lewis for blatantly ducking a Vitali rematch.

Lewis is scared to death of Vitali.

Comment

Lewis was coming off the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis-Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age"

In an interview right before the Vitali fight, Lewis said "I'm at the peak of my powers, I will keep fighting for many more years"

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared him into retirement. That's a FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                    OK what were the punches landed/thrown for both fighters in the Gilberto Williamson fight. With link please.

:edit Scrap that, give me punch stats for his first 15 fights with links please.
                    Wait... but what are you trying to refute? Are you questioning whether those earlier knockout victims landed or threw more punches before they got KTFO?

I watched some of those earlier fights & they didn't throw more than Vitali. The fight with Williamson was an 8 rd fight..Vitali kayoed him in the 6th.. You honestly think this dude wasn't a punching bag before Vitali was through with him. I see no evidence at all of anyone throwing & landing more than him. His fighting style more than supports this. The only time that could possibly have happened was if Vitali Knocked his opponents out with the first punch he threw after 2 flailing attempts by them..you know.. kind of like what happened with Solis.......if we just counted the last sequence..then yes Solis threw more than Vitali & I'D have to retract one item from the list & Vk did land & throw more than Solis in rd despite the punch stats not being released.. Hope that answers your inquiry & as a sidenote.. get rid of that video which SHOWS nothing of the aftermath of all the damage that was incurred by Vitali's semi-temple shot... THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
                      In closing.. for one fighter to have this much dominance over his peers & to have the BEST numbers in heavyweight history but NOT be considered as one of the very best when he's actually been the very best & most dominant heavyweight is beyond me. His Boxing PER is so far greater than anyone elses it's not even funny

Vitali was gifted with one of the weakest HW divisions in history.

Not only that, but when LL was going on a tear, the K-sisters were hiding out in germany and getting stopped by guys like Byrd and Sanders.

Comment

Working...
                      X